Nodon soft remote in Vera (can't read LastSceneID variable)

Hello,

I am trying to implement the Nodon Soft Remote in Vera with all its 16 scenarios (4 buttons each having 4 way of pushing, although I belive that only 12 of these cases are independent from each other). I know that this problem is discussed multiple times in this forum and elsewhere. Also, there is a very well-written application note together with the Lua code to do this (please see here: [url=http://tinyurl.com/z85json]http://tinyurl.com/z85json[/url])

I try to explain My problem with this, as best as possible. In short, for any button press on Nodon scene controller, I get a variable sI_SceneActivated with the (fixed) value of 0. This explains why the application note suggests to create a scenario which is activated with scene number 0. There is also a variable called LastSceneID which is the main identifier of button number/pressing way. I have examined the scene controller and I almost get all the “10”, “11”, ''12", “13”, “20” etc. combinations when I check LastSceneID in Advanced tab of scene controller (Vera UI7).

However, when I try the Lua code:

local scenarioID = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverdecom:serviceId:SceneController1","LastSceneID", 9)
kwikLog("LastSceneID is " .. tostring(scenarioID))

it writes “LastSceneID is nil” in the kwikLog.txt file. I guess this means that the variable LastSceneID does not exists (although it is shown in the Advanced>Variables tab, and its value is correctly updated each time I push a button).

So, can someone please help me figure out this paradox? I have checked my S_SceneController1.xml file and it does not have many of the variables (including LastSceneID) listed in Advanced>Variables page.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I will be thankful if anyone having a related experience could share or comment about this. I can add more explanation if I knew that it is unclear.

Thanks a lot!

With my NoDon Soft Remote (Z-Wave version), I found it necessary to watch both the sl_CentralScene and sl_CentralSceneAttr parameters in order for all the buttons and push-types to be accounted for.

For this purpose, I setup a “truth table” of sorts within Reactor, and I’d be happy to share my findings with others who use this remote to trigger scenes in Vera.