IRIS to Vera Plus - setup, issues and current state

100% for Security Alarm System, no automation at this time. I hope this helps more IRIS users.

So I recently converted from IRIS Lowes Security which we had for four yrs.
Started with IRIS Version 1 and upgraded to Version 2 when it was available. Now that IRIS is shutting down I had to do something and VERA showed to be the most promising.

IRIS V1 devices; Expectations were they would NOT work so I ordered new devices to replace them.
Keypad - mine would not function after Feb 1 2019, so I threw it away.

Door/Window Sensors - I DID get them to register but they show up as a Generic IO device and I can’t get them to do anything. Always says waiting for device configurations.

Motion Sensor - I DID get them to register but they show up as a Generic IO device and I can’t get them to do anything. Always says waiting for device configurations.

NYCE Garage Door Tilt Sensor - I DID get this to register, it shows battery level but always shows “Can’t Detect Device”, and it does not show open/closed when door is operated.
2GIG Glass-break Sensor - I DID get this to register and it goes on/off “Can’t Detect Device”. Push the button and it detects then later is offline.

IRIS V2 devices; Expectations were they “should work” but VERA tech support would not confirm.
KeyPad - I was able to get them to register by using the Centralite device setup.

Door/Window Sensors - I was able to get them to register by using the NYCE door/window device setup, they would not sync any other way.

Motion Sensor - I was able to get them to register by using the NYCE Motion device setup, they would not sync any other way.

VERA Plus - controller
Setup was straight forward and I had only one issues which I found the answer to here. The setup page stalled on updating, had to do over again.
Centralite ZigBee 3-Series Security Keypad - Setup with no issues.
GoControl Z-Wave Thermostat - Setup with no issues.
Philio Door / Window Sensor, Z-Wave Plus - Setup with no issues. I do not like the size of the sensor and the sticky back tape is not holding up.
VistaCam 700 - Indoor HD Wi-Fi Camera - Setup with no issues.
Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door Window Temperature Sensor - these were a pain to begin with, could not get them to sync. Finally they synced by using the NYCE door/window device setup. They all showed less then 10% battery life right out of the box. I bought new batteries and they went to 12% battery, not good so far.
Ecolink Zwave Plus Network Security Siren - Setup with no issues, there are FOUR different siren sounds. none of them are great but they work. Two are annoying buzz type, two are beep type.

Now more onto how the system needs to be setup.
I did setup all my Sensors by room or House. At first nothing really worked, this took a while searching the interwebz and trial/error.

You have to create MODES/SCENES for everything.

Key pads - BOTH the IRIS V2 and new Centralite work with only two differences. 1) they do not sound off when door open/close or when the alarm is triggered (had to buy a siren, see above). 2) they work differently IRIS v2 keypad you type in your PIN # first then press home/away, Centralite press home/away then enter PIN#

Setup MODES is pretty easy and very similar to IRIS
Setup SCENES is a work in progress.
Door Chimes (to get back the same user experience) - Add all the sensors, add the actions (siren # on then delay 2sec siren #off), pick when it should be active - this is working great
Alarm! - Add all the sensors, add the actions(siren # on no delay off as i want it to be on till I turn off the alarm), pick when it should be active. - this is not working how I want, well it’s working how I have it setup. Here’s the problem the siren does not turn off, when I enter my PIN # and select HOME. I have to manually go to the device and turn it off. More researh neaded for this to work correctly.

I did add a camera and HVAC controller but have only set them up in a basic setting, since that’s new to me and the alarm function was more critical.

VERA iOS APP (we don’t have any android phones, so can’t comment)
Both my wife and I have different user ID’s and PIN #'s - all is working great.

VERA - local http site
This is better then the iOS app for setup, scenes and more detail into the system.

Fellow Iris-to-Vera refugee here! I had just taken it for granted that any first-gen Iris devices that were covered by the Lowe’s redemption program wouldn’t work anywhere else. Thanks for describing your earnest efforts to pair them with Vera.

I was able to get the Iris V2 door/window sensor 3320-L to pair to Vera as a Centralite 3 Series Door Sensor (3300-G).

For the security setup I got a Dome siren and Centralite keypad. It’s mostly working the way I want, except Vera appears to be treating every keypad code entry as a trigger for a security notification. I kind of find that annoying and wish I could turn that off or at least just alert on incorrect code entry.

I got the Iris-bundled Radio Thermostat CT-101 added just fine as the CT-100. Vera’s thermostat user interface is a real disappointment, though, and I really miss Iris’ 7-day schedule UI with separate heat and cool setpoints for different times of the day. I’ve been trying to get Vera scenes to mimic what I had Iris doing but the results have run hot and cold. :slight_smile:

So after many months now, my setup is not working as intended, I have not called support for help since I don’t know where to start the conversation.

Most of my IRIS devices don’t work in one way or another, and reporting is a mess. Anywhere from instant (what we all want) to 20-30min later, how’s that gonna work for an alarm.

Many of the door sensors don’t report at all for siren or alarm. Funny in the app, you can clearly see the door open/close but reporting of that doesn’t so no alarm or notification.

Centralite ZigBee 3-Series Security Keypad - Works great with no issues.
GoControl Z-Wave Thermostat - Works great with no issues.
Philio Door / Window Sensor, Z-Wave Plus - Reports fast but always reports an alarm, no matter what scene I’m on so always getting an alarm notification.
VistaCam 700 - Indoor HD Wi-Fi Camera - Reports motion erratically and the audio sounds like a alien is at the door all the time.
Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door Window Temperature Sensor - Still showing wrong battery life and they have the longest delay for reporting open/closed 20-30min at times.
Ecolink Zwave Plus Network Security Siren - Works great when the sensors report.
The NYCE garage tilt sensor does not work at all, always shows disconnected and does not show open/closed.
The IRIS keypad always says disconnected, but you can still use it. Still doesn’t have the “beep” tones for door open/close.
The 2Gig glassbreak always says disconnected, but you can push the test button and it reports.

I may try to rebuild/restart the entire system and setup from scratch. There have been a few updates to the FW and code over the months and each time the system does something “new and different”.

some devices will show up ans generic I/O will need manual configuration so it it registers there is a possibility that it could work after manual configuration I am going to get some of these devices and test them

Not being a “coder” I have no idea how to do a manual config or write any type of script for this system.

OK so after many attempts I could not get a bunch of the sensors to work properly and have given up and moved over to a SmartThing hub and we’ll see how that plays out.

NICE tilt sensor never did anything
Visonic MCT-340-E’s were inconsistent from delayed triggers, no connection and wrong battery life

Then the system just pretty much stopped working all together, no idea why maybe a software update of some sort and constant text/app alerts from sensors that were turned off, I’ve given up… Crazy because at first it really all worked pretty well, and I didn’t mess with it till issues came up, oh well…