OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.3+

not sure if anyone still working on this - i have ospi version 2.1.7 - and UI7 i can control the valves but i get and error message

“OpenSprinkler : Error enabling/disabling controller: Connection Issue”

The valves change and they update in the ui but i just have that blue bar across the top of the vera with that error message

I followed the instructions from the first post to word but seem to be unable to enable the sprinkler devive
I get

OpenSprinkler : Error enabling/disabling controller: Bad Status Code: 404

I wonder if the password has to be md5 hashed.
I tried entering the plain string and also the md5 hash.
Any ideas as to what I could try?

any update?

I take it that the lack of replies here says this add-on is dead?
If so, it does not make sense to have an add on in the store that does not work. Can we get the developer to update it or remove it?

The only thing I am able to do with this add on V1.4 and Open Sprinkler V2.17(1) is disable and enable Open Sprinkler via Vera. Turning the Zones on or off does not work.
I will try to get this to work.

Me and a friend got it working again, with right icons, device categories and so on.
If the code license allows it, I’m more than happy to take ownership.

[quote=“therealdb, post:105, topic:185261”]Me and a friend got it working again, with right icons, device categories and so on.
If the code license allows it, I’m more than happy to take ownership.[/quote]

I?d be interested in the updates if you wouldn?t mind posting them.

Thanks!

[quote=“therealdb, post:105, topic:185261”]Me and a friend got it working again, with right icons, device categories and so on.
If the code license allows it, I’m more than happy to take ownership.[/quote]
Awesome!
Yes please let us know how you did this.

BTW, I messaged brucehvn to see if he was still interested in this add on. Hopefully he will respond here so we can get this add on working again.

You just need to change a couple of api calls.
Other things are just cosmetic.
If the original author is OK, I’d post the files and update the store.

[quote=“therealdb, post:108, topic:185261”]You just need to change a couple of api calls.
If the original author is OK, I’d post the files and update the store.[/quote]

Not sure if the author is going to respond. Do you mind if I can get that info from you directly?

I’m out of town for a short break. I’ll be back on Monday and I’ll post the files.
Long term I think it’d be better if we fix the store listing.

nice can u please upload the files u used so we could try it

[quote=“therealdb, post:108, topic:185261”]You just need to change a couple of api calls.
If the original author is OK, I’d post the files and update the store.[/quote]

yeah base of my research the problem was with the calls 202 and something like that – the response the the plugin was looking for was changed in the open sprinker update but i just never knew how to fix … kudos

[quote=“therealdb, post:110, topic:185261”]I’m out of town for a short break. I’ll be back on Monday and I’ll post the files.
Long term I think it’d be better if we fix the store listing.[/quote]

Great. Anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Get the files from GitHub - dbochicchio/vera: LUA Scripts for the eZlo Vera Platform (UI7).

I modified the original version that has not license attached to it. If the original author prefers to remove the files, I will do it.

No support for it, it-works-on-my-machine and similar disclaimers apply.

Feel free to fork to improve it.

[quote=“therealdb, post:114, topic:185261”]Get the files from GitHub - dbochicchio/vera: LUA Scripts for the eZlo Vera Platform (UI7).

I modified the original version that has not license attached to it. If the original author prefers to remove the files, I will do it.

No support for it, it-works-on-my-machine and similar disclaimers apply.

Feel free to fork to improve it.[/quote]

Thanks for your help with this but after uploading the 2 files, I get a lua startup failure.
Any thoughts?

Try to create the device from scratch. I never tried to update old files.

looks nice but broke my vera plus 2 times

doesnt give the option to configure the connectivity to open sprinkle

You have to set the variables as per the original plugin.
I’m busy finishing a new book, but I’ll take a look and write a guide in the next weeks.

v1?