Invitation to VeraMobile iOS Beta

It would help to see the value of, for example, a temperature sensor not only the name of the sensor on the Apple watch. Otherwise the app on the phone is very fast and I have not noticed any major bugs.

[quote=“sebby, post:20, topic:200213”][quote=“jssea, post:17, topic:200213”]Hi, since the update of the IOS app I cannot connect to my Vera. I saw other reviews on the app store mentioning the same problem.
Is it a known issue?[/quote]

I am having the same issue. i can connect to only one of my two Veras with the app. the other always throws an error.[/quote]

Despite being utterly pointless and a waste of dev resources (imo - how about fixing the phone app first - eg show a connecting to Vera animation so DFU’s like my wife dont try to activate stuff before the app can respond to commands), I tried the watch app and it wont connect to my vera Plus either.

[quote=“dJOS, post:22, topic:200213”][quote=“sebby, post:20, topic:200213”][quote=“jssea, post:17, topic:200213”]Hi, since the update of the IOS app I cannot connect to my Vera. I saw other reviews on the app store mentioning the same problem.

I am having the same issue. i can connect to only one of my two Veras with the app. the other always throws an error.[/quote]

Despite being utterly pointless and a waste of dev resources (imo - how about fixing the phone app first - eg show a connecting to Vera animation so DFU’s like my wife dont try to activate stuff before the app can respond to commands), I tried the watch app and it wont connect to my vera Plus either.[/quote]

Second that, for the second time :stuck_out_tongue: . Theres a desperate need for a simple connecting sign/animation

I’m interested in knowing why it takes so long anyway!

C

[quote=“Catman, post:24, topic:200213”]I’m interested in knowing why it takes so long anyway!

C[/quote]

Yeah me too, it’s just ridiculous!

[quote=“dJOS, post:22, topic:200213”][quote=“sebby, post:20, topic:200213”][quote=“jssea, post:17, topic:200213”]Hi, since the update of the IOS app I cannot connect to my Vera. I saw other reviews on the app store mentioning the same problem.

Despite being utterly pointless and a waste of dev resources (imo - how about fixing the phone app first - eg show a connecting to Vera animation so DFU’s like my wife dont try to activate stuff before the app can respond to commands), I tried the watch app and it wont connect to my vera Plus either.[/quote]

Guys, a few words here.

The connectivity issue some of you have been having with your Vera unit is NOT because of the mobile app itself. More than that, our iOS team have pushed 3 hotfixes in the last two weeks alone. Ver. 3.20 right on 31st of December, and 3.21 on 2nd of January and 3.22 today.

All these issues have NOT been caused by the mobile app, although the app was affected, but because of special characters with some encodings, up to non web-safe symbols found in user_data. This will be better implemented at a controller level with the upcoming firmwares.

Instead the mobile team just hot fixed the app for each of these corner cases, in an effort of having a minimum impact on the users. It takes about two days for a new build to be approved by Apple, and no one stood on their hands, not even on holidays.

As the release notes say, the efforts were concentrated on improvement and stabilization rather than looks and feels. And this is vouched by many of the existing installs bases for which the app is blazing fast and stable. It’s redundant to improve any visual aspects since UI8 is around the corner.

The latest available VeraMobile 3.22 pushed today should fix many of the connectivity related issues some of you have. If it doesn’t please log a ticket with our Customer Care team so we can look this up.

A tradeoff for this hotfix is that although connectivity issues should be fixed, some language encodings with special characters might not resolve correctly. This will be addressed later.

Thank you.

I have updated my IOS today to version 3.22.
After the update I can’t see any character in the APP , all is symbols .

I’m on 3.22 FWIW and my characters are fine: iPhone 7 iOS 12.1.2.

Geofencing still doesn’t work all the time.

C

Hi Sorin,

I’de love to be on the UI8 beta test team. Feel free to PM or email me if/when you solicit beta testers.

Cheers,
Bruce

When the ?special characters? will be fix? Whay the tradeoff was made at first place?
Later is not acceptable, please give a date.
Until that ?minor? bug will be fixed, i cant use my smart house.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,120326.0.html