Introducing Homewave: A User-Friendly Remote Control App

If you are not on your home Wifi, HomeWave cannot rediscover the serial number and IP address automatically; you’ll have to fill them in manually. If you are still on the go, log in at http://www.micasaverde.com to obtain your unit’s serial nr. and IP.

MiOS uses two servers, and I noticed that not always the same server is active. HomeWave sometimes takes a while to pick up the switch (this is fixed in the next version), so fill in the right details again and give it a minute or so to connect. If it’s still broken, let me know!

Hi intveltr
Thanks for getting back to me
I’ve removed IP and serial no. Closed app added back in the serial no and IP but the app still fails to connect.

Should I removed the username and password and re enter.
Thanks

Yes, please try re-entering the username and password for MiOS. Is it connecting correctly on WiFi?

I’m away from home at the moment so not able to check on local wifi.

I’ve removed all the connection settings and re-entered.

The red cloud symbol stays on but does appear to connect as none the data updates.

No idea why it would fail to connect, especially if the website and other apps still work. Please mail me at homewave@intvelt.com if the problem persists, and perhaps we can diagnose the problem further.

Which version of the firmware are you on?

I have the same ‘problem’. Local is fine, remote won’t connect. Not really an issue for me but might help bugtracking.

looks like this may be a more general problem. Someone else has reported a similar issue with Automator.app. I am seeing the same issue with Automator.app on my iphone not connecting remotely
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12639.0.html

That’s a relief, sort of :slight_smile:

Mine was fine half an hour ago, but now it is failing for me as well. I’ve run the program through the debugger and see the following:

• connecting to sta1.mios.com to find the Vera’s active MiOS server. Times out (the response actually does come in later)
  • since sta1 failed, it connects to the last known IP address and times out (naturally, when on 3G)
  • tries fwd1.mios.com and times out
  • tried fwd2.mios.com and times out

I’ve sent the data request command to both fwd1 and fwd2 manually (from the browser), and both time out or return without any data. Looks like there’s an issue at MiOS.

Would you consider exposing primary and secondary server/port settings in future versions so we are not relying on the mios servers with a router port forward in place.

Thanks

Great idea, adding it to the list

How do I delete saved screens entirely?

After some experimenting, I have ended up with some unwanted screens on the save/load list and I can’t see how to get rid of them.

Thanks for any guidance!

AKB

That is not (yet) possible from within the app. To delete files from Dropbox, log in on their website and delete the files in the Apps folder. To delete files from your phone, connect it to iTunes, go to the Apps tab and scroll down, you can access the files belonging to HomeWave there

[quote=“Gjones, post:69, topic:172030”]Would you consider exposing primary and secondary server/port settings in future versions so we are not relying on the mios servers with a router port forward in place.

Thanks[/quote]

+1

That would make things much more reliable

This is looking good. Some questions. Can one build a display to see the status of a whole room at once? Lights, doors, motion?

The answer is yes. I figured it out.

How about working with a DSC alarm system, arm, disarm ect.

Yes again, I can see all my sensors.

Only problems:

1. Does not seem to work with my 2Gig thermostat and wants to convert to metric.
  2. My alarm arm/disarm scenes do not work. (All other scenes work)
  1. Go to the phone’s Settings app, scroll down to the HomeWave icon: there you can access the app’s system settings. There is an option to select Fahrenheit (No conversion takes place, only the unit changes)

2. That’s odd; HomeWave doesn’t do anything with the contents of a scene, and runs all scenes in the same way. How do these scenes fail?

• The scene does not run at all on Vera, or
  • The scene runs but the ring on the button in HomeWave remains grey.
    The latter is due to a deficiency in the way HomeWave handles job confirmations (i.e. it doesn’t…) Will be fixed in a future release.

[quote=“intveltr, post:75, topic:172030”]1) Go to the phone’s Settings app, scroll down to the HomeWave icon: there you can access the app’s system settings. There is an option to select Fahrenheit (No conversion takes place, only the unit changes)

1. That’s odd; HomeWave doesn’t do anything with the contents of a scene, and runs all scenes in the same way. How do these scenes fail?
  • The scene does not run at all on Vera, or
  • The scene runs but the ring on the button in HomeWave remains grey.
    The latter is due to a deficiency in the way HomeWave handles job confirmations (i.e. it doesn’t…) Will be fixed in a future release.[/quote]

Thank you for the temperature setting, I missed it in the app because for some reason it had also changed in my other app and in the MIOS interface.

I was going to update my previous post, I reinstalled the scene buttons and they started working perfectly. I got created with the scene as these two buttons arm and disarm my alarm. I set them up so the button that was active (arm if disarmed and disarmed if armed) had a green circle. It changed just as planned with the one but not the other. Not sure why it only worked only one. I made sure every setting was the same for both except color.

Other then that I find this app fantastic. I can create a page showing all my lights, a page with all power, one with my entire alarm sensors and so on. maybe some way to dynamically adjust text size would help.

Does choosing any color, (red on vs red alarm) have any affect on things at all?

Feature request: iCloud automated syncing. For some reason it keeps crating more versions of the backup file in dropbox and I have to go in and delete the old one.

Any plans for a Droid version?

Vague plans only at the time, though the new display code added for the iPad version should make it easier to accommodate different Android screen sizes. My main problem at the moment is time :slight_smile:

Wauw! Great app!

Enjoying the App so far.

I can’t seem to get it to see my Nest Thermostat? When I try to add it, it only displays the grey list of rooms bot no selection for my thermostat? Should it support the Nest?