PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

I think the majority of the thanks needs to go to you @mikee! I will be looking forward to downloading this official version from the Mios app store. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I am exchanging messages with mios about being added as a co-publisher. They need JoeyD’s approval which I thought would be difficult given he has not been around for a while. However, I did get in touch with him and have approval but no word from mios yet. Hopefully soon. JoeyD did not say what he is up to but did say he just hasn’t had time to get back to the Vera work.

That’s awesome, really glad to hear Joey’s OK though as things happen (some good, some bad). Kind of strange that Mios would take the position that the plugin couldn’t be updated w/o his permission, it’s been something like 1 year since anyone has heard from him. I kind of understand but for the benefit of the plugin users and the plugin itself - it just makes sense to allow a fix to be posted through the app store. Nonetheless, you’ve saved this plugin and made many people happy… BIG THANKS !!!

Thanks for the kind words. I

Just got the keys to the plugin, evil-grin. Now I just need to figure out how to update it. I still have reports of issues with stability and would like to resolve that. I have rewritten all the control panels in javascript but, honestly, am a bit hesitant to release another version, the javascript does not seem to work with openluup. I don’t think I have a good handle on the issues that can cause instability on this platform and can not test adequately. I am working on improving the testing I can do. I have another vera lite arriving this week so I can verify UI5 operation.

Stability issues ?!?! Under what conditions ?

Mikee, just let me know how I can help. I can’t do much with an actual Vera (as it’s just too unstable) but I have a dedicated openLuup test system available with nothing else running on it.

Edit: Has anyone thoroughly tested actions ? I kind of dropped the ball on that one…

[quote=“mikee, post:524, topic:185402”]Thanks for the kind words. I

Just got the keys to the plugin, evil-grin. Now I just need to figure out how to update it. I still have reports of issues with stability and would like to resolve that. I have rewritten all the control panels in javascript but, honestly, am a bit hesitant to release another version, the javascript does not seem to work with openluup. I don’t think I have a good handle on the issues that can cause instability on this platform and can not test adequately. I am working on improving the testing I can do. I have another vera lite arriving this week so I can verify UI5 operation.[/quote]

I have been going thru the actions as they are used in the panels but I don’t think I have tested all of them yet.

@lingerba is still having ping sensor issues. It is likely an out-of-memory issue (or low memory can’t fork a process to run the ping command). I don’t see anything in the logs, TCC is running along happily and the garbage collector sweeps added are showing no memory growth in TCC (or at least no lua object growth). I don’t see any crashes but yet the memory continues to decline. It may be normal growth between garbage collection runs but I am not sure how often Vera runs it.

@backkri, how is your system running ? Did the restarts go away ?

Installed Ping sensor on my openLuup test server. Ping sensor doesn’t appear to like it’s new home, doesn’t function. However, Honeywell is humming along just fine.

I just installed it on my openluup system and it seems to run OK, the one problem I ran into is ALTUI does not implement the luReload() api the same as luup. It seems to be in application.luReload() instead of api.luReload() and hence the ping sensor can not perform a restart to get its ping going. A manual reload worked fine and I see the pings in the log. When I installed I gave the D_ xml and I_ xml.

BTW, the issue I had with the TCC javascript panels is also an ALTUI api issue, it does not implement getUserData() and does implement getLuSdata() the same as luup. Once I fixed this I was able to run the panels on openluup.

Ah, sweet - I’ll give that a try when I get home tonight… Glad to hear the resolution to the other issue.

[quote=“mikee, post:528, topic:185402”]I just installed it on my openluup system and it seems to run OK, the one problem I ran into is ALTUI does not implement the luReload() api the same as luup. It seems to be in application.luReload() instead of api.luReload() and hence the ping sensor can not perform a restart to get its ping going. A manual reload worked fine and I see the pings in the log. When I installed I gave the D_ xml and I_ xml.

BTW, the issue I had with the TCC javascript panels is also an ALTUI api issue, it does not implement getUserData() and does implement getLuSdata() the same as luup. Once I fixed this I was able to run the panels on openluup.[/quote]

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I still have the impression the TCC is making my system less stable (although I find it very difficult to say which app is really the cause). I did not make big changes to my Vera recently since the installation of the last TCC version (except adding 1 appliance module and deleting some ghost devices).

• I still seem to have multiple LUUP restarts
  • during the last week, I had 2 complete crashes of my Vera. No way to connect to it, only solution was to unplug it from the power socket. I solved that one using my old X10 domotics to reboot the vera regularly.

Regards.

How many devices (z-wave) ? Scenes (Advanced and custom Lua) ? and Plugins do you have ? How are your overall resources looking (e.g. System Monitor) ?

When I was using my Vera3 exclusively (custom Lua code, scenes, plugins, z-wave etc.), I found instability plagued me below 80 or so meg of memory (something like 78-75). I too had to have Vera restart every single night as memory kept slowly leaking away. When I evaluated and monitored memory usage by Mikee’s latest revision, memory never peaked beyond 1.5 meg. A total of 15 data points occurred over a 30 minute time frame. Every 30 minutes looked exactly like the previous 30 minutes. Average memory was 1.18 over 4 days. I didn’t observe a freeze, lockup or crash. This was performed on an openLuup system designed by Akbooer. The hardware was a Raspberry Pi2, quad core with 1 GB of memory running OpenWRT and Lighttpd (all native to Vera). This was the only plugin installed.

