My VP is seing my Aeon Labs MULTISENSOR as a smoke sensor

Hi everyone,

I don’t exactly know “when it happened” but this morning, I noticed that my VP is now seing my Aeon Labs 4in1 multisensor as a smoke sensor…
4 other functions (move, light, tpt and humidity) are working great but… of course, if I smoke (well, I don’t) under the sensor, nothing will happen.
So, anyone else facing this behaviour ?

Sounds like it reconfigured itself stupidly wrong. If the child devices work fine, I would recommend to:

1. Disable auto configuration to prevent this nonsense from happening again.
  2. Manually configure that one device by changing the device json and xml to the device it should be. I suppose it is a 6 in 1 sensor so that smoke sensor was probably a vibration sensor which the vera did not know what to do with. Best guess for me would be to make it a glass break sensor-- D_MotionSensor1.xml and D_GlassBreakSensorWithTamper.json but I could be wrong.
    If it is a 4 in 1 then it sounds like you are having a ghost child device (check if the id_parent is different from 1). If such is the case then you can probably safely delete that ghost device.

Hello Rafale,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late one.

Yes, this is a 4 in 1 sensor. The ID parent is différent from 1 so I’ll try to delate this ghost device.

I’ll let you know as soon as i’ll find a little time to operate.

Thanks again

David