New Plugin: Switchboard -- Virtual Switches Re-imagined

Just downloaded this to a Vera to use in testing, and discovered that the urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1 / ToggleState action is not implemented…

…would be really nice if it could be!

ToggleState is, for me, a fundamental property of a switch (but maybe I’m odd in that?)

1 Like

It is implemented. The UI uses it. Make sure you are on the stable branch release.

1 Like

…Downloaded from Vera App Store

Version 1.3 is now available in the AltAppStore, and should be available tomorrow in the Vera App Marketplace. This version is a release of the Github stable branch that users have long had to install manually. It brings together all of the new features, including an improved UI for creating and managing devices, virtual dimmers, and enhanced toggle behavior for tri-state switches.

Yes indeed. Just for the record, I had downloaded the wrong version from the AltAppStore and the whole plugin was broken! Sorry!!

You could not have known, coming into it new. I have been sitting on the stable branch for too long; it’s published now.

The other problem I foresee is that the AltAppStore configuration is set up to install the openLuup file set. I don’t know if the AltAppStore can have a config (e.g. different list of folders and/or filters) for when the install is on Vera or openLuup, but that would be a “nice to have”.

Perfect! It works fine now. Thank you very much!

I updated from marketplace this morning and formatting issue was still there so I did a clean install from marketplace after deleting all associated devices and uninstalling market app that I installed yesterday. I also manually deleted all switchboard and BinaryLight files from cmh-ludl . Formatting issue was fixed but now I had a clean slate with no switches. I then reverted back and when thru the steps you provided yesterday to get on market app version while preserving existing switches which brought back my 40 switches but formatting issue was back.

Did you do hard browser refreshes and Luup reloads all along the way? You’d be surprised what gets cached.

Ok, found that the BinaryLight files came back when I reverted. I deleted them and formatting is now normal with text gone. On marketplace version 1.3

I did notice that I am now getting a reactor error on purge / reload.

ERROR:Module not found:port_3480

But Started 8 of 8 seems normal .

I am not sure if it has to do with the backups and restorations I had done while troubleshooting SwitchBoard.

I am remote right now. Will revisit once I am home and it it persists I will take it up in the Reactor thread.

Thanks

OK, I’m not clear on what you’re saying here. Can you describe this in more detail? Steps to reproduce?

From Reactors main console, doing a purge/reload yields the following error in a new browser window.

ERROR:Module not found:port_3480

Ah… yeah. Only works when you’re on local LAN access. As it is, that’s unlikely to be something you need to do. It’s principle job is to clear state data for running activities/scenes and reload Luup. It does not restart sensors (well, reloading Luup does, but the hard way–it’s not like Restart on an RS itself), and it does not purge RS-specific state, it only purges that particular data on the master device. Unless you’re using it as a shortcut to reload Luup, it’s probably not doing much for you.

Yep just a shortcut to reload luup. Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Switchboard virtual switch changed by Reactor action not updating on HA

Patrick,

Is there any way to tie in the virtual dimmer into a Leviton 4 button scene controller? I would like to use the dimming paddles to control the virtual dimmer but if I try to associate it with the virtual dimmer it seems only show all my physical light switches and the virtual dimmer device is not a choice.

You can only make associations between real Z-wave devices, because the association is executed at the network level. The dimming rockers on the Leviton scene controllers, to my recollection, are further complicated by using Leviton-proprietary messages as well. I’m not aware that anyone has been successful getting the rockers to be functional except in direct use with other same-generation Leviton devices.

I’ve just installed the plugin to see if the following was possible, but I must be missing something…

I have two Fibaro RGBWs as under cabinet lights and each module controls one side of the kitchen. They are always used as if they are a single light, so I created a new Virtual Dimmer and added two scenes; one ‘On’ scene that switches both RGBW parents to On, and one ‘Off’ scene. These work as expected, but if I alter the dim level of the virtual dimmer, they only go On at 100% or Off if I lower the dim level to 0%. Is it possible to have the dim level go up and down of the real devices when I alter it on the virtual dimmer?

Kind of figured so much. No problem with dimming Linear switches from the scene controller but needed to set up group and associations under device options.

I’m working on this as part of a bigger upgrade for virtual dimmers. Stay tuned.