PTK5507 Firmware

Does anyone have the latest (v1.05 I believe) firmware for the PTK5507?

Thanks!

See DSC - Open Source Software

That works, but you have to compile it, correct? I was hoping to find an “official” version that is ready to go and doesn’t require me to download all of the prerequisite files and compile it myself.

Thanks!

I just got two. Both have 1.1.0. I haven’t found 1.1.0 anywhere. Might be able to get the 1.05 version when my friend gets back from vacation in about a week.

[quote=“isuee94, post:3, topic:189391”]That works, but you have to compile it, correct? I was hoping to find an “official” version that is ready to go and doesn’t require me to download all of the prerequisite files and compile it myself.

Thanks![/quote]
Version 1.05 is the one and only version available on the DSC support site. That is not to say the 1.10 doesn’t exist but it is not available currently.

Thanks so much Brientim!

So if your finished, I will lock out the share.

I’ve downloaded the files, so feel free to remove. Thanks again.

iv downloaded the firmware how do I install it iv added to SD card using fat32 and it dosnt say new firmware found to upgrade it
this download has thousands of files and zip file what do I have to do once I have downloaded the file can someone explain the next steps please thanks

Have to compile it? How is that done?

Hi

I’ve picked up one of these panels, and as it looks like it’s running v1.2, so I’m looking to do an upgrade to the latest release that’s on the DSC Site (Technical Library) which is still v1.05.3

A couple of questions for those tracking this thread.

i) what’s changed - is there a change log anywhere for each iteration ?
ii) Is the upgrade worth it, have people seen a noticeable difference ?
iii) is there a chance you can ‘brick’ the keypad if it is not completed successfully?
iv) is there a way to check the integrity of install files ?
v) Any other observations/lessons to share about upgrading ?

I understand these are the install steps.

Download the following 3 files…

PTK5507 update v1.05 (part 1 of 3)
ptk5507 update sig v1.05 (part 2 of 3)
rootfs ext2 v1.05 (part 3 of 3)

Extract all 3 files to a SD card

To update the PTK5507

1. Insert the SD card
  2. Select Options
  3. Select Installer Menu [Installer Code]
  4. Select Keypad Programming
  5. Select Firmware Upgrade
  6. Select OK to perform a firmware update

Once upgrade is complete, remove SD card.