MiOS/eZLO - CES 2019

MiOS will demonstrate their new Vera products including VistaCam 1200 Doorbell Camera with Amazon Echo Show, VeraEasyStart Support Service and UI8.

I don’t see MiOS or Vera on the CES 2019 Exhibitor’s list. Do you have a booth location? I assume it’s inside the Z-Wave Alliance booth, as it has been in the past. I was surprised not to see it listed.

I found them under z-wave alliance.

They showed the 1200 can last year and promised a release shortly after, but never happened. Hopefully they will change that this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Would not hold my breath but still am curious about what they will be announcing. In my mind the top priority should be to::

1. Develop a bug fixed and more stable LuaUPNP program (aka Luup engine) addressing random luup reloads and zwave command stacks. (UI8?)
  2. Firmware to enable offline/cloud independent mode
  3. Look at some more up to date hardware maybe moving CPU to ARM64 and some more memory and more reliable flash.
  4. Catching up to competition with features and integrations. At this point more integration which I think the vera already has a lot of, on a buggy base is just going to collapse.

The other option is the could be located at their parent companies booth: EZLO Innovation booth - https://ces19.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=T0000966

anyone know where we can find news about vera at ces?

Sorin has been remarkably quiet…hope all is well?

Well, the new parent eZLO is listed in the Z-Wave Alliance Pavillion, which is where Mios would be as well:

https://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave-ces-2019/

eZLO Inc. is introducing a new AI audio and video processing unit, new Exo 300 and Exo400 Linux-based control hubs, and the Omni 100 with Z-Wave 700-series technology.

No one in attendance? In the past we have had someone stop by their booth and take pics. I have attended two CEDIAs, but never CES…

Vera has a small presence in the Z-Wave Alliance booth at the Sands. Vera is now owned by Ezlo, which also owns Fortrezz. I was told several things from several different people at the booth:

• a major upgrade (UI8) is due in March 2019.
  • a new, smaller one-protocol controller is due soon. It’s the small white box in the photo.
  • integration with Google Home is thisclose

Strangely, the Vera Secure, VeraEdge, and VeraPlus were on display, but no one really wanted to talk about them much. I was steered toward the small box, with no real demonstration of what it can do.

Less than two months away. Get ready for a fire drill, fellow plugin developers. I would have hoped we’d be seeing pre-releases at less than T-60 days.

I am bracing and excited at the same time…

I am worried…

^^^
A mysterious white box…the imagination runs rampant…just need the smoke & mirrors to complete the scene…

There appears to be three variations of the small white box: exo300 and exo400, and a plug-in module, the Omni 200. I was surprised that when I asked what’s next for Vera, there wasn’t a positive, reassuring answer. Instead, I was pointed toward the exo300. Maybe the sales people just don’t know what’s in Vera’s future.

Elsewhere in the Z-Wave Alliance booth, there are new sensors, switches, and sirens in the pipeline, including an outdoor siren. When I asked if they were compatible with Vera, two separate vendors sort of smirked and said, basically, “No, Vera is very interested in adding these items, but they’re busy rebuilding, getting their platform right.”

not much info…

https://z-wavealliance.org/ezlo-inc-will-be-showcasing-their-latest-z-wave-home-automation-devices-in-the-z-wave-pavilion-in-sands-booth-41917-at-ces-2019-in-las-vegas-nevada/

Thanks for the pics Lonestar. While not encouraging to hear I can’t change platforms anyhow so I’ll be sticking it out with Vera for a while.

On a side note, has anyone bought ezlo? If it’s so cheap and great I’m kind of surprised no one mentioned buying one. They all talk about other platforms and open source.

Not even sure where to get it or if it is a US product, I suppose I could look it up though.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

[quote=“tomtcom, post:17, topic:200362”]Thanks for the pics Lonestar. While not encouraging to hear I can’t change platforms anyhow so I’ll be sticking it out with Vera for a while.

On a side note, has anyone bought ezlo? If it’s so cheap and great I’m kind of surprised no one mentioned buying one. They all talk about other platforms and open source.

Not even sure where to get it or if it is a US product, I suppose I could look it up though.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I tried looking for either of their products when they bought Vera, but neither product seemed to be actually available anywhere. Even now, when I just tried again to find either of their two supposedly existing products, I can find no reseller carrying them, no way to order them from ezlo, nothing about how to become a distributor, etc. It looks like one of many products that have been put out as concept devices over the years that never make it to an end stage commercially available/viable product. That has had me very worried about the lack of information and lack of any visible progress with Vera. One would have thought there would have been a beta release of the new UI or something. It’s easy to hide a lack of progress behind a claim that a company is putting all its efforts behind a major rewrite, all the while actually accomplishing nothing, and just using that false hope to string customers along. I hope that is not what is going on here.

Did anyone happen to see the Vista 1200 doorbell Camera? It was the one product I was waiting for from Vera to purchase.

Here are the brochures for Vera and Ezlo.