OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.3+

love the plugin, just got it somewhat working… opensprinkler web interface responds to changes made via vera, but status is failing, buttons take a long time to update around 1min, sometimes not at all… get an error via web log of
luup_log:141: OpenSprinkler: poll_status from /js query FAILED: message: Invalid JSON Returned <0x2e393680>
any tips would be greatly appriciated

Just upgraded my firmware and plugin. I had to change some PLEG logic due to the new enable/disable state, etc. All is well except the zone names… Is there any way to manually name the zones? Vera/plugin automatically prepends OpenSprinkler followed by the zone name/number. This is unreasonably long, especially in the mobile apps.

Thanks.

[quote=“tbully, post:82, topic:185261”]Just upgraded my firmware and plugin. I had to change some PLEG logic due to the new enable/disable state, etc. All is well except the zone names… Is there any way to manually name the zones? Vera/plugin automatically prepends OpenSprinkler followed by the zone name/number. This is unreasonably long, especially in the mobile apps.

Thanks.[/quote]

As an update, in I_OpenSprinkler1.xml, I changed the “–Set the zone name”

luup.attr_set(‘name’, 'OpenSprinkler ’ … singleZoneName … “(S” … s … “)”, lul_zone_device)

to:
luup.attr_set(‘name’, “Zone-” … s … " " … singleZoneName , lul_zone_device)

…to fit my needs.

Thanks.

I’m Having a bit of trouble getting the button’s to show the actual state of Opensprinkler.

Have so far,

-Installed original OS (on UI5)
-Uploaded alb-json.lua through the develop apps page or vera, then SSH’d in and mv’d the file to “/usr/lib/lua/akb-json.lua”. Double checked with the ‘ls’ command to see it was there.
-Updated the 3 open sprinkler files

I can see the new buttons, they work, but don’t show the actual state and are just light blue.

The vera log keeps repeating the following.

01 11/09/15 1:26:17.119 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function poll_status_cycle failed [string "..."]:365: attempt to call field 'decode' (a nil value) <0x2ea27680> 50 11/09/15 1:26:19.101 luup_log:125: OpenSprinkler: Debug: poll_status_cycle : Enter <0x2ea27680> 50 11/09/15 1:26:19.101 luup_log:125: OpenSprinkler: Debug: poll_status : Enter : DeviceID: 125 <0x2ea27680> 50 11/09/15 1:26:19.119 luup_log:125: OpenSprinkler: Debug: os_http_call: statusCode=200, resp={"fwv":216,"tz":92,"ntp":1,"dhcp":1,"ip1":192,"ip2":168,"ip3":0,"ip4":22,"gw1":192,"gw2":168,"gw3":0,"gw4":1,"hp0":80,"hp1":0,"hwv":23,"ext":0,"sdt":0,"mas":0,"mton":0,"mtof":0,"urs":0,"rso":0,"wl":25,"den":1,"ipas":0,"con":150,"lit":100,"dim":15,"uwt":1,"ntp1":50,"ntp2":97,"ntp3":210,"ntp4":169,"lg":1,"mas2":0,"mton2":0,"mtof2":0,"fwm":1,"fpr0":100,"fpr1":0,"re":0,"reset":0,"dexp":0,"mexp":6,"hwt":172} <0x2ea27680>

btw, I just happened to have a few ssh commands written down from playing with a rasp pi, Im not very familiar with this stuff.

Further to the above. Do I actually have to ‘Install’ the JSON thing? I have just moved the file to the directory but haven’t done anything further to ‘install’ it.

root@MiOS_XXXXXXX:/usr/lib/lua# ls akb-json.lua lmo.so lxp.so nixio px5g.so ssl bit.lua ltn12.lua mime nixio.so socket ssl.lua iwinfo.so luci mime.lua profiler.so socket.lua ssl.so lfs.so lxp mime.so.1.0.2 px5g socket.so.2.0.2 uci.so

Also Get this error as the vera starts up.

15:48:37.975luup_require can't find /usr/lib/lua/akb-json <0x2c1b5680>

But as you can see from above post, the file is there. Really stuck at the moment.

Very little activity in this thread but thought I’d pop back in with a new question. There seems to be a lot of logging for this plugin in:

/var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

I see things like this very often:
11/20/15 10:20:53.273 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 83 service: urn:fowler-cc:serviceId:OpenSprinkler1 variable: ModeStatus was: Disable now: Disable #hooks: 1 upnp: 0 v:0x1294930/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2e785680>

Now, I can see the usefulness of these when debugging but is there a way to quiet these down?

I’ve already set debug to false in I_OpenSprinkler1.xml.

Thanks!

[quote=“tbully, post:87, topic:185261”]Very little activity in this thread but thought I’d pop back in with a new question. There seems to be a lot of logging for this plugin in:

/var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

I see things like this very often:
11/20/15 10:20:53.273 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 83 service: urn:fowler-cc:serviceId:OpenSprinkler1 variable: ModeStatus was: Disable now: Disable #hooks: 1 upnp: 0 v:0x1294930/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2e785680>

Now, I can see the usefulness of these when debugging but is there a way to quiet these down?

