Mysterious Time Zone Change??

Anyone Else time zone setting mysteriously change? Mine went to GMT-11:00 Midway Island Samoa
I noticed the country, state and city unchanged and correct.
I had to change the zone back to the correct time zone and it said it was saved.

Nope, still correct.

Cheers Rene

Hmmm? Checked today and it is correct. Weird, very weird.

Yes. I think that explains why a bunch of scheduled things stopped working recently.

Edit: I reset it, and overnight, it’s reset to GMT-11:00 again.

Yes, I had the same issue and I think the same time zone yours was set to. I’m eastern time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Mine is doing this exact same thing also. In fact, it keeps going to GMT-11:00 Midway Island Samoa, I change it to Central Time (US and Canada), but it somehow keeps switching back to GMT-11:00 Midway Island Samoa. It saves properly, I even tried restarting the unit after it saved back to Central Time.

This has happened now once or twice a day for the past couple of days now.

What in the world is going on?!?!

I had it again. I guess I’ll email Vera support.

I’m having the same problem, and it changes into the same timezone. It has changed twice in the last 5 days…

I don’t believe can do this on its own and that it is initiated by the mios servers. Mine (which has been disconnected from the servers for a few months now) has not seen this. There is no code I could find on the vera firmware which could be doing it,

…and it happened again. >:(

Now it’s been less then 12 hours since I changed the timezone back to the correct timezone.

Mine stayed on the correct time zone yesterday and into this morning. I just emailed tech support anyways to see if they know anything.

Same problem here. It started early Saturday morning. After going round and round with my scenes that seemed to be randomly running I noticed the timezone was set to keeps going to GMT-11:00 Midway Island Samoa. I reset to Central US and called it a day. Unfortunately my timezone has been resetting to GMT-11:00 Midway Island Samoa almost hourly. It might actually be hourly at the top of the hour. I just reset it at 11:36 A.M. Central US time so I’ll check again at noon.

Is mios relocating to Samoa?? ;D ;D ;D.

You should be seeing a luup reload when the time changes so you can know when it occurred if you tracked the luup reload time. I believe this time zone is the default timezone when you startup a new vera so it is possible it is somehow running part of a factory reset/first startup script. The fact that it seems to be all happening at the same time suggests either that it is caused by server or that some script inside the vera expired. I have for example see a script which updates time only until 2020. Let us know what support comes up with.

Update:
I just checked and mine is still on the correct time zone I saved last time.
I do remember I triple checked I changed it to make sure it took. Maybe Vera is not saving the change correctly. This still does not explain why it is changing in the first place?

Are any of you guys running the beta version of VeraMobile?
My troubles started the same evening I installed the beta, or at least it looks like it…

I am. Boy that’s interesting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Also running the beta version. I forget when I installed it, but the last update time might cooincide with when the fun began.

I am but I’ve been in the beta for awhile and didn’t have this happen before this weekend. I’ve been using Chrome on Android and requesting the desktop site so I can easily verify the time and (re)set the timezone. I’m not sure what is triggering the timezone change but I’ve had had to reset it twice since I first posted.

This is the reply I got. Does it make any sense? I don’t understand how a network reset would do any good when clearly I’m not the only one that this is happening too, and I haven’t made any changes to my network settings at all…I have not reset anything as of yet, but it did change to the wrong time zone again this afternoon. Frustrating…

FYI I’m on firmware 1.7.4001 and also running the beta mobile app.

Thank you for contacting Vera Support!

It might be possible that this behavior to be related to the LuaUPnP reloads. There on the unit is a script that check the unit connectivity with the router and for any reason it detects that the Vera controller loses its IP address even if it did not.

This matter has been reported to our Development Team and it should be addressed with the next firmware release, until then please perform a network reset on the unit and let the network settings unchanged.

To do this, from Dashboard, go to Settings > Net & Wi-fi > Reset to default network settings.

You can keep an eye on our Release Notes page that I?ve attached below in order to see when the next firmware will be released.

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

Please let me know if this matter still persists,

Thank you!

Update:

I just set it back to Central Time and saved it from my Chrome browser on my PC.

I then logged into the beta mobile app and literally watched the time zone change on the dashboard page to the wrong one.