New Plugin: Switchboard -- Virtual Switches Re-imagined

Brilliant, cheers!

At the request of a user outside of the forums, the current stable branch version of Switchboard now has an option to create virtual window covering devices. This could be coordinated with existing scenes/Lua/etc. that directly drive a device but are otherwise not fully implemented with a plugin.

Not sure if this has been reported before but if you click on Create New Virtual Device without choosing a device type the error message is in German:

Ja, das stimmt! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 1.5 is now released. This version just fixes a bug in the ā€œmotor simulatorā€ for window coverings that would cause a 0 ramp rate to not correctly disable the simulator.

When using Tristate device with the impulse option, it resets to Off. Is there a way I can change the reset to be Void state please? Thanks.

Iā€™ve noticed a weird behavior lately where my switches wonā€™t hold their state or they arenā€™t actually getting the state set when I click on them. I think I had a previous version of Switchboard before it was an approved app so I deleted it all and then installed from the app store. I created two test binary switches. When I turn them ON the UI changes but when I look at the Target and State variables they still say 0. After a few minutes the UI changes back to showing them as OFF.

And if this is a Vera issue (which Iā€™m leaning towards) Iā€™m starting to get frustrated that I canā€™t rely on it anymore.

Any time the UI is performing inconsistently with the state of devices, you need to do a hard-refresh on your browser.

By the way, are you on 7.30? Iā€™m noticing that UI/controller sync is much more fragile on 7.30.

Nope still on 7.29 with my VeraPlus. Iā€™ve done all kinds of hard refreshes (ctrl+shift+r with firefox) and it doesnā€™t seem to help. I could almost forgive the UI being wrong if Vera still saw the switch as being correct behind the scenes.

Be aware that Advanced > Variables doesnā€™t show the current state of the variable. Useful, huh? Go and hit the ā€œEditā€ button, and it will show you the actual current value of the variable. Try that and see what you get.

So I turned the switch on, checked the Variables. Like you said they showed 0 but when looking under ā€œEditā€ they showed 1. But after a few minutes (~4-5) with no interaction, it turned back off. I did it twice to make sure what I was seeing. These are newly created and arenā€™t tied to any actions in any scenes/sensors/etc. I tried it a third time and maybe now itā€™s sticking?? I dunnoā€¦

I hate to keep chalking things up to working remotely on Vera. But maybe thatā€™s it. Sometimes I just have more downtime in my day at work then I do when I get home so I try to tweak things every now and then.

I think something has been going on with remote access today. My controller currently shows offline, but I can access it via vpn. It also lost a bunch of changes earlier or wouldnā€™t apply updated settings.

Did you accidently turn the device timer on? The Switchboard virtual switches have a timer that will turn them back to off automatically when it expires. Thatā€™s indicated by this icon image in the Switchboard control panel line for the device when the timer is set, or image when no timer is set on the deviceā€¦

Hereā€™s one without, one withā€¦

Nope, I donā€™t have any of the timers set. I wish it was was easy haha

Yeah, so maybe remote access. When you get home, play around and see what luck you have with local. Let me know.

Still acting funky from home. Is there a way to completely remove all the switchboard files in case something isnā€™t getting written properly if I did an uninstall/reinstall?

Yes, but before you do, check space on the box. Do you know how to SSH into your system?

Been a while since Iā€™ve done it. Once I get in, what should I be looking for?

Edit: yes I can reach via ssh no problem

Edit 2: hereā€™s my space on the Vera

Just to confirm for sure, so the following in SSH session:

cd /etc/cmh-ludl
df -kh .