Installing Sonos Plugin 2.0 (development/pre-release) for Azure TTS access

@Jaggz could you, when you have a moment, re-run discovery (expecting no changes) and them immediately and with all haste go and grab the /etc/cmh-ludl/Sonos.log file and send it to me as you did before. The satellite devices caused so much logging that I can’t see any discovery messages in your last log–let’s see if we can grab it. If not, I have plan B ready, but I’d like to see if I can kill both problems with one release.

Since rectifying my Sonos 2.0.20070-related issues last night (took about 2.5 hours of mucking about, culminating in a really DEEP uninstall and reinstall/rebuild using freshly downloaded 20070 from Github)…

…just when all seemed right with the world…

…I got this phantom device out of nowhere, and Vera moved my actual, real, only zone (my Sonos Beam) out of the “Living Room” and back into “No Room”. Ugh!

I’ll sit on my hands until I’m sure that either I’m the only one having this happen (and only since last night, mind you! following the 20070 update), or hear that it’s something I can tackle without the need for a downgrade.

Log zipped and sent via PM. Thanks!

• Libra

Hi
I am having the same issues.
Check the Url of the new device.
I noticed mine has the same ip address as my Vera.
rigpapa will figure this out!
Where does one put this code…?
/etc/cmh-ludl/Sonos.log file

One ZIPs (compresses) the .log file and sends it to @rigpapa (in a private message thru the Forum) for analysis.

FYI, I read my sonos.log out of morbid curiosity and noticed lots of references to my Hue Lights hub – residing on my network at precisely the same IP address associated with the phantom device – which was both fascinating and unexpected. :slight_smile:

UPnP SNAFU perhaps? FYI, my Vera has the “UPnP Event Proxy” plug-in installed. Does yours? (I seem to recall it being a required component.)

Yep …I’m OK with that…
But exactly where do I run the code?
Through Veraapps/test Lua code or my browser url?
Yes upnp installed on my Vera. It is highly recommended by rigpapa.
:relaxed:

1 Like

That’s not code. That’s the absolute location and the filename you need to send to rigpapa.

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with SCP or Putty (as computer programs)

C

1 Like

I get your question now… it’s not “code”, that’s the folder location in Vera where the sonos.log file can be found. I retrieve mine using WinSCP, and (sorry) don’t know the alternative way of obtaining it. Surely, someone else will either chime in or has already posted (HTTP GET?) steps above?

1 Like

On your Vera, go to APPS > Develop Apps > Luup Files > scroll down > find SONOS.LOG, click DOWNLOAD on its right.

(Although when I used this method just now to test, my .log appears empty.)

Duh, sorry I couldn’t conjure that up moments ago. Getting old! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Catman and LibraSun…

I know just enough to get me in trouble!

2 Likes

That’s the best fun to be had :slight_smile:
C

I haven’t installed the latest…should I wait?

@rigpapa, we were having an issue with music not resuming after TTS.

Are you using TTS through the Alexa TTS plugin with the Sonos as an Alexa device, or using the Sonos plugin direct TTS action?

Sonos plugin direct TTS

Ok dumb question, which folder holds the sonos_chime.mp3 file? …sorry first time accessing vera this way.

Based on the following, it should go in the /www/ folder. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13232.30.html

So I found there is a search option in WinSCP and it was in /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/

I replaced the file but it didn’t work.

I did notice the file was labelled sonos_chime.mp3.lzo before I replaced it.

I tried renamining it with .lzo and it also didn’t work.

I have not yet updated to newest release.

OK. Development release again updated, now 20071-1405.

• Do not worry about the MP3 file. The plugin is going to blast away any and all old versions of it and pull a new version itself from Github directly.
  • This will not remove any existing devices, even erroneous ones. Delete them manually.
  • The Sonos Beam, PlayBase and similar products are causing considerable heart-ache with their architecture in the network fabric–satellites respond to discovery but do not otherwise operate normally in some cases, which gives the plugin heartburn. So this update is primarily focused on trying to get the plugin to not tie itself in knots, which is pretty much what is happening to @Jaggz.

Please keep in mind I did not write this plugin, I’m just the current maintainer, so it does things in ways that are still not clear to me, I would not have chosen, and I am still learning. Some things it does are flat-out wrong, and I’m trying to correct them as I discover them (e.g. can’t retrieve the current bass level? The plugin doesn’t differentiate between what the device may or may not support, and the device suddenly being offline, so it must be a comm error, shut everything down). This is complicated by the fact that I only have an SL One and a very old ZP100, and it’s not reasonable for me to purchase the entire product line to ensure compatibility or try to figure out why a certain configuration isn’t working. It’s going to be all remote hands and eyes, so it’s going to be a long, slow process to figure this all out, and I will be triaging and pretty much dealing with one person, one problem, at a time. Thanks in advance for your participation and patience.

1 Like

Question about unneeded files taking up space…

Do these Sonos zip files belong in the Vera Current Files?
Sonos-Vera-develop.zip
Sonos-Vera-master.zip

Do any Zip files belong in the Vera Current Files?

Is this the correct code to remove the unneeded files?
os.execute(“rm /etc/cmh-ludl/ (put filename to remove here).zip”)
Thanks

You surmise correctly. At no point were you instructed to copy a .zip file onto Vera, nor should you ever do so. Only wastes space!

Gotcha!
I will delete them…
Sometimes when I try to drag a drop files as instructed they dont show up unless I click Upload then hunt for them by file name where they were downloaded to.
If not carefull to have the zip files extracted to a seperate folder I MESS UP!
:slight_smile: