Onkyo Receiver Plugin

thanks. let me get set up and get back to you.

So I am almost done coding to support the full features of onkyo receivers. I have open sourced my code on code.mios.com.

Looking to fully support avtransport in version 2.0.

Hoping garret can get a little device support in the app authomationhd. Wondering if there is anything else I can do to help to make it easier to code? I will even try to make receiver variable names standard. At least between denon and onkyo plugin.

I just became alpha tester and the input selection widget doesn’t send anything. Not sure how to set the logs in the app to see what’s wrong.

Thanks for the great app garret.

[quote=“jullio, post:62, topic:178032”]So I am almost done coding to support the full features of onkyo receivers. I have open sourced my code on code.mios.com.

Hoping garret can get a little device support in the app authomationhd. Wondering if there is anything else I can do to help to make it easier to code? I will even try to make receiver variable names standard. At least between denon and onkyo plugin.

I just became alpha tester and the input selection widget doesn’t send anything. Not sure how to set the logs in the app to see what’s wrong.

Thanks for the great app garret.[/quote]

It is on my list of plugins to support. Right now I have higher priorities and plugin support has to wait. As for the input selection, I currently use Input1 - Input10.

Other suggestions, I advise that you change S_OnkyoAVTransport1.xml and S_OnkyoRenderingControl1.xml to S_AVTransport1.xml and S_RenderingControl1.xml. If other plugins that the user has installed uses these services, the plugins will conflict with each other and use the first file it finds that references this service. This can cause one plugin to not function properly while the other works fine. I also advise that you do not remove any of the variables or actions from these files due to conflicts and causing other plugins to cease to function correctly.

[quote=“garrettwp”][quote=“jullio, post:62, topic:178032”]So I am almost done coding to support the full features of onkyo receivers. I have open sourced my code on code.mios.com.

Thanks for the great app garret.[/quote]

It is on my list of plugins to support. Right now I have higher priorities and plugin support has to wait. As for the input selection, I currently use Input1 - Input10.

Other suggestions, I advise that you change S_OnkyoAVTransport1.xml and S_OnkyoRenderingControl1.xml to S_AVTransport1.xml and S_RenderingControl1.xml. If other plugins that the user has installed uses these services, the plugins will conflict with each other and use the first file it finds that references this service. This can cause one plugin to not function properly while the other works fine. I also advise that you do not remove any of the variables or actions from these files due to conflicts and causing other plugins to cease to function correctly.[/quote]

Thanks for the status. And the advice. I will make those changes. I made custom files for rendering control and avtransport because I was following the sonos plugin. But if that is wrong way then i will definetly change them.

Thanks again for all the work on the authomationhd app.

Jullio

There was a discussion on standardizing the AVTransport, MediaNavigation, RenderingControl, etc across the different plugins that need it. However, nothing was set in concrete. The issue lies on how to distribute the files. There would be conflicts on the apps which require them and include them in the app store. So one of the ideas is to package these files into it’s own app / distribution and have the user install them as a separate install from the plugin like yours, Sonos, Squeezebox, Russound, Yamaha, and so on.

Here is the thread:

A/V control: standardizing AVTransport and RenderingControl services

• Garrett

How might I install an older version? I have a TXNR905 and this new plugin doesn’t work with it, but the old version worked perfectly.
I saw the link to the files for 1.4 and I have uploaded them to the vera Lite, but I can’t figure out how to make the onkyo device show up after the manual upload of the files. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide!

WOuld this be compatible with the Onkyo TX-NR828 series?

[quote=“nottings”]How might I install an older version? I have a TXNR905 and this new plugin doesn’t work with it, but the old version worked perfectly.
I saw the link to the files for 1.4 and I have uploaded them to the vera Lite, but I can’t figure out how to make the onkyo device show up after the manual upload of the files. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide![/quote]

I have made a lot of bug fixes in version 1.9. It is in beta testing now. You can try testing version 1.9 when it comes out. I am trying to get past beta this week.

To answer your question you can create a new device manually by selecting apps > develop apps > create device. Put D_OnkyoReceiver1.xml in upnp device filename field and I_OnkyoReceiver1.xml in upon implementation filename field. Also put in receiver IP address. Then click create device.

I would like to see if you have any trouble after upgrading to 1.9 after I get it released. Hopefully by the start of next week.

Jullio

I am not sure. You can give it a try and I can definitely try to make it work for you.

Jullio

I am not sure. You can give it a try and I can definitely try to make it work for you.

Jullio[/quote]

i have an onkyo Receiver right now no rj45 or serial I will be upgrading soon, question can you set up scenes on this plugin with specific hdmi input

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Going to buy an 818 instead… is it possible to pick a certain playlist per application?
say pandora - nirvana channel?
or spotify custom playlist?

Jullio[/quote]

Yes you can pick any playlist with the macro buttons. But I don’t save a setting per application or netservice. So yes and no. Currently you can only have two macro commands per zone.

I would like to get a list of all the receivers that work with the onkyo receiver plugin. Then I can post a list of known compatible receivers on my wiki and forum topic.

All onkyo plugin users please post

1. Receiver model.
  2. Number of zones on receiver.

Jullio

What it’s the wiki website

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

[quote=“rickybello, post:74, topic:178032”]What it’s the wiki website

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk[/quote]

The first post of this topic has the wiki page link. I have a guide on this plugin. For your reference here it is [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_onkyoavr]http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_onkyoavr[/url]

[quote=“nottings”]How might I install an older version? I have a TXNR905 and this new plugin doesn’t work with it, but the old version worked perfectly.
I saw the link to the files for 1.4 and I have uploaded them to the vera Lite, but I can’t figure out how to make the onkyo device show up after the manual upload of the files. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide![/quote]

I would like you to try version 1.9. It is out now. Please let me know if I fixed your errors. If you could give me more detail on your errors I can try an fix them. I hope the newest version fixes those errors.

Jullio

Everyone try out version 1.9 of my plugin. Let me know if it works with your model of receiver.

[quote=“jullio, post:73, topic:178032”]I would like to get a list of all the receivers that work with the onkyo receiver plugin. Then I can post a list of known compatible receivers on my wiki and forum topic.

All onkyo plugin users please post

1. Receiver model.
  2. Number of zones on receiver.

Jullio[/quote]

Onkyo HT-RC360
2 zones

So far, everything seems to work. Except that the plugin keeps adding 3 zones, even though I only have 2. I’ve tried changing the config to only 2 zones, but it keeps changing it back. How can I make that stick?

Thanks for the plugin!

I have onkyo TX-NR809, I now can control my amp through vera on the web based GUI. But when I try and control it through the “VeraMobile” app it crashes as soon as I click on onkyo reciever. I’m not to sure if this is a problem with the vera mobile app or something in the onkyo plugin
Any suggestions?

Thank you for getting this onkyo plugin up!

Derk

I’m sure it’s operator error, but, I can’t seem to get off first base. I have the TX-NR509. I have the IP statically assigned in the receiver, and can log into it via browser with no issue - so I’m sure it’s not a connectivity problem with the receiver.

This is the first receiver plugin I’ve installed on my Vera lite, so no previous version to dirty the settings. After installing, I entered the correct IP (.99), saved, and reloaded. I refreshed the browser. After it came back up I saw the three zones. I changed it to two, and reloaded.

Now when it comes up, all of the buttons are de-selected. I can click on them, and they momentarily toggle, but return back to their unselected state. And, of course, there is no reaction on the part of the receiver.

I initially received a Luua error when I hadn’t put the IP in, but that resolved itself once I updated the IP.

Am I missing a step?