Installing Sonos Plugin 2.0 (development/pre-release) for Azure TTS access

Are you running the UPnP proxy?

Yes, all along.

OK. Install 20075.2100 and let’s see what happens.

1 Like

For the record, I see the last one that I installed during this debacle was (somehow) ‘Sonos Plugin version 2.0 develop-20071.2100’ … was that wrong? Am updating to latest pull from repo now, presumably 20075.2100.

I’m getting the dreaded " Sonos : Invalid install files" in blue now. Hmm… about to do the Hard Refresh in Chrome (Ctrl-F5)…

OK, that happens when you have both compressed and uncompressed files on the box. Which can happen if you back and forth between using the Luup uploader and scp/WinSCP, for example. Plausible?

Absolutely so! Should I bite the dust and install WinSCP for this exercise? Can do. Hold.

No! No WinSCP! Luup uploader only.

Here’s what I recommend, if you’re on remote access (copy-paste for safety):

os.execute( "rm /etc/cmh-ludl/*_Sonos*" )

Then reinstall using steps 4-10, and step 14, all done with the Luup uploader (only).

Roger that. Aborting. Prolly could not have run WinSCP remotely, I quickly realized.
Performing os. method now.

STATUS: Waiting the 5 minutes after reload(), then will Hard Refresh.

I get slightly modified text under the master Sonos device:

Running 1 zones; proxy detected

Definitely running version…

Sonos Plugin version 2.0develop-20075.2100; JSUI 2.0develop-20075.2100

How many devices did you have before? Any of them say “DELETE ME” ?

Here in the WEB UI (I’m avoiding the mobile app altogether for the time being), only one child device has been present throughout. No “delete me” signals.
Seemingly stable install. Moved child device “Player” to ‘Living Room’, will check again in 12 hours.

Master Sonos device still populated with all correct TTS settings, fyi, as well.

Wait… you talked about “Player”, “Renderer” and “Server”… now I’m really confused…

The THREE devices were exposed only in the Vera Mobile app. The Web UI (Chrome in Windows) has consistently only shown the “Player”, not the two others. Ever.

Master device present all the time in both.

OK. So the mobile app doesn’t honor their own “invisible” flag. Cool.

Let’s see what happens, but I’m not sure what to expect, then. If things keep moving, I’ll need log files. Otherwise I’m just padding around in the dark.

Can confirm that “Renderer” and “Server” remain visible in Vera Mobile app (Android), fyi, in “No Room”. Right.

High five for getting me this far, truly. Let’s call it a night. THANKS! Will keep “device watch” on #312 in morning.

1 Like

Hello, “Player” #313, and welcome to ‘No Room’ you jerk. See you in the morning!

I killed all things once it reached #320 a few hours later.

Anyone still experiencing any kind of problem with Sonos 2.0, please update to the latest version (steps 4-10 and then step 14). This version contains additional debug.

If you are experiencing issues, please turn on “plugin” debug (only) in the master device Settings tab. When you experience the issue, please run, do not walk, to fetch the Sonos.log file from your system, and ZIP it. Also, please request the following URL in a browser and PM (do not post here) the output (attach the ZIP file with the log to the PM):

http://your-local-vera-ip/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_SonosSystem&action=status

If I’ve asked for your full LuaUPnP.log file, please include that in the ZIP file.

OK. As of last night, the final mystery was unraveled, and that leaves me with an empty list of problems for this plugin for the moment. I want to thank everyone who has put considerable effort into helping me track down their issues. Troubleshooting at a distance is just not easy, and downright frustrating at times. But it appears we have prevailed, at least for the moment.

The current version number on the latest respin in 20076.2230. I urge all of you to update to this release (following steps 4-10 on the head post as usual, plus step 14). If you experience any further issues, please make sure you are up to at least this release number before reporting them here.

No new features for this version. I am now driving for closure and release. At this point, I am shooting for 4/12 to release to the App Marketplace.

1 Like