PLUGIN: Caseta Connect

THIS PLUGIN HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM DISTRIBUTION

** reserved **

Caseta Connect Version 1.0.5 (Version ID: 30056) released to fix bugs in initial release.

Just bought the Lutron starter pack and was bummed to see that the RA plugin only supported the Pro version of the controller. Happy to see your plugin. Will try ASAP

I was unable to find the Plugin in the app store. I downloaded the files and followed you detailed (very good ) directions. The Plugin was created but it did not create any devices for the Caseta switches I have. I still have the Radio Ra2 plugin installed and the smart pro bridge. Any suggestions on what I should check?

It is still pending approval in the Mios Marketplace… (15 days and counting…)

The SmartBridge and SmartBridge Pro both allow multiple connections to the integration server(s). So having the RadioRa2 plugin still installed should not interfere with the Caseta plugin.

To make sure you have the latest status of the plugin, refresh your browser (F5 or CTRL-F5)

Then check the status of the plugin on the device tile.

Then check the settings of the plugin. Check that the “Bridge” tab shows the selected bridge, then check the “Summary” tab… It should show the list of discovered devices.

If the devices appear in the summary, but not in Vera, you may need to reload the LuaUPnP engine and refresh your browser.

If the devices still do not appear, you will need to check the LuaUPnP log… You can post it here and I will try to figure out what is going wrong.

new version (v1.0.8) available in the first post of the thread…

v1.0.8 (Version ID: 30106) January 19, 2016 (Not available in App Marketplace)
– fixed - unable to set debug mode from option page
– fixed - unable to set poll time from option page
– fixed - excessive debug logging when debug mode not enabled
– fixed - child device variables updated when values have not changed

I can not wait to give this a go. Thank you so much for your work on this plug-in. I just purchased a used Pro Hub to go along with my VeraEdge. Thank you so much! Keep up the great work. Will provide feedback once everything is installed. Should be within the next month or so.

Neil

I have logged out and logged back in to be sure the browser is refreshed. As far as the rest of the questions I am not exactly sure how to answer them. I have taken a snipit of what I am guessing I should be looking at ?

And…

Your issue is that you did not create the device correctly (you made a typo)…

Your device file is: D_CasetaConnect.cml

It should be: D_CasetaConnect.xml

With the device file being incorrectly specified, the plugin is not loaded.

Go to the Advanced page and correct the device file name, then close the device settings popup… then click on the red “Save” button in the upper right hand corner of the page… Allow the LuaUPnP engine to reload… then press F5 to refresh your browser…

You should then have the plugin running with a blue square icon that says “Caseta Lutron”…

Silly error on my part and I looked it over so many times. So I changed the file to be: D_CasetaConnect.xml

Now I get the message Caseta_Connect No Smart Bridge Device Found

[quote=“jquincy, post:12, topic:190407”]Now I get the message Caseta_Connect No Smart Bridge Device Found

First, upgrade to v1.0.8

Then, go to the options tab, enable debugging and post the LuaUPnP.log so I can see what’s happening.

The discovery routine uses mDNS discovery to find the bridge, and if that fails to find a device it then uses arp table loading… One of those should find the bridge… But I only have a SmartBridge v2 and SmartBridge Pro v2 to test… If you are using the original version, they may have different responses to the mDNS query or may use a different MAC address range…

If you know the IP address that the bridge has, you can enter it manually and bypass the discovery process… Go to the Advance tab and you will find the variables “BRIDGE_IP” and “BRIDGE_MAC”… and set them to the IP address and MAC address (using the format aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff) of the bridge.

I deleted my previous Plugin and made a new one with version 1.08. It discovered a TV instead of a Smart Bridge. The bridge I have is L-BDGPRO2. I entered the Mac address and the IP Address before this morning and it populated all of my Caseta switches and Pico’s.

Thank you very much for the work you put into this plugin

That’s not good… What brand of TV did it find?

I obviously need to tune the ARP search a bit… What are the first 6 digits of the MAC address for your bridge?

It found a LG tv.
The first 6 digits are 68:C9:0B

I was wrong. It found the Apple-TV

new version (v1.0.12) available in the first post of the thread…

v1.0.12 (Version ID: 30161) January 23, 2016 (Not available in App Marketplace)
– fixed - could not set Lutron Username or Password from options tab
– fixed - expanded MAC address filter for ARP device discovery
– changed - set device variables only if changed
– fixed - initial child device status not set for devices connected to a SmartBridge (non-pro)
– added - optional instant status mechanism for SmartBridge (non-pro)
– fixed - MQTT connection lost after initial keep-alive-time

new version (v1.0.14) available in the first post of the thread…

v1.0.14 (Version ID: 30164) January 23, 2016 (Not available in App Marketplace)
– fixed - luup io routine does not process LIP responses

Thanks for the update. I’m not sure I have done this 100% correct so here goes. I went to Develop Apps-Luup files… Downloaded all of 7 pf the files. Hit go.Reloaded Luup. Everything seems to be working perfectly.I had devices created from the previous version but now they accurately reflect if the lights are on or off.

Great… Thanks again for the work. I love the Caseta switches and there is never a problem with them getting out of sync.

Wife and family love them also.