Make a sentence containing trigger times

I’d like to have a short summary of peoples wherabouts on my living room panel, "person X left home at " & when the ishome reactor went FALSE in readable time.

I can use the multistring app (for lack of a better alternative) to display this, if someone can guide me to the expression syntax for this?

I think this will give you something to play with:

Theory of operation:

At the moment, you can’t directly get the modified time of a state variable, so we can’t pluck the time when GroupStatus_grpcyhjmza changes directly. So, xxx_lasthome stores the “previous” value of xxx_ishome. Then, xxx_ishome is the group status containing the geofence condition, grabbed using the getstate() function. The xxx_changetime variable uses an if() expression to return the current time if last home state and current home state are different (i.e. state has changed); otherwise it returns its own previous value (no change).

Finally, xxx_text builds the readable text.

The Expressions page in the wiki documents the functions used (and has links to docs for other expression info related to the underlying library, LuaXP).

Thanks!

I know i could probably figure it out through documentation, but with limited experience in LUA, or what reactor offers in terms of variables, it would take some effort. A map of the variable structure would mabye make it easier, but until im more familiar with it, I think its better to ask for the “correct” approach from people who know it rather than spend hours on a less efficient solution. :wink: (Call me lazy, its OK)

Ha ha I’ve been looking for something like this to enhance what I can do with the geofencing since you helped me get this working a few months back! I made a sensor that reports “connor is home” and shows tripped or untripped that I use a a condition in a lot of scenes, but I kinda like the way you’re doing it better. I always get so may more ideas every time I visit this board!

So, it works, but the multistring plugin won’t take it:

Any suggestions to how to show this in imperihome?

Edit: this happened when I used the “change device state” in activities, i just realized i can do it usin LUA code in the activity instead…

Didn’t find out why reactor sent {PerHome_Text} and not the contents of it, so i left it for a few days, and now suddenly it works as intended. :slight_smile: Did you fix something @rigpapa, or did it just need a luup reload?

No updates from me! I’m not even near code at the moment.