Introducing Homewave: A User-Friendly Remote Control App

It doesn’t support the Nest yet (only the current private beta version does, sort of)

Ok thanks… Let us know when it does. I’d be glad to help to test it.

I just wanted to update this thread since posting in it months ago. Yesterday, I took some time to play with the newest version of HomeWave, and as a result, it’s become my iOS Vera app of choice. Nice job. I had also gifted it to my wife several months ago & never installed it on her iPhone… well, yesterday, I did. She gives it the thumbs-up.

Nice to hear :slight_smile:

Thanks for adding Nest! Works great.

Bought the app but shouldn’t have. It doesn’t support the virtual switch of which our system uses quite many to simplify the gui for the users. :cry:

The current version does support the “Virtual ON/OFF Switches” plugin as well as the combination switch.

The upcoming version has a different way of examining devices and will support a much wider range of devices and plugins. What kind of virtual switches are you using? I’ll check and make sure the next version supports them.

The “Virtual ON/OFF Switches”

These are supported!

When you add an On /Off control in HomeWave (in edit mode, select an empty square and click (+), then select the On/Off switch control type), all your switches should appear in the list, including the virtual ones. If they don’t, would you mind sending me your configuration dump? (visit http://a.b.c.d:3480/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=json where a.b.c.d is the IP address of your Vera).

Appears to be user error. I don’t ever remember having problems setting up my virtual switches (AWAY MODE and GUEST MODE).

Inveltr, is there a way to do sub-menus? I’d like to have “rooms” > “office” and then have my room controls.

Also, great work on a kick-butt app. This is by far the best one for iOS.

Sorry, my mistake. It Works fine.

Is it not possible to handle multiple Vera’s ? I have one at home and one in my Beach house.

[quote=“ColdCowboy, post:91, topic:172030”]Inveltr, is there a way to do sub-menus? I’d like to have “rooms” > “office” and then have my room controls.

Also, great work on a kick-butt app. This is by far the best one for iOS.[/quote]

Planned for the release after the next, but I am not sure yet how to implement.

You can set up HomeWave for your home, save that configuration, then start over and configure/save for your beach house. You can then simply load the config for the place you wish to control.

A future version will support controlling multiple Veras in a single configuration.

The best thing I like about the new revision is the sliders. I don’t have any unsupported hardware, so I’m not too worried about that. I did read in the release notes that devices (dimmers? others?) now support power usage, though, and it interests me. Can I use that with any old dimmer or switch, like my Monster Illuminessence (Vizia RF, not +) stuff?

Not a gripe: I’m still using default colors & backgrounds. I’d love to customize it, but the app works great as it is. SO much faster than iVera since an early revision. The few times I’ve added backgrounds & things, it washes the buttons out, so I’d have to then start tweaking button colors… I ain’t got time fo dat… :stuck_out_tongue:

If those switches and dimmers report power usage, you’ll be able to display it in HomeWave on the controls

Works great. By far the best app for Vera available on IOS!!

Hi

Can you please add the ability to turn off the report of power usage on Thermostats. Both in the control and sensor reporting applications.

Thanks
Greg

Open the properties for the device and turn off “Show power use”, that will remove the power consumption thing

That option doesn’t exist for the thermostats that I have linked to. I have linked to a Trane thermostat.