I have no doubt Mikee is working or has done everything possible to reduce the overall load of the system and to ensure stability. However not all environments are the same and this becomes an arduous process because of that…

If you made it this far then my point is this. Log data and careful examination of your environment is key to moving forward.

[ol][li]Info Viewer to filter your logs.[/li]
[li]System monitor to evaluate the resources available.[/li]
[li]HTTP and Trace Logs generated by the Honeywell plugin.[/li][/ol]

[quote=“backkri, post:530, topic:185402”]Hi all,

Unfortunately, I still have the impression the TCC is making my system less stable (although I find it very difficult to say which app is really the cause). I did not make big changes to my Vera recently since the installation of the last TCC version (except adding 1 appliance module and deleting some ghost devices).

• I still seem to have multiple LUUP restarts
  • during the last week, I had 2 complete crashes of my Vera. No way to connect to it, only solution was to unplug it from the power socket. I solved that one using my old X10 domotics to reboot the vera regularly.

Regards.[/quote]

Sure does help if you copy over the implementation file… Details, details. Once again, my bad…
Edit: Added 2 ping sensors (1 for Vera3 and the other for my Camera Server) @ 60 second intervals… Reset ThingSpeak and things are good to go…

[url=https://thingspeak.com/channels/76818]https://thingspeak.com/channels/76818[/url]

[quote=“mikee, post:528, topic:185402”]I just installed it on my openluup system and it seems to run OK, the one problem I ran into is ALTUI does not implement the luReload() api the same as luup. It seems to be in application.luReload() instead of api.luReload() and hence the ping sensor can not perform a restart to get its ping going. A manual reload worked fine and I see the pings in the log. When I installed I gave the D_ xml and I_ xml.

BTW, the issue I had with the TCC javascript panels is also an ALTUI api issue, it does not implement getUserData() and does implement getLuSdata() the same as luup. Once I fixed this I was able to run the panels on openluup.[/quote]

Been running this against VeraLite UI7 for a few days, no issues except I wish the up/down buttons worked :wink: Thanks, and keep up the good work! I had actually called a Honeywell rep asking for the API and he said you guys were working on it already lol.

Give AltUI a try, the increase and decrease in temp is fluid. That comment from Honeywell concerns me.

I registered for an application ID from them for the lyric interface (the only one they formally publish).

Thanks for the feedback @percussionking.

Last night I installed PLEG and my system almost immediately crashed. It went into a rolling crash where I had to manually go in and delete files to get it to recover. I was getting "LuaUPnP Terminated with Exit Code 250 (and some 137). My system is still crashing every hour or so. At least I can now start to look into why this is going on! I filed a report with Vera, we’ll see what the response is. I hope at least I can get some pointers on how to debug this.

And PLEG happens to be one of the few plugins that’s encrypted and cannot be installed on an openLuup system (not yet at least). Ouch ! Rolling crash… Not good !

[quote=“mikee, post:535, topic:185402”]I registered for an application ID from them for the lyric interface (the only one they formally publish).

Thanks for the feedback @percussionking.

Last night I installed PLEG and my system almost immediately crashed. It went into a rolling crash where I had to manually go in and delete files to get it to recover. I was getting "LuaUPnP Terminated with Exit Code 250 (and some 137). My system is still crashing every hour or so. At least I can now start to look into why this is going on! I filed a report with Vera, we’ll see what the response is. I hope at least I can get some pointers on how to debug this.[/quote]

If you made it this far then my point is this. Log data and careful examination of your environment is key to moving forward. Info Viewer to filter your logs. System monitor to evaluate the resources available. HTTP and Trace Logs generated by the Honeywell plugin.

@CudaNet there is no doubt that Mikee has done very useful work. I have all of the suggested apps. And DataYours to have trends. I have the impression that this plugin was just the step to far for my Vera Edge (cfr. the problems Mikee is having with PLEG right now, I have that one running for a long time without problems). There are limits to the number of devices / plugins / scenes that can be active at the same time. I will certainly have a look into the logs, but this might take a while…

Yippe, my UI5 system just arrived … of course the plugin doesn’t install … yet

Thank you for this post… Simply put, you absolutely nailed it … We can have great plugins and over tasked hardware AND on the other hand we can have “offending” plugins and minimally tasked hardware. It becomes difficult to discern between the two without monitoring their overall behavior.

[quote=“backkri, post:537, topic:185402”]

If you made it this far then my point is this. Log data and careful examination of your environment is key to moving forward.
Info Viewer to filter your logs.
System monitor to evaluate the resources available.
HTTP and Trace Logs generated by the Honeywell plugin.

@CudaNet there is no doubt that Mikee has done very useful work. I have all of the suggested apps. And DataYours to have trends. I have the impression that this plugin was just the step to far for my Vera Edge (cfr. the problems Mikee is having with PLEG right now, I have that one running for a long time without problems). There are limits to the number of devices / plugins / scenes that can be active at the same time. I will certainly have a look into the logs, but this might take a while…[/quote]

You should add a donation button to a post so I/we can help fund your R&D … Just saying !