OpenTherm Gateway plugin

Vera plugin to control the OpenTherm Gateway (see [url=http://otgw.tclcode.com/]http://otgw.tclcode.com/[/url]).

Currently version 1.1 is the latest version available.

Description of the plugin and features can be found on the Wiki.

nlrb,

I have unistalled device V0.1 and installed V0.2.
After filling in the ip and port the plugin starts working.
When I check the monitor tab, the fields are filled.

On the control tab I tried to change the setpoint.
It gives me the next error: ‘Invalid Service’. (in V0.1 and V0.2)

I have gateway version 4.0a8 running, and runs ok with the OTG monitor.exe
I don’t think that the problem is related to that.

I would like to know how you connected the gateway to Vera? USB/IP?
Mine is running over IP.

When I look at the Vera’s log when I have pressed the temperature button I foud this:
(http://192.168.2.152/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP)

02	09/28/13 16:32:50.930	JobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunAction device 85 action urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/SetCurrentSetpoint failed with 401/Invalid Service <0x30784680>

I don’t know if you have the same problem or not, but I just want to share it with you.
And YES, I’m so glad with this plugin ;D

I’m also using the OTG via an IP connection.

I think I’ve found the bug on line 22 of D_OpenThermGateway.xml (D_Heater1.xml should be S_Heater1.xml). Updated the zip file.

Hmm,…

I have removed the device completely and reinstalled it with the latetst Zip file.

I still have the same problem.
I will have a closer look later…

Andr

Oops :-X, my bad :-[. S_Heater1.xml doesn’t exist… I’ve put in all the services separately now. Hopefully that fixes it.

nlrb,

yesterday it still did not work, but because I still felt sick, I have not done a thing with it.
This morning I removed the OTG plugin and all the OTG files trough WinSCP. Then I have rebooted the Vera and reinstalled the plugin.
Now it does work! ;D

I have also tried to adjust the temperature with the plugin on my Vera and this works well.
There are some things I would like to be changed, but thats for later. First I want to test it.

Good work!
Thanks

Good to hear the latest changes fixed it.

Let me know what you would like to have changed. Otherwise I move my efforts back to the PowerMax plugin ;). For my use the current functionality seems to be enough.

nlrb,

On the control TAB:

The buttons OFF and HEAT:
OFF stands for TT=0?
How about TT and TC?
Where are they used?
When someone is using the plugin for the first time, is not easy to see.
Would changing the names of the buttons help?

On the monitor TAB:

I see cooling enable, central heating 2 enable, Cooling status.
That are funcions that I don’t use.
I would like to see the water pressure as example as seen in the monitor.exe.
Is that possible?

Is het possible to put a field on the control TAB to send a costum command to te OTG?

And in the Vera log’s I see this:

LuaInterface::CallFunction-2 lu_incoming failed [string "module("L_OpenThermGateway", package.seeall..."]:385: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value) <0x30159680>

[quote=“A.Ardon, post:8, topic:177124”]On the control TAB:

The buttons OFF and HEAT:
OFF stands for TT=0?
How about TT and TC?
Where are they used?
When someone is using the plugin for the first time, is not easy to see.
Would changing the names of the buttons help?[/quote]
This is the default thermostat interface. We could change it in the Vera web UI, but apps will still use these buttons. So that’s why I like to keep it default.

Functions are currently as follows.

[ul][li]Pressing OFF: TT=0[/li]
[li]Changing temp value to x: TT=x[/li]
[li]Pressing Heat: TC=x[/li][/ul]

[quote=“A.Ardon, post:8, topic:177124”]On the monitor TAB:

I see cooling enable, central heating 2 enable, Cooling status.
That are funcions that I don’t use.
I would like to see the water pressure as example as seen in the monitor.exe.
Is that possible?[/quote]
All OpenTherm v2.2 status flags are displayed (so also cooling & central heating 2). If you don’t want to see them you need to modify the javascript.

I’ll add the water pressure variable in the UI (value is already available in ‘CHWaterPressure’). My boiler does not support this, but that will be different per boiler.

Yes, I can add a custom command field & function.

[quote=“A.Ardon, post:9, topic:177124”]And in the Vera log’s I see this:

LuaInterface::CallFunction-2 lu_incoming failed [string "module("L_OpenThermGateway", package.seeall..."]:385: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value) <0x30159680>

Thanks. I’ll look into it. I don’t really get errors in the communication, so I haven’t run into it yet.

Ok, that explains a lot.

I will give It a try

That would be great.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Version 0.3 is now available. Full description can be found on the wiki (see first post for details).

Hello nlrb,

I would like to try version 0.3, but I can’t access it:

When I click the link:
This a private project hosted by repositoryhosting.com.
You are currently not logged in. You may want to do so now.

Apologies, access rights are fixed now.

Hello nlrb,

I have installed the latest version 0.3 and will test it today.
It looks great at first sight. ;D

I let you know how it works for me!

Hi,

I am about to order the OTGW. (I was waiting for Vera integration, good job to create this plugin)

Now I am wondering what version I should order.

Serial version, add an rs232-to-IP, see [url=http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8089]http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8089[/url]
or
USB version? Can I connect the OTGW directly to Vera, or should I then use the USB-to-IP option?

Depends on where you place it and the distance to the Vera. If the OTG is close to the Vera, then the USB version is the easiest. I’ve connected the TTL signals from the OTG directly to an USR-TCP232-T and connected it with an ethernet cable to my network. But you can better post this question on the domoticaforum.

I have purchased the following:
http://www.opentherm-gateway.com/component-kits/gateway-kit-lan.html

My boiler is installed in the attic and the thermostat cable is not near the Vera.
But I have a LAN cable in the attic.

It should also work via WIFI but I did not used that option.

After some weeks testing the OTG plugin, I only can say that it works great!

Trough Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) I have the option to change the room setpoint when nobody is at home for 3 hours.

I would like to us PLEG to warn me if the water pressure get’s to low.
It would be easy if there was a child device who display an actual value.
Is that possible?

I know that not everybody has the same output from the boiler, so you can’t just add all kinds of child devices.
But how can I add one for my own use? I tried to find out how to create child devices, but I don’t understand that yet.