I’ve already set debug to false in I_OpenSprinkler1.xml.

Thanks![/quote]

Shameful bump. I know it’s not watering season so this may have been missed.

Thanks.

I’m deciding on getting OpenSprinkler for my birthday this March. Last time I posted here was a year ago. Anyone still finding this plugin is working good, stable?

I never use it but appears to be working. I really haven’t found much in need of “AUTOMATION” for spinklers.

Some people said to lock out during a party, but I have my sprinklers for early in morning only on weekdays. I never have a party going on at 6am.

If i need a manual override I open the Open-sprinkler App and put a manual rain delay on for a day or two or what ever.

Same… app works great… and original installed it to use with the virtual rain sensor to adjust use during rainfall, which was awesome!

But they updated the OS app to do that as well, and after awhile, I realized I really wasn’t using the plugin any longer. Figured with all the memory and plugin problems we all seem to experience from time to time, just made sense to uninstall.

Still really after some help with my posts 1 page back. Can’t work out how to the the current status to report to Vera.

I’m sure I haven’t got the akb-json thing installed properly but don’t know why.

^ Disregard the above. Finally worked out how to install akb-json

Used the following in a terminal command. For some reason this worked but when I moved the file via ssh it didn’t.

scp /local/path/to/akb-json.lua root@your.vera.ip.address:/usr/lib/lua/

[quote=“brucehvn, post:1, topic:185261”]Next you should backup the files that we are about to overwrite. Go to Apps->Develop Apps->Luup Files and download the following three files:
I_OpenSprinkler1.xml
D_OpenSprinkler1.json
D_OpenSprinkler1_UI7.json[/quote]

Are there plans to update the opensprinkler plugin in the app store with these changes?

[quote=“aurora912, post:93, topic:185261”]^ Disregard the above. Finally worked out how to install akb-json

Used the following in a terminal command. For some reason this worked but when I moved the file via ssh it didn’t.

scp /local/path/to/akb-json.lua root@your.vera.ip.address:/usr/lib/lua/[/quote]

This worked for me too on my UI7 veraplus. I can see the zone names and no errors are shown. I had originally used the Apps / Develop Apps / Luup files to upload the akb-json file and then used the mv command to move it to /usr/lib/lua via ssh, but it did not work. This method also added an lzo to the end of the file name. Just using an scp command, like aurora912 suggested, from my mac terminal worked.

I don’t have a need for scenes, but just another easy method to turn on and off the sprinklers.

CourtK

Hi brucehvn

I followed what you said and seem to still be having trouble.
Wondering if you might know.

I am using UI5 and recently purchased opensprinkler… think it has firmware 2.3.
When I install the app I get a device with 3 icons like mentioned and 2 other devices (zone 1 and zone2).
No buttons work… you can’t even click on them.

I have updated the files and the buttons have changed but still can’t click on them.
I have tried with and without a password in the opensprinkler UI but same results.

Have you seen this in your testing?

Does anyone know how to modify the names it brings in every Luup restart?

It adds “Opensprinkler” + OSName + “(” + OS ID + “)” and the names are simply too long…

I am using DataMine2 and EventWatcher, but when I run OpenSprinkler on 7 of my zones, it shows status changes for zone 1, 2, and sometimes 3, but never reports status changes for the other zones. I am wondering if this is because one starts when the other stops? Or some other issue?

I don’t think it’s an EventWatcher/DataMine2 issue…

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Upgraded to Vera Firmware 7.15. Now getting Can’t detect device errors whenever I change an OpenSprinkler device (on/off on zone, enable/disable on controller). Also, Opensprinkler is getting the commands and executing, but Vera isnt updating the status, so when I turn on a zone, I dont see the status change on the UI. Anyone else having these issues? Anyway to resolve?

Thanks,

[quote=“gabe.wieskamp, post:97, topic:185261”]Does anyone know how to modify the names it brings in every Luup restart?

It adds “Opensprinkler” + OSName + “(” + OS ID + “)” and the names are simply too long…[/quote]

Old thread. Still trying to get logging to a minimum but saw your problem. I solved it one page back:

[quote=“tbully, post:83, topic:185261”][quote=“tbully, post:82, topic:185261”]Just upgraded my firmware and plugin. I had to change some PLEG logic due to the new enable/disable state, etc. All is well except the zone names… Is there any way to manually name the zones? Vera/plugin automatically prepends OpenSprinkler followed by the zone name/number. This is unreasonably long, especially in the mobile apps.

Thanks.[/quote]

As an update, in I_OpenSprinkler1.xml, I changed the “–Set the zone name”

luup.attr_set(‘name’, 'OpenSprinkler ’ … singleZoneName … “(S” … s … “)”, lul_zone_device)

to:
luup.attr_set(‘name’, “Zone-” … s … " " … singleZoneName , lul_zone_device)

…to fit my needs.

Thanks.[/quote]