Not receiving Vera device updates

I have the AutoVera Plugin installed on both my Primary and Secondary Veras in a Bridged environment. I have the Android APP installed on a number of devices but in this particular case I’m dealing with only two of them, a Galaxy S5 and a HTC VX

In the case of both Android devices I can toggle the state of a Virtual Switch on EITHER Vera, Primary or Secondary.

If I toggle the state of a VS on Vera Primary I get a Toast on the Galaxy but NOT the HTC.

If I toggle the state of a VS on Vera Secondary I DO NOT get a Toast on Either the Galaxy or the HTC

The AutoVera Plug In INSTALLED on the Primary Vera it reflects BOTH Android devices to receive updates
The AutoVera Plug In INSTALLED on the Secondary is MIRRORED on the Primary and reflects BOTH Android devices to receive updates
The AutoVera Plug In INSTALLED on the Secondary does not reflect EITHER Android device to receive updates.

[quote=“clippermiami, post:1, topic:182765”]I have the AutoVera Plugin installed on both my Primary and Secondary Veras in a Bridged environment. I have the Android APP installed on a number of devices but in this particular case I’m dealing with only two of them, a Galaxy S5 and a HTC VX

In the case of both Android devices I can toggle the state of a Virtual Switch on EITHER Vera, Primary or Secondary.

If I toggle the state of a VS on Vera Primary I get a Toast on the Galaxy but NOT the HTC.

If I toggle the state of a VS on Vera Secondary I DO NOT get a Toast on Either the Galaxy or the HTC

The AutoVera Plug In INSTALLED on the Primary Vera it reflects BOTH Android devices to receive updates
The AutoVera Plug In INSTALLED on the Secondary is MIRRORED on the Primary and reflects BOTH Android devices to receive updates
The AutoVera Plug In INSTALLED on the Secondary does not reflect EITHER Android device to receive updates.[/quote]

Further to this, what I am attempting to do in this particular case is to set up an Android phone to send an SMS when the Internet link is down. Obviously when that link is down none of the normal reporting mechanisms such as Pushover, Vera alert, etc., will work.

So what I’ve done is to set up two Ping Sensors on the Secondary Vera that monitor a) the Local Gateway b) and the Uplink Router. These are handled in a PLEG so that if BOTH are responding then it sets a VS “Internet Avail” to ON and if EITHER of them is unresponsive then it sets the VS to OFF.

Tasker has UP/DOWN Profiles running to monitor the state of the VS using AutoVera. When AutoVera receives the updated status of the VS “Internet Avail” the appropriate Profile triggers a Task to send the corresponding SMS to my phone.

What I’m finding is that the AutoVera shows the VS as three possible devices: Virtual Switch, Power Switch and Combo Switch — only Power Switch has the option to select Status.

So I’ve used it as a "Power Switch, selected “Status” and set the Variable to “1” if the switch is ON and “0” if the switch is OFF.

This ought to work but because I’m not getting any updates to the AutoVera from the Secondary Vera it doesn’t.

I’ve tried using the “mirrored” VS "Internet Avail on the Primary Vera but it does not make ANY “Service” information available at all so that is out.

[20140902 - Since my earlier posting the AutoVera Plugin on the Secondary Vera now DOES show the Android Device as enrolled to receive update but it doesn’t]

{Bumped}

I have the same kind of problems. Did you find any solution for it.

Well, not really, its just started working at some point and now seems to be fine.Both Plugins register the Android devices, all the Androids get updated and function as intended. Another mystery :slight_smile:

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules