License for PLEG and PLTS Plugins (Starting April 1, 2014)

I should add, in the status window after a restart, it shows that I have exceeded my license level on the first Vera.

Using PLEG 5.1 and Vera Alerts 3.0 don’t see register tab on either. Will they be enabled. Would like to register Richard.
Thanks

I will submit instructions for this within the week.

I highly appriciate the work every active forum member, and Richard is one of the most active ones!

I have no problem paying for a good product, however I have some concerns in this case:

• I would like to know before I start using if I have to pay.
  • when someone is not active on this forum, he has no option but to pay after 1 april
  • what infromation is send from my vera to check te licences? where can we find the privacy policies?
  • Can this technique be used mallware or spyware in vera, a new security issue?
  • Should we get suspicious for every app we installed, that we need to pay on a later moment?

My suggestion would be to create a pro, paid version (including licence agreement and pricay policy.} up to you to support/update the current free version…
UI6 support could be a good agument to buy a pro version.

in comparison to M$
I can use a ‘free’ oem windows7 edition, can install a free mssql express, get patches for these.
If I want to use those in a profesional way I have to buy bigger products.
As long as I do not upgrade or increase my need I can keep using it forever (with out support)

I there is a pro version of pleg there is a good change I buy it if I use it more than the current single application.

No, because some plugins have been released under an open source licence, so not only do you have access to the source code, but you are expressly allowed to copy and modify it. (And in the case of my plugins, that open source licence is GPL, so you?and more importantly MCV?are expressly forbidden from withdrawing the source from public access.)

To get back on topic: Congratulations to Richard for trailblazing another unexplored Vera minefield: paid software. I’m watching this social experiment with much interest.

My sentiments exactly. This is going to be interesting once user’s PLEGs stop working and they start coming to the forum.

To be honest I don’t see the difference between having 6 x PLEG with 10 conditions in each - or 1 with 60 … obviously this makes a difference now with license thing …

Right now I’m just padding myself on the shoulder for choosing only 1 PLEG with tons of conditions … sorry for you guys making the other choice.

/Martin

I understand others thoughts here but for me I am happy to have made my purchases of the licence. The token cost of the plugin is excellent value for the improvements it has made to my system and time it has saved me.

Thank you Richard. :slight_smile:

Honestly I don’t understand why anyone would be worked up about this AT ALL. Personally I would have donated a lot more to RTS than the $11 I just paid for 2 licenses. If anything I think he should be asking more.

Without PLEG Vera is a fancy remote control for most people. Thanks to the PL plugins Vera is now able to be on the heels of the big dogs.

I think I speak for a lot of us that we are all cool with the current pricing. :wink:

i got my two licenses and have now started futzing with PLEG and the new UI on a veralite I have at the vacation house.

(now I’m mixing topics)

It really nuts that we are all going through this firmware upgrade for a security update, only for the plugin developers to have to go round this ride again with UI7.

Functionally, there is nothing in UI6 that warrants the amount of work everyone has had to do.

I really believe that the Vera folks need to put a 5 or 6 sentence note to all of us that tells us what their plan is for the next 6-12months. To me it isn’t right that we all work so hard to wring out the value of our money and time to see it washed away in an “upgrade”

sorry… I had to get that out

Finally, If there is someone out there automating their home (buying devices that cost from $50 and even hundreds each, tying in Somfy blinds that cost thousands, integrating Sonos systems that cost many many hundreds of dollars, whole house alarm systems, etc, etc, etc) and he can’t pay $6 for a license to make all this stuff behave so nicely, well heck; I’ll buy one for that poor guy.

Your last paragraph couldn’t have said it better. Don’t like it don’t buy it. No one on this forum can’t afford 6 bucks. If you can’t you need to re-evaluate your situation. Give the guy a break and pay him for what most of us couldn’t do.

Cheers Richard, I sincerely hope you enjoy your well deserved beer.

It’s been a fun ride from the beginning, every time I thought that PLEG could go no further, you would pull a rabbit out of a hat!
When I first started on Vera, I had started to script with LUA, luckily for me it was also the beginning of PLEG, PLC and PLTS.
I have followed your development from the beginning and it appears there is no limit as to what one can do, in reality, it’s much more than I could possibly dream of or indeed use.

Well done.

I have to do some more work for Vera 2 devices to recognize the license … I will get that done this week.

I have no issue with paying either, just got my license. Will you start offering support via your website so you can verify that those submitting support questions are licensed users or continue via forum?

The license is displayed in the Status report.
I can’t do much without seeing the status report … so I will know who is a licensed user.

Richard

I bought two licences today. I have two Veras. One worked, no problem. The other one reported registration failed and something about a 44 day trial period. The one that failed is running a backup of my other Vera. Is there something in the connection between serial number and licence number that could be a problem?

/Sigge

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

There is a bug communicating a license that has a + character in it between the browser and Vera.
I have a fix pending audit. Look for this to be fixed in version 6.3. If it still has a problem … Email me your email with the license
and I will have a new license generated that does not have a + character in it.

Some folks have been having problems with getting their license accepted.
There were two problems:

1. Vera 2 users
  2. Users that received a license, but it had a + (Plus) character in it.

I have a release pending to fix both of these problems. Version 6.3. It’s been in MCV audit for a couple of days.

Bought the licenses… actually bought more than I need. Glad to have an easy way to give my support to the development of these plug-ins.

My license had a + sign in it and registered just fine. My PLEG and PLTS are version 6.2, but PLC is 6.3, so I assume that’s the one that matters.

Richard, thanks for all of the work you do around here. It really makes the Vera system an enjoyable system to learn.
I will gladly pay you for all of the licenses I use in the future. Is there a way to get two licenses for my systems at home and at my rental that I use for testing purposes for our products.
Q. For future installs, I would like to know what to charge for installs we do that need special automation needing your plug in.
Q. Are you planning on charging for any of your other plug ins in the near future?
Thanks for the info.