New 7.0.27 firmware available

Your Luup engine is freezing or is getting itself into a luup reload luup… Support should be looking at your user_data.json file which may have gotten corrupted. Do you have a backup from prior to 3/25 to use?

side note: Funny someone called himself rafaelPUP…

Edit: ok backup from before you had problems then…

Son of Rafa? :flushed:

@rafale77 ok support looked at unit, it is now wiped clean and has 1.7.4000 on it. Here is what they have said:

After we restore the backup, the controller goes bad shortly and we cannot restore it from that state, there seems to be some sort of misconfigured device that blocks the engine of the unit, also the unit is in a bad shape on Z-wave too due to the transfer you’ve done in the past.
IDs reach extremely high numbers and the z-wave network is crashing alongside the Engine of the unit.

Seems like the underlying system is still fragile - it had been working ok for 6+mo, I changed nothing except maybe updated. What do you think i should do next?

The zwave id numbering (actual zwave radio enumeration) is not a problem. I have gone from 1-232 and back twice on my network and did not have any problem with it. The misconfigured device is very possible but as I have been preaching is in big part inherent to the vera firmware’s auto configuration feature which tries it to automate the device configuration too hard and is often failing. If I were you, I would look for that one device they tell you and be very careful when adding it, since you seem to have to start from scratch. it is either failing or you will have to configure it manually. The zwave mesh is not that fragile. Devices can be buggy and the vera handling of it is definitely error prone. Note that you may also have some bad nand flash on your vera causing data corruption. I discussed this at length in the “vera flash thread” as well and have recommended extrooting the units.

Thanks, usually this is a secondary controller to my ISY994i and I use a modified version of the ISY plug lua code to bring across the insteon devices.

What i don’t understand is why there is no debugging code or logs that let support tell me what is the failing devices / too many devices…

I also added a USB drive for logs this morning, i note support left verbose logging --off?

–edit–
i see you mention the extroot thread, i will blowed if i can find that with vera forum search

–edit2–
never mind, i didn’t notice the ‘search this thread cechk mark’ found it