Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

Hi Sammy,

Sorry, but you will need to give some more information. Are you running the latest version of the plugin? What is the software version on your Hub? Did you check using the Harmony web app?

Cheers Rene.

[quote=“reneboer”]Hi Sammy,

Sorry, but you will need to give some more information. Are you running the latest version of the plugin? What is the software version on your Hub? Did you check using the Harmony web app?

Cheers Rene.[/quote]

For whatever reason the Harmony plugin is working now. It did have the wrong IP Address entered and maybe because I reset my router last week and I entered it wrong. When I corrected the IP Address it didn’t immediately connect but overnight it did. [Why are there so many places to enter the IP Address in the app?]

As a side note I had the same issue with my Enphase Solar Plugin but that connected too overnight.

For the record though:

Plugin version 3.6

VeraPlus version 1.7.4001

Harmony app works.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Sammy2, post:682, topic:184450”][quote=“reneboer”]Hi Sammy,

Cheers Rene.[/quote]

For whatever reason the Harmony plugin is working now. It did have the wrong IP Address entered and maybe because I reset my router last week and I entered it wrong. When I corrected the IP Address it didn’t immediately connect but overnight it did. [Why are there so many places to enter the IP Address in the app?]

As a side note I had the same issue with my Enphase Solar Plugin but that connected too overnight.

For the record though:

Plugin version 3.6

Harmony app works.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

upgrade your plugin to version 3.8 there was an update to the hubs that broke connectivity with the plugin, 3.8 corrected it.

[quote=“Pabla, post:683, topic:184450”][quote=“Sammy2, post:682, topic:184450”][quote=“reneboer”]Hi Sammy,

Cheers Rene.[/quote]

For the record though:

Plugin version 3.6

Harmony app works.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

upgrade your plugin to version 3.8 there was an update to the hubs that broke connectivity with the plugin, 3.8 corrected it.[/quote]

Oh… I thought 3.6 fixed it but did Harmony bork it again?

BTW, what is “Create Child Devices Embedded”?

yea they broke It again

Hi,

The 3.6 version is Ok with the 4.14.250 Harmony Hub version, they have not yet released a newer one as far as I can find. The 3.7/3.8 has some enhancements & fixes. I would advice to update.

Cheers Rene

Hello Rene,

Between all of the updates to the Harmony plugin after what Logitech did, my PLEG actions were not working anymore. All of the inputs were set as undefined. So i made the mistake to uninstall the harmony plugin. Now I cannot get the plugin install at all. I have tried uninstalling and installing several times. I then tried a clean install and removed all LUUP files from my vera and then installed from scratch and I have the same problem.

When I click on settings it says hamSettings. When I click on Devices, it says hamDevices. I have been unable to link my harmony to the plugin. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing is working. Do you have an suggestions?

I am on a VeraLite UI5 and trying to install version 3.8 of the app. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Millamation,

As I do not have a UI5 box anymore I cannot test that my self. It seems the changes in Javascript are not correct.

Can you send me a PM with the following:

• The altid in the Advanced settings (should be HAM…)
  • The device_json in the Advanced settings (should be D_HarmonyXX.json)
  • and attach the D_HarmonyXX.json file it self.

I will have a look what went wrong.

Cheers Rene

Have the API commands changed ?

List devices still works OK but the list commands one does not it now says:

{ “status”: “ERROR”, “msg”: “No commands found.”, “data”: [ ], “code”: 404 }

List Devices:

http://192.168.1.100/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_Harmony184&cmd=list_devices

List Commands of a Device:

http://192.168.1.100:3480/data_request?id=lr_Harmony184&cmd=list_device_commands&cmdp1=41309507

Working fine here, also 4.15.250.

Hi,

It is still working for me. Did your Hub software version change? Mine still on 4.15.250. You can check with the Harmony phone app.

Cheers Rene

Apologies if this has been asked before but searching didn’t seem to turn anything up. I have scenes that trigger Harmony Control activities. Is there some way for that activity state to be reflected in the Remote state (so that the remote buttons operate the correct things for that activity)? I had hoped this might happen automagically via the hub but it seems that it doesn’t. Is there a way to force that behaviour? Thanks for any assistance.

Hi Lennier,

When starting an activity using the plugin your remote should pick that up. For me that works. Also the Harmony phone app should show the activity. The plugin actually does not play a role in the communication between the Hub and remote or phone app.

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene, that’s what I had hoped/expected but it didn’t seem to work. Perhaps I just didn’t test well enough. I’ll try again and confirm that the app shows the correct activity.

Sorry if this has been asked before, is it possible to run a Harmony Sequence from Vera ?

I created a Sequence in the My Harmony app for my TV activity which launches the Youtube app on my cable DVR box.

Also I am still having problems as well listing the commands via the API, see my post above.

Thanks

EDIT:

My sequence is called “Youtube”

I tried this in a browser:

http://192.168.1.100/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_Harmony184&cmd=issue_device_command&cmdP1=57931758&cmdP2=Youtube&cmdP3=1

It returns the following but the sequence isn’t run.

{ “status”: “OK”, “msg”: “OK”, “data”: 200, “code”: 200 }

Hi cw,

I have not looked at sequences so it will need some detective work for me. I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers Rene

OK but don’t worry too much about Sequences for me.

I have a work around now. I created an action in PLEG to send this LUA code:

luup.call_action("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1", "IssueDeviceCommand",{DeviceID="57931758",Command="1",Duration="0"},184)
luup.call_action("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1", "IssueDeviceCommand",{DeviceID="57931758",Command="9",Duration="0"},184)
luup.call_action("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1", "IssueDeviceCommand",{DeviceID="57931758",Command="8",Duration="0"},184)
luup.call_action("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1", "IssueDeviceCommand",{DeviceID="57931758",Command="Red",Duration="0"},184)

It changes the Cable DVR box to channel 198 and then sends the red button command. This then launches the Youtube app.

Then using Vera Concierge with Google Home, I can now just say “open on youtube” and it runs the PLEG condition / action and it works and the Youtube app is opened.

Hi cw,

Well, if there is some (new?) feature i could add it may be worth doing, at least researching.

Note that you can reaplce your first three calls also with the change channel command. See the wiki Luup.call_action command details · reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub Wiki · GitHub

Cheers Rene

Indeed it does work

luup.call_action(“urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1”, “ChangeChannel”,{DeviceID=“57931758”,newChannel=“198”,Duration=“0”},184)