Netatmo Wind Gauge

All, sadly, but they are easily changed and, indeed, you could set up a new app with its own client credentials for the purpose, so would not need to change the setup on your own system subsequently.

You should have a PM right now…

Lets just hope my issue is reproducible at your end.

In case you forgot, I’m stil on UI5 btw… But have ordered a VeraPlus so in a few months I will have UI7 to…

Can you give this a whirl and see if it fixes your child update problem with the wind gauge?

Sorry @akbooer did not get far with those files:

Netatmo : Lua error
Netatmo[228] : Lua Engine failed to start

Tried to download and add to Vera twice. No change.

Allso tried removing W from the ChildSensor property, still getting Lua error.

Then I went back to the lua files from the archive.zip and then I tried the new files once again.
Still no luck, only lua error. I noticed that even if I removed the W and when back to the archive luas the device tree and device list still show some wind related stuff. Maybe I have some old crap now disturbing my system?

Were you able to reproduce the issue by connecting to my station?

Really? Curious - it works for me. UI5, you say? I’ll try it on that.

Were you able to reproduce the issue by connecting to my station?

I’m not sure. The wind strength doesn’t seem to vary, so hard to tell?

It is easiest to see from the CO2 levels because they almost always change. You can login to my Netatmo account online to compare the values.

No fun trying to fix an issue you can not reproduce.

My (your) problem has specifically been with the wind gauge? Do you actually have that indoors at the moment?

No fun trying to fix an issue you can not reproduce.

No indeed.

Is the attached any better?

When I have the problem with data updates only the values for the Main indoor unit are updated, so no updates from additional indoor units, outdoor unit, rain or wind. I do have the wind unit outside at the moment but there is not much wind and I think there is allot of snow on the unit that might disturb it. According to the netatmo online site it veries between 0.3 and 0.6 but can stay at one of those values for up to 30min.

Is the attached any better?

Yes! No more lua error. But unfortunately I still do not get any data updates for other units only the Main one. So far I tried this without the Wind device in Vera. Adding it now.

@korttoma - sorry for slightly off topic question but can I ask where you purchased your wind gauge? I can not seem to find them for sale. Thanks !

@akbooer, if you cannot reproduce my issue using UI5 and connection to my station I think you should not spend any more time trying to fix this. The wind data is just not that important at the moment. Besides I will replace my Veralite UI5 with a VeraPlus the next 2-3 months anyway.

Thanks for your effort.

I will fix it, but as part of a major refactoring to make it easier to deploy though the App Store and add (even) more modules in future.

I notice with a degree of horror, that I started this in 2013. It has grown a bit ugly since then, with incremental changes and two Netatmo API updates, so it needs some work.

If you’re OK at the moment, then that’s good.

Thanks

Yes, I am OK and I have no problem with waiting for a major refactoring, even if it takes 6 months. No preasure from my side.

Thanks again for everything!

Just testing Version 4 and everything seems to work nicely.

One thing I noticed was that some of the variables available under the Wind device seems to show kph instead of m/s

MaxWindStr 23
GustStrength 11

23kph equals 6.388m/s ( this matches the 6.4 m/s highest wind gust recorded today )
11kph equals 3.05m/s ( this matches the current gust strength )

I’ll let you know if I notice anything else.

Shame on me. Can you try this?

No biggie, just thought I would mention it since I noticed it.

Can you try this?

That seems to fix it :wink:

MaxWindStr 6.4
GustStrength 1.7

BTW, I also love that you now have the latest files available on github maybe there would also be an idea ti have a development branch for files like the one you just had me test?

Now i can see the child devices under controll and “device tree”, but “only” the Wind Gauge - WindStr…is show under my devices.

1. Is it possible to display directions “more” from/in the device?
  2. Loaded all the icons from latest update and put it under /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/ - but “only” the Green Netatmo is showing.
    Do i need to change some values?

I’ll need a bit more information than that. What settings do you have in your main Netatmo devices configuration variables? What are you trying to achieve? By default, if you have specified ‘W’ as part of the ChildSensors variable value, then a WindStrength child device should be created. It should display WindAngle on the front panel but also have things like GustStrength, etc., as its own child variables. There should be a variable with a name something like WindGaugeChildren under the parent Netatmo device to which you can add the names of other wind variables you want as additional child devices.

1. Is it possible to display directions "more" from/in the device?

I don’t quite understand the question - was this answered in any way in the above?

2. Loaded all the icons from latest update and put it under /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/ - but "only" the Green Netatmo is showing. Do i need to change some values?

What system are you running under? Have you refreshed your browser? Perhaps an image of how your devices look on the UI will help me understand your problem.

Can anyone summarize how to add support for the weather gauge? Ie - point to what files need to be uploaded and where they need to go (icons) for things to work?

What version are you running? The las test from the App Store should do it.