Onkyo Receiver Plugin

I only keep seeyinh the On and off button on my Vera2. No matter what I try.

On your vera2 what version of UI do you have? UI4 or UI5? What version of the plugin are you using?

On your vera2 what version of UI do you have? UI4 or UI5? What version of the plugin are you using?[/quote]

UI5 I have. Version 1.1. I have unistalled it and reinstalled it and now it is viewing ok. And I have to say: WOW! That looks good!
Any idea on when the version 1.3 will be published? I want to test authomationHD with it ;D

Hi ,

Thank you for this app, truly appreciate it.

Did anyone investigate the possibilities to play google TTS direct on the reciever, is it even possible?

what is a ‘typical approval time’ to approve this app by MCV? Shouldn’t take more than a day isn’t it?

The person at MCV who reviews the plugins is away on vacation for two weeks. MCV also shuts down / works at a limited capacity for several weeks to celebrate the holidays.

AutHomation does not have direct support yet for this plugin. It is on the list. No time frame though.

• Garrett

[quote=“tommylad”]Hi Julio,

I got my Veralite for xmas and have just started playing around with it. I got the TX-NR616 and I have installed your plugin. I have just filled in the correct IP in the config. I have a few questions:

1. I am able to switch the onkyo off, using your plugin and authomationhd, I have also set up a scene to switch it on, but nothing happens when this is actiavted. Any idea why?

2. I know the macro-bit is in beta, but I still wonder why I dont see my other inputs in the list (like cable or tv etc) I can only see Net, USB, XM etc. It would be nice to have a macro to switch to the hdmi that hosts the xbox etc.

Kind Regards
Tommy
Norway[/quote]

I added the other inputs to the macro. The Macro steps won’t work yet. Just leave it blank. The macro was primarily designed for USB and the net services. I can add code to handle navigation commands in later releases.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

[quote=“tommylad”]I am starting to love my VeraLite and even though I still dont own any z-wave devices I now wake up pc’s and switch off Samsung smart TV’s. The Onkyo now also works for om/off.

I have zone2 connected, via audio over cat5, to my daughters room. She has small computer speakers connected. So, I set up a scene powering up zone2,net input and choosing her favourite radio program. That worked… however I ended up upsetting (understatement) my wife as the main zone also switched to net and the same station…playing…well…LOUD. Anyone know why that happens? Normally, when doing this in the Onkyo app, the main zone remains at its default input (pc) when playing around with zone 2 and 3.[/quote]
I will have to look at the macro code to see if it handles zones. I haven’t tested it yet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

thanks for this great plugin!

can you please add option to select HDMI output main/sub and see the status? (HDO01 and HDO02)

and also option to mute\unmute no toggle (AMT00 and AMT01)

thanks!

Hello,

Thank you a lot jullio for this great plugin !
Almost all functionalities work for me (Onkyo NR 515). But only one very interesting one is unfortunately not working : Macro.
I have read that this is for the moment not robust, but just in case i am not using it correctly, that is what I do in the following example (I just want to launch a mp3 file on a DLNA server): supposing that mp3 file is the 1st file located in the 1st folder of the 1st listed DLNA server , I select “NET” as Input and “DLNA” as Net Service and then I enter the following macro steps: 0,0,0. But nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you a lot.

[quote=“ntk”]thanks for this great plugin!

can you please add option to select HDMI output main/sub and see the status? (HDO01 and HDO02)

and also option to muteunmute no toggle (AMT00 and AMT01)

thanks![/quote]
What receiver model do you have?

I personally don’t use HDMI output and that is why it isn’t implemented yet. Not hard to add though. I will add it to the feature list. No timeframe on adding it to the feature list.

Not enough screen real estate for both mute and unmute buttons. I did implement mute and unmute separately in previous versions. Is there a specific scenario you use for muting instead of having a toggle?

[quote=“yannicks”]Hello,

Almost all functionalities work for me (Onkyo NR 515). But only one very interesting one is unfortunately not working : Macro.
I have read that this is for the moment not robust, but just in case i am not using it correctly, that is what I do in the following example (I just want to launch a mp3 file on a DLNA server): supposing that mp3 file is the 1st file located in the 1st folder of the 1st listed DLNA server , I select “NET” as Input and “DLNA” as Net Service and then I enter the following macro steps: 0,0,0. But nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you a lot.[/quote]

I have not tested dlna with macros. If you could send me your logs when you run the macro I could troubleshoot. You need to change debug mode variable to 1 and debug level to 3 in the advanced tab. Do this before you run the macro again.

