Possible UI bug in 2.4?

Hi Patrick, my Vera Plus upgraded to v2.4 overnight and today while fooling around I think I’ve found a UI Bug.

I have a few reactor scenes with a lot of activities and I’ve noticed when editing one of them, that when I return to the activities view later, the “operator” is in what appears to be long form instead of plain English.

Vera did throw errors when exiting from the view claiming I hadnt saved (I had) and I was able to replicate this a couple of times.

Afaik they work fine but just not ideal from a UI pov.

How odd, this issue only appears when I’m using the remote portal. Using direct IP access from home didn’t show the issue.

Good info. Thank you. I suspect I know what’s happening. Reactor requires info from the Vera that isn’t available from Vera’s JavaScript API, so Reactor’s UI has to request it by making Luup (http) requests to the Vera. When remote, that request has to go through all of the plumbing and private tunnels Vera sets up, and those do occasionally miss requests, or take longer to complete the requests than the Reactor UI is willing to wait for. This also came up in the Reactor 3.0 beta now in progress, and I’ve made some tweaks there at least with respect to how long the Reactor UI is willing to wait, and I haven’t heard any negative feedback since, so I will make those changes to 2.4 and push them to stable, and if you like, you can try them. It would only be a change to one JavaScript file, so an easy update. I’ll let you know when it’s done and you can decide what to do about it.

In any case, I’m happy to hear that the action still works–it should leave things alone when that happens, so that part is working as expected.

Thanks again for the detail report. Stay tuned for more on this…

1 Like

Thanks Patrick, the reactor scenes are working which is the important thing. :sunglasses:

For the sake on completion on this thread, this issue was addressed in 2.5, and further addressed in 3.0. While remote access users may still notice unavoidable slowdowns (due to the amount of network plumbing involved in Vera remote access), the occasional lost request will be automatically retried and the previously-experienced reduction in UI functionality should be fully mitigated except in the very worst of circumstances (e.g. Vera remote servers down, etc.).

1 Like