Over the last week or so I started transitioning to openhab from a VeraEdge Z-wave system. Thanks to the help in this forum and especially the Item File Generator provided by “guessed” (many many thanks for that!) I have my system up and running. I use a Pi2 running openhab with the mios binding and the VeraEdge to connect to the z-wave devices.
I do have one major problem which I cannot figure out:
Using an Aeon Gen5 6 in 1 sensor I want to turn on an Aeon switch once motion is detected. I created a simple rule for that.
What is not working:
I cannot get the motion sensor to turn on the switch. And I cannot find out why.
What is working:
- The motion sensor recognizes motion and reports it to the UI (reports change from “closed” to “open”).
- The rule seems to work as tested with a different trigger device (see below).
This is what I did to test:
- In the rule, if I replace the Motion Sensor with an Aeon Door sensor everything works (i.e. the switch is turned on when the door sensor trips). i.e. If I replace the item name for the motion sensor in the rule with the item name for the door sensor (copied from the home.items file) it works.
- As soon as I replace the item name of the door sensor with the item name for the motion sensor it stops to work.
- As both devices use the same service I thought this is a valid test (as far as I can see motion sensor and door sensor use the same service in the binding (device:xy/service/SecuritySensor1/Tripped), where xy is the ID# of the item).
Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?