Great plugin! Awesome job. We really appreciate the hard work.

Everything works great on my TX-NR616 (After I figured out how to stop the Vera Lite from interfering with the Onkyo on the network.)

The only issue I’m running into is with the Macro as well. (Which I know is still in Beta, but I figured you could use the feedback)
I would simply like the macro to run Pandora and I just started testing it with the QuickMix (which would be index number1 I believe) and I can’t get it to work. It is able to switch the receiver to “Net” and then it highlights “Pandora” but does not select it. It just stays on the screen with all of the net options. Am I missing something or is this still a result of it being in Beta? I also tried it with vTuner and got the same result.

Please get back to me when you can, but again, no big deal. I really appreciate you creating such an awesome app.

Thanks,

Ryan

[quote=“jullio, post:51, topic:178032”][quote=“ntk”]thanks for this great plugin!

thanks![/quote]

I personally don’t use HDMI output and that is why it isn’t implemented yet. Not hard to add though. I will add it to the feature list. No timeframe on adding it to the feature list.

Not enough screen real estate for both mute and unmute buttons. I did implement mute and unmute separately in previous versions. Is there a specific scenario you use for muting instead of having a toggle?[/quote]

I have the onkyo 3008

Yes, for example when I receive a call or someone ring the doorbell and the the amp is already muted

Maybe option to send any command in advance TAB instead of add mute and unmute buttons

Thanks

[quote=“ntk”][quote=“jullio, post:51, topic:178032”][quote=“ntk”]thanks for this great plugin!

thanks![/quote]

Not enough screen real estate for both mute and unmute buttons. I did implement mute and unmute separately in previous versions. Is there a specific scenario you use for muting instead of having a toggle?[/quote]

I have the onkyo 3008

Yes, for example when I receive a call or someone ring the doorbell and the the amp is already muted

Maybe option to send any command in advance TAB instead of add mute and unmute buttons

Thanks[/quote]

I added raw commands in the config tab. I am writing a guide on using macros. If you would like to test it I am looking for more testers. I am trying to get a stable release of my plugin. I currently am on version 1.9 beta release. If you would like to test it or anyone else please respond and I can add you as collaborators.

[quote=“yannicks”]Hello,

Thank you a lot.[/quote]
I found a bug in the macro that broke the macro steps. Version 1.9 Fixes the bug. Thanks for the feedback.

[quote=“jullio”][quote=“ntk”][quote=“jullio, post:51, topic:178032”][quote=“ntk”]thanks for this great plugin!

thanks![/quote]

I have the onkyo 3008

Thanks[/quote]

I added raw commands in the config tab. I am writing a guide on using macros. If you would like to test it I am looking for more testers. I am trying to get a stable release of my plugin. I currently am on version 1.9 beta release. If you would like to test it or anyone else please respond and I can add you as collaborators.[/quote]

Yes I want to test the beta

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[quote=“ntk”][quote=“jullio”][quote=“ntk”][quote=“jullio, post:51, topic:178032”][quote=“ntk”]thanks for this great plugin!

thanks![/quote]

I have the onkyo 3008

Thanks[/quote]

I added raw commands in the config tab. I am writing a guide on using macros. If you would like to test it I am looking for more testers. I am trying to get a stable release of my plugin. I currently am on version 1.9 beta release. If you would like to test it or anyone else please respond and I can add you as collaborators.[/quote]

Yes I want to test the beta

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Send me a PM with your email address and I will add you.

Quick question. I am in the process of deciding on a replacement to my old Bose sound system. It supports 4 rooms, and I use it a lot. Does the Onkyo plugin support adding another amplifier and several rooms (4 total)?

I don’t see why not. Each zone makes a child device for each receiver, which each zone can be associated to a different room. If you want to try I can probably get it to work.

My plugin can have any number of zones. It is a dynamic setting. Anything on the amplifier is probably hooked up to zone 3 or 4 on some receivers. Mine is zone 3. Which is the unpowered zone. For me this is the zone that i would hook up an amplifier.

I can separately control zone 3, zone 2, and the main zone.

I hope that answers your question.

Jullio