iOS 10 Compatibility/New Features?

I’m thinking about updating my 6S to iOS 10 Beta 1. However, I wanted to know if anybody has already done so and checked if HomeWave works with it.

Also, intveltr, can you comment on what new features you are thinking about implementing for iOS10? Siri integration would be nice :slight_smile:

I am not yet on iOS10, so I can’t comment on whether or not HomeWave works with it.

Definitely looking at taking advantage of Siri integration!

I installed iOS 10 Beta 1 tonight. Everything seems to be working ok, except the notification widget doesn’t render completely.

A screenshot of how the today widget looks like is attached. It used to be two rows of 4 icons in iOS 9. As you can see the ecobee app has the same problem. We’ll see if it gets fixed in future iOS 10 betas, or if it’s something app developers need to implement.

Also, I have not tested HomeWave’s push notifications because I don’t use them.

iOS 10 Beta 2 fixes the issue described above :slight_smile:

Sadly Siri integration is off the table. Apple has only released a couple of narrowly defined intents in 6 or so areas of interest, such as ride-sharing, content search, messaging and payments. Home Automation is not amongst them, and given the current existing integration with HomeKit and their stance on HomeKit interoperability or Siri integration for 3rd party music streaming services, I very much doubt that they will ever allow any HA frameworks other than HomeKit to plug into Siri.

Just read your reply about Siri. That’s a bummer :frowning:

On another iOS 10 feature. Do you have a plan to start using 3D Touch in the app? Maybe quick access to certain scenes or pages in the app from the application’s icon.

Yes, I’m thinking about 3D touch :slight_smile: Quick access from the app’s icon is a nice improvement. If anyone has other ideas for this, let me know.

I’m still rather busy with other things at the moment. I do hope to publish a new release soon, with a few fixes, improvements to connectivity, and hopefully Weaved support for OpenLuup.

3D touch scene access from the icon would be nice.

You might also consider 3D touch “groups” for devices/scenes - i.e. 3D touch on a thermostat brings up defined temperature settings. 3D touch on a light brings up predefined settings: on, off, on 30%, etc. 3D touch on a “scene group” allows you to choose between different but related scenes without each requiring a separate icon.