New Evolve LCD1 Plugin

thanks for the tip on upgrading the firmware - the Evolve guys are great!
Received the updated Evolve LCD1 a few days ago and it’s working wonderfully
Is there a way to set the backlight through a trigger? I have a scene capable light switch where the evolve is, perhaps when I turn that light on the backlight on the LCD1 goes on?

Interesting idea. Indeed, you can change the backlight and the key lights independently and you can even vary their intensity by setting configuration parameters. Turning this into something that can be put into a scene is a bit more involved but doable. I’m still trying to get out the new version in my copious spare time (not) and I think that this will have to wait.

Thanks for the idea though.

Gengen.

I just got one of the Evolve LCDs and I really like the form factor… using your plug-in has really helped getting it set up, I’m looking forward to the update.

Is there no way to set the screen via trigger right now? I see the information regarding the bugs above but wondering if there is a work around until you release the next version?

Thanks and great work!

Gengen… with your contacts at Evolve, have you seen anything on their dual gang controller. A search on the internet returns very little … one place in florida “selling” it for $595 :cry:

Seems that this will not work along with a standard dual gang setup. Curious as to what others have done.

@tomgru,

I wish they would sell the LCD-2’s. I really had good use for them but they refuse to sell them on the retail market. I agree that they can keep their LCD-2 for $595 if it’s just a slightly different bezel. Evolve does most of their business with the hospitality (hotel) market. I would suggest contacting them and requesting that they sell all of their products through the retail market at a reasonable price.
I notice in their latest website that they have a slightly different models now with round buttons and possibly only 3 or 2 buttons. All of this available for your new hotel! :slight_smile:

@Jasonjc,
Patience: Hopefully by St. Patty’s day. I’m actually working on it as I’m writing this.

Hi good sir,

I’ve been using the plugin for a while, and although i can set labels and trigger scenes, i am not able to change the mode to toggle. Even if i put the 1 in the options tab of the device. Let me know what can i do to troubleshoot this behavior since i really need to change this to toggle mode.

Other than that, thanks for the effort, i know it takes a lot of work to put all this together and doing it for us is something i really appreciate.

Thanks,

DM

@dmorar. This should work in the current release. Try reconfiguring the device in the settings tab to ensure that all config parameters are pushed to the device.

@dmorar

Another thought. Is the highlighting in the display toggling each time you press the button? If so, then the configuration option is working and you need to set up your scenes correctly. Scene 6 is deactivate for scene 1. Scene 7 for scene 2, etc.

All of this will be much more straight-forward in the new version which will be out soon.

Hi GenGen,

Thank you for answering. After trying so much, i decided to start from fresh. Before, the backlight wasnt toggling by itself, it was like if vera was not able to set up the toggle. I don’t want to rush you or to ask too much of you, but just to be curious when do you think the next version will be online?.

Thanks again for this great effort.

DM

I’m happy to report that after many long months of work, I’ve finally submitted version 0.8 of the Evolve LCD1 plug-in to the MIOS app store. It should be available in the next day or so.

The new version makes creating scenes and multiple screens much easier. Here are some sample screen-shots from the new plug-in. Creating new scenes has never been easier. You can go directly into the scene editor from the screen configuration page. No more messing with triggers or scene IDs.

The new plugin has been tested both with the production 1.5.622 as well as the new 1.6 firmware.

More documentation can be found at [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_evolve-lcd1]http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_evolve-lcd1[/url]

Enjoy and please post feedback in this thread.

Gengen

So excited! Look forward to get getting published in the app store :slight_smile:

This looks just awesome! I just wish the controllers were a bit cheaper! :slight_smile:

Gengen, I see in the docs that it will support their other switches. Any news on if you’ll be able to buy them, price not withstanding?

This may not be the best place for this question, but how dificult is it to install the LCD-1 device? I’m thinking of picking up at least 3 of these for my home (one per floor) but the install instructions are pretty scant. Do I wire it up the same way I wire up a light switch?

I was going to suggest to get them from SmartHome.com given that they are having a 20% off sale but all they did was raise the price of the Evolve from $199 to $220 - not really a sale, eh
I had managed to find a coupon when I had ordered a month or two ago, my total was $175
I love the unit

[quote=“macrho, post:54, topic:176384”]I was going to suggest to get them from SmartHome.com given that they are having a 20% off sale but all they did was raise the price of the Evolve from $199 to $220 - not really a sale, eh
I had managed to find a coupon when I had ordered a month or two ago, my total was $175
I love the unit[/quote]

I saw that sale and went to the site specifically for the Evolves. Pretty sleazy.

I got most of my units from Worthington Distribution/ASIHome. I would suggest checking them out. Call them and ask about volume discounts.

Installation is easy. They come with a transformer which converts 120VAC to the lower voltage that they need. Note that the LCD1 is only a controller and not a switch. You might have room to also install an Aeotec microswitch behind it although I have not tried. The tabletop models simply plug into the wall.

the Aeotec micro switch fits behind them just fine in a standard gang… very easy to install especially with this app. The only real issue I have is now having to replace 5 Leviton Scene controllers with these…

Thanks for all the work on this!

This would be cool to hook up: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24219.msg166796.html#msg166796

Now that there are nested menus, find my phone – very cool!

Nice idea and certainly doable with the Evolve LCD1. I’m not sure whether the sosumi API can be easily translated to Lua and thus avoiding a separate web server. Vera is, of course, its own web server but it doesn’t run php. That said, everything is a SMOP. (Small matter of programming.)

In any case, I’m still working on even more improvements to the driver which should hopefully be ready before Mother’s (wife’s) day which will make scene changes faster enable features of your existing dimmers that you never thought possible.

Cheers

Gengen

I’m getting the error “Evolve LCD1 Controller[556] : Startup Lua Failed”

0 03/26/14 0:42:29.357 luup_log:556: Evolve LCD1: Connecting Device 461(ZWave node 96) to peer device 556 LEAK this:294912 start:4825088 to 0x289f000 <0x2b97d680>
01 03/26/14 0:42:29.463 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 556 function init failed [string “-- Lua Support for Evolve LCD1 Controller V…”]:685: attempt to perform arithmetic on global ‘Screen’ (a nil value) <0x2b97d680>
01 03/26/14 0:42:29.463 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 556 I_EvolveLCD1.xml failed <0x2b97d680>