Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

Very likely, yes. Logitech initially removed XMPP because of a security weakness and said they would bring it back once they fixed it. Seems like they have. I do not know if the fix requires any changes to the plugin though…

Hi,

My own hub has not changed yet, so I cannot see what has happened. The plugin mimics what the Harmony mobile app does so I the change should be small I hope.

I found that other apps that switched to websockets have the same issue. If possible do NOT update your Hub to this new 4.15.250 for now.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer”]Hi,

My own hub has not changed yet, so I cannot see what has happened. The plugin mimics what the Harmony mobile app does so I the change should be small I hope.

I found that other apps that switched to websockets have the same issue. If possible do NOT update your Hub to this new 4.15.250 for now.

Cheers Rene[/quote]I usually don’t find out it upgraded until it breaks. Mine updated automatically. It stopped working a few days ago. I just enabled XMPP option in the new Hub firmware. But I can’t test until I get back in town.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hi,

See the topic I created on this Harmony Hub software version and problem. There is a temporary fix that can help if you know your Hub RemoteID value.

Enabling the XMPP option will not help.

Cheers Rene

I would love to disable the XMPP option since they’ve so publicly disclosed it as a vulnerability. Can you elaborate on the temp solution? Assuming I just enter the RemoteID in the corresponding variable field, but not sure how to identify it…

Impressive quick turnaround time on the fix. Thanks Rene!

With V3.6 you do not need to enable XMPP and it should work on Harmony verisons 4.15.201, 206 and 250. See the Version log topic on how to install.

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene, much appreciated.

Once again thank you Rene for such a quick and effective fix :smiley:

[quote=“reneboer, post:662, topic:184450”]Hi,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

hi Rene, this is very frustrating: (1) my hub auto updated to 4.15.250 although i did not do anything (2) the auto update box in my UI is checked but the current version remains at 3.5. the hub connection failed and says “check IP address”. can you guide me how to upgrade to V3.6 please. thanks

[quote=“waltzer11, post:670, topic:184450”][quote=“reneboer, post:662, topic:184450”]Hi,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

hi Rene, this is very frustrating: (1) my hub auto updated to 4.15.250 although i did not do anything (2) the auto update box in my UI is checked but the current version remains at 3.5. the hub connection failed and says “check IP address”. can you guide me how to upgrade to V3.6 please. thanks[/quote]
Hi,

Vera has not yet made the 3.6 release generally available. They only do that on Mondays it seems. To force the update enter this in your web browser and put in your Vera’s IP address:
http:///port_3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8066&Version=37626

You must be on the same local network as your Vera. It does not work remotely.

Success.

Came home from a trip to find my Vera system all upset because of the Harmony Hub auto-update. A quick glance at Rene’s github page explained that I needed V3.6 of the Vera Harmony Plugin; I told Vera to update the plugin, but the problem persisted because Vera’s servers are still stuck at plugin V3.5.

I read the message above concerning a manual update to V3.6, called the appropriate URL, and VOILA! Vera is happy again.

Kudos to Rene, for staying on top of Logitech’s apparently rather random, unannounced and disorganized update process :smiley:

And a kick in the nuts for Vera, for not updating the app store on a more regular basis. I mean, this problem was introduced by Logitech days ago; Rene’s fix has been available and uploaded for days; and anyone using the plugin has been dead in the water for days. But you’re not going to publish the available fix until next week? Really?? >:(

[quote=“reneboer, post:671, topic:184450”][quote=“waltzer11, post:670, topic:184450”][quote=“reneboer, post:662, topic:184450”]Hi,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

hi Rene, this is very frustrating: (1) my hub auto updated to 4.15.250 although i did not do anything (2) the auto update box in my UI is checked but the current version remains at 3.5. the hub connection failed and says “check IP address”. can you guide me how to upgrade to V3.6 please. thanks[/quote]
Hi,

Vera has not yet made the 3.6 release generally available. They only do that on Mondays it seems. To force the update enter this in your web browser and put in your Vera’s IP address:
http:///port_3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8066&Version=37626

You must be on the same local network as your Vera. It does not work remotely.

Success.[/quote]

That seems to have forced the version 3.6 update and it looks as if Harmony Control is connected again.

Thanks for the quick fix!

I’m not understanding what’s happening with my configuration. I was having the same issue as everyone else, the firmware upgrade to 4.15.250 broke everything. I moved to the new version 3.6 of the plugin and voila everything appeared to be back in working order. On the next day without doing anything, everything is broke again even with version 3.6 in place and still on firmware version 4.15.250. I reloaded to ver 3.6 files but that didn’t do anything. Any suggestions on what to do next to keep the Harmony plugin working on my VeraPlus?

Hi lemrock,

Can you share a bit more details? Do you switch the Hub off over night? Does a luup reload help? Can you see anything in the LuaUPnP.log file?

Cheers Rene

Looks like everything is back to normal with ver 3.6 and firmware 4.15.250. One thing I did do before things got right was to block all the various Harmony related addresses at my router. I don’t know if there is a correlation, I’ll check that out later.

Hi,

I have seen other reports of Hubs to stop working when all internet is blocked. In the 250 release it seems their mobile app talks more to some web servers than before, so maybe the hub now does too. I have not looked into that and Logitech for sure does not share any information.

For the last few months I do turn off the Hub for a few hours each night (using a z-wave plug of course) and it have been very stable since. However, if you want to do that you have to stop the polling before you do, and turn that back on a few minutes after you turned it back on. See this wiki topic for details Polling the Hub · reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub Wiki · GitHub

As a test I am not turning anything off now, and my setup has been running for three days without a problem.

Cheers Rene

Has there been a recent update to the plugin or the Harmony Control itself? I’m getting the following error. I have already confirmed IP address and login credentials are correct.

Harmony Control : Hub connection set-up failed. Check IP Address, email and password

Sorry for last post. Just saw the sticky.

Getting “Harmony Control.Can’t Detect Device” error again.

Checked IP address, Username and Password. All good but do I need the port number in both Parameters and Variables?

Did Harmony lock it out again?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk