New Evolve LCD1 Plugin

@AgileHumor,

OK, I will look into this bug and I will try to get a patch out as quickly as possible. Thanks for the log. It does include important information that I can use to pinpoint the problem.

Gengen

I excluded and included the device and it fixed the problem.

All good for me :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on this anywhere. Does the LCD1 support direct associations to lights (i saw the answer re: thermostats)?

thanks.

@tomgru,

Direct associations will be supported in the next major version.

Working on it.

Gengen

Attached is a new version (0.81) of the Evolve LCD1 LUA code which should fix the bug which AgileHumor reported earlier today. Please install this file using “Apps” → “Develop Apps” → “Luup Files” and click on “Restsrt LUA”.
Please try removing your device and re-installing it.

If this works, I will update the version in the Mios app store.

Best Regards,

Gengen

I’m still getting the same error.

My Vera is restarting often. It appears to happen after the Evolve Unit stops updating (updates start failing).

50 03/28/14 8:17:15.935 luup_log:558: Evolve LCD1: job SetConfigurationOption(SetButtonType) status after 9.5 seconds: 0: <0x2f327680>
02 03/28/14 8:17:16.101 ZWaveJobHandler::SetDeviceStatus XXX2 1/1/0/0 <0x2b927680>
50 03/28/14 8:17:16.187 luup_log:558: Evolve LCD1: job SetConfigurationOption(SetButtonType) status after 9.75 seconds: 0: <0x2f327680>
50 03/28/14 8:17:16.438 luup_log:558: Evolve LCD1: job SetConfigurationOption(SetButtonType) status after 10 seconds: 0: <0x2f327680>
50 03/28/14 8:17:16.439 luup_log:558: Evolve LCD1: WaitForJob: Job 263:SetConfigurationOption(SetButtonType) failed. err_num=0 err_msg= job_num=263 arguments={JobID=263} <0x2f327680>
08 03/28/14 8:17:16.439 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 1 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1 action: SendData <0x2f327680>

This causes too much for the Vera to handle and it reboots a few times an hour.

Also, I have firmware 0.39. What level are you using?

@agilehumor,

I’m looking at this problem and should have a solution shortly. Do youhave more than 1 LCD1?

Just the one for now.

This is using your latest lua patch 0.81.

I have an LCD1 running 00.00.31, and I’ve applied the latest LUA patch. I can see the controller in the UI5 GUI, and I can apply changes to the display via UI5.

No scenes, however, ever get activated when I press the buttons.

Any ideas? Could I have missed a step?

Thank you, everyone, for any suggestions.

Gengen… any reason this wont work with the newer version?
http://thesmartesthouse.com/products/copy-of-z-wave-lcd-controller-5-button-table-lcd-screen

They will, the round buttons are the latest version. Same guts as I understand it, but don’t have one to be sure.

@hlacos,

Did you create the scenes using the “set” buttons in the LCD1 control panel? (On and Off buttons in toggle mode) Internal scene numbers have changed sin the pre-0.8 version and I suggest using the new auto-scene creation method. Once a scene is created, its actions can be edited using either the normal UI5 scene editor or the set/on/off buttons.

If that doesn’t work, try reconfiguring the LCD1 using the “reconfigure now” button in the settings tab. This triggers the driver to reassociate all of the buttons with Vera so that they can be detected.

Please to not create any options in the options tab that do not already have documentation nor create any manual associations. The driver takes care of this for you. I also removed documentation from some of the options that are already handled by the driver and can be controlled much more easily from the Screens tab. You can go ahead and modify the documented options to your preference such as the “rotate 180 degrees” option that allows you to mount the LCD1 up-side-down on the wall with the buttons on the left.

I also suggest requesting Evolve for a firmware upgrade to 0.39 but I doubt that this is your problem.

@tomgru,

AgileHumor is correct. My understanding from talking with the Evolve people is that the new round button LCD1’s behave exactly the same way as the older rectangular button models. They are running the latest 0.39 firmware and there is no way to tell them apart in software, including how many buttons they have.

[size=14pt]Please vote!
[/size]

I updated and added a few option to the poll at the top of this thread. You can vote for more than one item. Of course, if you have other ideas or wish-lists, please post them in this thread also.

Hello

I was looking for the plug in but it is not at mi casa verde apps site.

How can I get it?

@escabrun

It’s there in apps.mios.com. You can also install it from the apps tab → install apps, search for “Evolve”. You will find it right away.

[quote=“gengen, post:64, topic:176384”]@tomgru,

Direct associations will be supported in the next major version.

Working on it.

Gengen[/quote]

One more related question. Still a bit of a newbie, but my understanding is that you need direct associations to be able to dim lights (e.g. lamp modules). so that’s not possible with the current version, unless you do it some how in scenes?

@tomgru,

It’s easy to set a dimmer to a specific level between 0 and 100%. Indeed, the Exclusive mode in my LCD1 driver was created with this in mind. You can create a screen that sets a light (or group of lights) to 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% with the 5 buttons.

What’s more difficult is setting the ramp rate. Do you want your lights to come on instantly or come on slowly? Unfortunately, Vera’s default dimmer support does not give full control over dimming rate (despite UPnP functions that would seem to support it)

This is where my new LCD1 plug-in will come in. It will direct the LCD1 to send messages directly to your dimmer. The message includes parameters both for dimming level as well as dimming duration.

I basically have this working already, but there are a few bugs to fix.

Happy Mother’s Day!

Gengen

Hi Gengen,

We shard some DMs and I found the problem… it was IE, Firefox works fine. I’ll send you the logs when I can so we can try to fix this (IE is important to me). However, I’m running in to a different issue, the “compressed” text doesn’t seem to be working. The text box gets smaller in the browser and it preserves but there is no change in the display on the Evolve… have you seen this before? Any quick tips?

Thanks,

-Jasone