Installing Sonos Plugin 2.0 (development/pre-release) for Azure TTS access

I like that Patrick’s donation portal on PayPal can be set to “Monthly” for those willing to support his on-going development efforts.

And yes, @rigpapa really and truly should either be hired by ezlo, somehow added to their payroll, or (at the very least) have his plug-ins licensed/underwritten (but not taken over!) by the company.

My workflow has taken on much grander dimensions since discovering Reactor, to be sure, but the man behind it has served as a personal inspiration as well. He is to be commended (and compensated!)!

• LibraSun
2 Likes

I think I’ve already assured that will never come to pass, and besides, they could not afford me. :slight_smile:

While PayPal offers a monthly donation option, please don’t use it. It’s nice to get a little coffee money now and again, but it’s just as a tip and not meant to be a sustaining thing for me. I do have some minor costs, but providing tools that benefit the community has improved my experience with the product as well, and that’s the real win for all of us.

9 Likes

Maybe a Bug: …Was playing spotify on Sonos, then a tigger announced a TTS message, it played successfully but music did not restart. Then if I say, alexa play music…it doesn’t resume. I have to specify what music to play.

Funny, I noticed the very same behavior – unrelated to the Sonos plug-in – today, whenever I opened the Ring app (for Windows) while music was playing on my Sonos Beam. The audio would stop immediately, and when I closed Ring, the music did not resume, and after asking Alexa (which is built into the Beam) to “Resume” nothing happened. Silence.

I had to request the same station over again.

How does the 2.0 app look like in Vera? The same as before or a new look?
Can anyone throw a picture here?

Make sure you’re on the latest code (repeat steps 4-10)

I had updated a few days ago when troubleshooting the chime issue. Did it get revised?

No changes since. I can’t go deeper until I get home.

OK. So it appears that the compression process used by the Luup uploader damages the MP3 file. So when uploading the plugin files, skip the MP3 file. You’ll need to upload that separately using another facility like scp (e.g. WinSCP, etc.).

OK. If everyone could please upgrade to the latest-and-greatest 2.0, that would be helpful—let’s get a stable baseline again. Version number should read 20070-1130.

@lakewoodjazz, although you already have nodes configured, please run Discovery from the master device. It should report nothing new found. Then, grab the /etc/cmh-ludl/Sonos.log file from your Vera and email it to me (or ZIP it and drag it into a PM to me here). I’ve enabled some debug that will let me see the full device discovery and see if I can’t figure out how to better sort out the “real” devices from the satellites.

Hopefully everyone saw the other notes about the MP3 file (Luup uploader wrecks it). The best answer is to either skip the file altogether (the plugin will fetch it from Github if it doesn’t exist at all), or upload it with scp (WinSCP, etc.).

So much going on while I’ve been away… what else?

1 Like

Hi Rigpapa…followed your instructions to a tee with your latest revision (today) including the removal of the old version installed (4.1) but unfortunately, no joy in having it “say” anything.

1. Master loaded fine which allowed me to enter Default Engine, Key, Region and Voice. Discovery patch “installed”, ran discovery with no new devices found

2. Master indicates that is running 4 zones although I only have 3

3. Each child has been created although a couple of issues:
    a) 3/6 created are the lead group devices. The TV room group includes a Playbase/lead which is showing fine, 2 play ones and a sub. Both the play ones and sub show offline and “can’t detect device”. Additionally, they continue to randomly flash the actual device picture (i.e. sub) and the Sonos Plugin picture
    b) a 7 device was created with random numbers/letters as it’s name….shows offline, does not indicate “can’t detect device”

4. If I go into the Playbase device and select group “TV Room” and select “apply changes”, it does not save the selection. When I go back in, it’s unchecked. Same for all lead devices

Not sure if any of this helps or if others are experiencing the same but wanted to report findings. Please let me know if there is anything further I can provide. Thanks for all your efforts thus far.

OK. ZIP up and send me the /etc/cmh-ludl/Sonos.log file from your system. Attaching to a PM here is probably best (just PM me and drag the ZIP into the message).

Welcome back!
OK I ran Discovery and it found a new device.
Calling it 4D494342-5342-5645-0…
I emailed you a screen shot of the new device and a will send above log file shortly.
Cheers
Wilbur

After checking l notice I’m running plug in version:
2.0develop-20060.2005
Can you forward me the current github link?
Wilbur

Github develop branch repository: https://github.com/toggledbits/Sonos-Vera/tree/develop

Link found in OP at top.

Is this the correct url to retrive logs after running
os.execute(“Rotate_Logs.sh 1”) os.execute(“Reload.sh”)
in test lua?

http://my Vera IP /cmh-ludl/Sonos.log

Is it 110% certain that we do NOT copy the /Services folder over onto Vera during install of 20070?

I notice the IP address of this “none existent” Sonis device is 192.168.1.3.
That’s the same as my primary Vera.
That cant be good…
:roll_eyes:

200%. Not necessary.

1 Like

Thanks. Reason I asked was that, in response to getting a persistent “Invalid Install Files” message in blue from Sonos: (after upping to 20070), which seemingly nothing would fix, I went DEEP with removing files and putting them all back from the 20070 release, including that folder.

Whereupon, finally, everything settled down, device created, child discovered, etc. So with the blessing of your Reply, I shall now remove /Services from my Vera. Just didn’t wanna jinx anything. :slight_smile:

THANKS!