iTachWifi Plugin Created (for UI7)

@airdale

Sorry for my delay…

I already insert my itach ip address, but vera don’t show “device type” option, only shows “autoconfigure” and “lastupdate” variables…

I need to see what is reported back when you browse to a specific URL on your iTach.

Please browse to this URL, but replace the IP in my example with the IP of your iTach: http://192.168.6.123/api/v1/connectors

[{“address”:“irports/1”,“configuration”:“connectors/1”,“type”:“IRBlaster”}]

Perfect - that is what I was looking to see. I typically don’t configure mine to have just an IR blaster, but I went and reconfigured one just to test it out and verified my plugin works as expected.

So… I am now wondering if there is a dependency that your system does not contain.

Utilize this URL (replace the IP with your Vera IP):

http://192.168.6.2/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

In another browser window reload your Vera: Settings → Zwave Settings → Advanced Tab → Reload Engine

Look in the logs for any lines that are red and start with 01. If you find some copy and paste them so I can take a look.

I found some red lines…

01 10/30/15 17:44:18.292 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup device 93 function lug_startup took 5 seconds <0x2b668680>
01 10/30/15 17:44:18.292 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 93 function lug_startup failed [string “…”]:27: attempt to index global ‘iTach’ (a nil value) <0x2b668680>
01 10/30/15 17:44:18.293 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 93 I_iTachWifi.xml failed <0x2b668680>

Hi,

01 10/30/15 17:44:18.292 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup device 93 function lug_startup took 5 seconds <0x2b668680> 01 10/30/15 17:44:18.292 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 93 function lug_startup failed [string "..."]:27: attempt to index global 'iTach' (a nil value) <0x2b668680> 01 10/30/15 17:44:18.293 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 93 I_iTachWifi.xml failed <0x2b668680>

The plugin is failing because the value that is assigned to “iTach” variable is null. Plugin need to be updated to consider this use case.

All the Best,

• Andrei -

It technically is failing because that value can’t be populated. This is typically an issue if the import of The JSON parser isn’t working and then the returned data can’t be parsed to populate that variable. I need to add in something to check for the import of the JSON parser.

This shouldn’t be an issue though on UI7 as the parser is included automatically, so I am somewhat stumped as to why this is happening.

I had also thought that this plugin would work with WF2IR based on the title. Well, I dug in and modified it to also work with my IP2IR, which should be the same as the WF2IR and it has been working great this past week. I also added in some error checking and messaging for end users.

Anyhow, I PM’d Airedale on Sunday to see if he didn’t mind that I post the files here but I haven’t heard back and then noticed that he hasn’t been on the forum in months. I guess my next step is to pull out his code and publish it for the older iTach devices only.

If anyone knows how to reach him outside of the board, please do.

I own two iTach’s, IP2IR and WF2IR, but they are not “Flex”. As far as I understand his plugin was meant for the Flex product.

Example:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-iTach-Wi-Fi-Flex-WF/dp/B00C6FFM4Q]http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-iTach-Wi-Fi-Flex-WF/dp/B00C6FFM4Q[/url]

VS

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-WF2IR-iTach-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051BU418]http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-WF2IR-iTach-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051BU418[/url]

Indeed. I thought I was clear that I was initially mistaken. Then, I modified the code for this plugin to work with my IP2IR (in addition to the Flex) and it’s working great.

I would love to be able to use my iTach WF2IR with the Vera so I could shut down the openremote server I use now. Anyone got any way to make this talk?

As far as I know WF2IR uses the same TCP approach as the IP2IR (which I have working on a modified version of this plugin). I was really hoping airedale would log in and comment on my modifications to his plugin. Since he hasn’t, I’ll work on publishing my own plugin that should work with IP2IR and WF2IR. Have to decide on a name… Maybe name it the “Global Cache likes planned obsolescence” plugin (yes, they could have updated the firmware on the IP2IR and WF2IR to use REST and then airedale’s plugin would work).

Mine won’t contain any of his code, so it won’t work with Flex, which I think is a shame as there is obviously a lot of room for code reuse. Currently looking at adding one more feature. PM if you want to beta test.

Very nice Will!

I’m looking forward to use some basic functionality out of it.

As far as I know WF2IR uses the same TCP approach as the IP2IR (which I have working on a modified version of this plugin). I was really hoping airedale would log in and comment on my modifications to his plugin. Since he hasn’t, I’ll work on publishing my own plugin that should work with IP2IR and WF2IR. Have to decide on a name… Maybe name it the “Global Cache likes planned obsolescence” plugin (yes, they could have updated the firmware on the IP2IR and WF2IR to use REST and then airedale’s plugin would work).

Mine won’t contain any of his code, so it won’t work with Flex, which I think is a shame as there is obviously a lot of room for code reuse. Currently looking at adding one more feature. PM if you want to beta test.[/quote]

How’s this looking? about ready to finally upgrade to UI7 and this would be one of my last hurdles.

Pretty good, just a few cleanup items remain.

Which model do you have IP2IR or WF2IR?

I have the WF2IR. I thought you were asking one of the other guys posting above.

Sorry… l have the WF2IR

[quote author=tomgru link=topic=32420.msg281197#msg281197 date=1462561500]

Mine won’t contain any of his code, so it won’t work with Flex, which I think is a shame as there is obviously a lot of room for code reuse. Currently looking at adding one more feature. PM if you want to beta test.[/quote]

any update. I have wf2ir and would be happy to beta if needed

Any word on this?

+1.
Will?