MiOS/eZLO - CES 2019

I’m a little surprised that I haven’t seen any mention of CES from Vera on this forum. Why do we hear about their offerings from a user who happens upon it rather than from the company we support and develop plugins for? When do they plan on offering UI8 for our plugin developers? :-\

They are new products, it’s not some kind of rebranding of a third-party controller. We now have the resources and people and laboratories to research new hardware, new ideas, new and innovative devices for features that are not even on the market.

This is not a startup business that “might” fail. Those are not just concepts - Keep in mind that MIOS and Vera have been around for the last 15 years. We are among the founding fathers of many things home automation and IoT. We’ve closely imprinted our knowledge and continue to implement solutions for many big players in the market. These are just a few: https://mios.com/industries/

I totally agree with you toward the available information we’re giving you guys. This is going to change. This is not intended. I always vouched for openness towards our users. We need to be predictable and trustworthy and Melih wants the same. It’s not often when an entrepreneur and CEO of a multi-billion consortium is involved first hand in direct communication with its customers.

I feel that both Vera and Ezlo are focused on the OEM market. The purchase by Ezlo might mean Vera is even more OEM focused.

Which isn’t the worst thing ever - it just means we, the users on this forum, aren’t really driving development. Hopefully our interests align with the OEMs and potential OEMs.

Agreed. I also made this prediction after hearing Melih speak (write) for a couple of weeks. The hope would be that the OEMs understand that end users (and developer/end-users) like us drive their market as well. There will surely be a number of indifferent/ignorant/tone-deaf OEMs, but hopefully the platform runs on a wide enough variety of hardware that I can choose the one that still lets me customize to the degree I do now, because that’s what it takes to hold my interest in this platform. Or, I can vote with my feet. If they make choices that erode the user base that they are touting as the proof of their engineering prowess and predicter of their future viability, they’re gonna have a bad time.

I do have very hard feelings bout this whole situation. Biggest taskforce but no force to tell what when etc.

Indeed. Support tickets un-answered. Not clear direction. It’s a bit up in the air :frowning:

C

If you vote with your feet, I would like to know where. There is no shortage of offering on the market but the customization part you speak of is what is lacking.

The situation over the last few months made me re-think my Vera commitment and I have already jumped to a another platform and I am actually enjoying it much more than Vera. I do however still come here to see what will happen with Vera. It was my first foray into HA and I stil have my empty edge controller.

They are new products, it’s not some kind of rebranding of a third-party controller. We now have the resources and people and laboratories to research new hardware, new ideas, new and innovative devices for features that are not even on the market.

This is not a startup business that “might” fail. Those are not just concepts - Keep in mind that MIOS and Vera have been around for the last 15 years. We are among the founding fathers of many things home automation and IoT. We’ve closely imprinted our knowledge and continue to implement solutions for many big players in the market. These are just a few: https://mios.com/industries/

I totally agree with you toward the available information we’re giving you guys. This is going to change. This is not intended. I always vouched for openness towards our users. We need to be predictable and trustworthy and Melih wants the same. It’s not often when an entrepreneur and CEO of a multi-billion consortium is involved first hand in direct communication with its customers.[/quote]

I wasn’t talking about these new products introduced at CES. I never would expect to see something new there and be able to immediately find it commercially available. I was referring to the eZLO Atom and eZLO PlugHub, the two products shown at the time of the acquisition of Mios. Those products shown as the only two products of eZLO on their web site were no where to be found in August. Now in January they’re still no where to be found. That’s what has me concerned this is all a smoke and mirrors act; that after a good deal of research trying to find any of the acquiring company’s products out in the wild they still don’t appear to be shipping or for order. That doesn’t give one a great deal of confidence that they will actually be able to successfully launch even an upgrade of Vera. My hope is that this concern is unfounded and that despite eZLO previously never actually delivering on any of their products (as far as I was able to tell; and I looked quite hard), that they will be able to deliver on an improved Vera. The longer this process goes, with no tangible signs of progress, the harder it is to hold on to this hope.

Now that exo400 was presented at ces can we get more info ? It seems Linux based with WiFi and Ethernet. But Zwave 700 chip ? CPU and memory embedded ? Targeted compatibility list ? Eased migration from Vera ? Other protocols ? Battery mode ?

and what I read is that the elzo stuff including the exo400 is cloud based. Not many of us are interested in that.

Cheers Rene.

@Reneboer

[quote=“melih, post:406, topic:199656”][quote=“ranneman, post:405, topic:199656”][quote=“melih, post:392, topic:199656”]Engine and firmware are completely re-written from scratch.
Cloud is re-written from scratch with microservices in mind.

Of course all this will take time and transition period will be required.[/quote]

Melih, a question often asked before but never clearly answered: will the new solution operate cloud independent? Meaning that all remains working without internet connection?[/quote]

Yes. There will be other hardware cloud dependent. But we will keep cloud independent hardware as well.[/quote]

Earlier Melih mentioned hat there will be cloud independent hardware. Asking further on that topic he didn’t reply anymore. Where did you get your information on the solution being cloud dependent? (I’ am afraid that this might indeed be the case).

Hi ranneman,

The products on the ezlo web site are cloud based and the exo400 seems to be a similar device. The local devices I saw Melih refer to are the current Vera’s. Having said this, the article linked below (in French) shows the 300 branded Vera as well as Ezlo. So I may be wrong. Without off-line support it will be end of line for me.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:34, topic:200362”]Hi ranneman,

The products on the ezlo web site are cloud based and the exo400 seems to be a similar device. The local devices I saw Melih refer to are the current Vera’s. Having said this, the article linked below (in French) shows the 300 branded Vera as well as Ezlo. So I may be wrong. Without off-line support it will be end of line for me.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

I would say CLOE
CLoud Only = End

[quote=“Sender, post:35, topic:200362”][quote=“reneboer, post:34, topic:200362”]Hi ranneman,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

I would say CLOE
CLoud Only = End[/quote]

Indeed. What does the cloud add to these solutions? I personally can’t see anything that can’t be done locally with a LAMP stack or equivalent.
C

Yeah, no local api, end of the journey for me as well.

Same here. This is a rule I apply to all my IoT devices, and for the hub it is especially important.

[quote=“Catman, post:36, topic:200362”]Indeed. What does the cloud add to these solutions? …
C[/quote]

Monthly Recurring Revenue
|-<:)

Exactly, i don’t want my house on the cloud, that would be a definite change of platform for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk