Oops - reset zwave network

I reset my zwave network. I thought I was having it rebuild the network not erase everything.
Now my devices are gone.
I created a backup of my system before this and still have all the automations, but after restoring backup, I still have no devices.

Is there a simple way to repair the devices - 8 total.

Thanks!

When you did the restore, did you tick the box ‘restore z-wave network’?

C

I did not click restore z-wave network after restoring backup of the vera controller (not backup of the zwave network).

That might be your issue.

C

It might be. Do you have any recommendation on how to recover at this point?

Do another restore but tick the ‘Restore Z-wave Network’ option

Unless you’ve lost the backup files?

C

1 Like

Getting back to this. I had already re-associated one of the zwave devices. If I restore backup and include the z-wave restore, will that cause an issue?

It will, I believe, delete that re-association and put you back to where you were before you had the issue. I don’t think it’ll be an issue, but with Vera, sometimes you can never be sure…

C

1 Like

When you restore th Z-Wave network, Vera will overwrite any existing device data in the database. The new device will be an orphan, since it has been associated with an ID that no longer exists. I would unpair the device, restore the Z-Wave network, then re-pair the device. Any scenes the device was in will need to be recreated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.