Push Notification Plugin

New version 0.92 just published

Add implementation for Per-Notification Sound new feature on PushOver service.
This new feature allow you to change the notification sound.
You must have Version 1.5+ of mobile application to use this feature.

Also add a link to send a message directly from setup tab, to test your settings.

See first post for details, and roadmap.

Bonjour Melissa,

je viens tout juste d’installer le plugin mais je ne rĂ©ussis pas a le faire fonctionner. J’ai bien crĂ©Ă© mon compte sur Prowl, j’y ai crĂ©Ă© une clĂ© que j’ai copiĂ© dans ‘API Key’ dans l’onglet Prowl, j’ai aussi copiĂ© la clĂ© dans ‘ProwlAPIKey’ dans l’onglet Advanced.

lorsque je fais ‘send test message’ dans l’onglet ‘prowl’ le compteur demeure a zĂ©ro et aucun message n’apparaĂźt sur Idevice. J’ai aussi crĂ©Ă© une scĂšne ou j’y ai ajoutĂ© le code suivant

luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1”, “SendProwlNotification”,{ Event= “Test de message”, Description=“ca marches-tu ?”, Priority=2, URL=“”}, 19)

et rien ne se passe.

auriez-vous un indice comment rĂ©gler mon problĂšme. (j’ai Ă©videment testĂ© le push directement Ă  partir de prowl et ça fonctionne)

merci de l’aide

Hey,

Any chance you could add support for Super Toasty? Would be great as I have a Windows Phone.

Would be happy to help test if you need.

Hope you all have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Regards
Tim

Hey Massalia, as a Vera owner and PushOver user I’m saying a big thanks for developing and writing this little pluggy. 1 question tho
 would it be able to implement the feature that’d hook into existing notification system that vera uses (i.e. device state based notifications, etc), like it was done in VeraAlerts plugin ? Right now I’m using email based notifications, but it would be neater if all the pushovers from home automation arrive from one source (app). Also, I wonder how many peeps are still using the default app keys instead of their own ones 8).

Cheers,
H.S.

@goldriver

1. Try to press Reload on the dashboard
  2. Could you describe (Screenshot) what is displayed by the plugin on the dashboard ?

@tkoopman

Yes, if you can help me for testing the plugin, no problem, the API is simple to implement.
Thank’s for your offer.

PS : Contat me in PM, so we can exchange private informations like DeviceID.

@H.Storm

would it be able to implement the feature that'd hook into existing notification system that vera uses (i.e. device state based notifications, etc), like it was done in VeraAlerts plugin ?

Yes i’m currently looking on this feature, even if it’s a “dirty hack” :wink:

I had planned on fowarding notifications in Vera Alerts to the Sonos plugin 
 I can add an option to forward through this plugin as well.

Then Vera Alerts would handle the templating and integration with Vera 
 and can support multiple backends.

Note there is currently a bug in my Hack for when a notification name contains a single or double quote in the name 
 I have a fix pending for it. The Hack would not be needed if Vera Provided a hook (other than an additional external server) to deal with notifications.

@RichardTSchaefer

Note there is currently a bug in my Hack for when a notification name contains a single or double quote in the name ... I have a fix pending for it. The Hack would not be needed if Vera Provided a hook (other than an additional external server) to deal with notifications.

No offense for you Richard, i use hack because we need to bypass normal Vera behavior due to lack of an official notification hook for customisation.

in fact you find a nice way to bypass this !
We can work together for integration, if you need help from me, just ask !

Spoiler : I’ll support windows phone in push notification plugin very soon.

I did not take offense at the use of term Hack. I did try to motivate MCV in a direction that would allow this type of interface without a hack. See [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9525.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9525.0.html[/url]
But we would all be fools to expect that MCV will make a change that the developers request.

That’s why I propose to let VeraAlerts be the front end 
 others can create lots of backends 
 Vera Alerts could just forward the formatted message to the other plugins 
 when requested. Once place would have all the logic to interface to the Vera 
 and provide the templated text.

It would be complicated to support multiple programs cloning my code, which is already a clone of MCV code and than integrating with Vera. That part is tricky.

[quote=“tkoopman, post:43, topic:172383”]Hey,

Any chance you could add support for Super Toasty? Would be great as I have a Windows Phone.

Would be happy to help test if you need.

Hope you all have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Regards
Tim[/quote]

Hi Massalia,

Tried replying to your PM but it for some reason I don’t have permission. If you check my profile you can email me directly, and I can send you my device ID to use for testing.

Regards
Tim

@tkoopman

I receive your eMail, thanks for your help, i’ll send you informations soon, i’m still working on it :wink:

BR

Thank you for your work!

Tt’s great to offer an alternative to WindowsPhone users !
I look forward to update

Thank

New version 0.93 just published with support for Toasty notification Service for Windows Phone users, and improved code for PushOver service.

Because i don’t have any Windows phone for doing intensive testing, any feedback from Windows Phone user will be usefull.

Thanks for the update Massalia.

It works great, only small things that would be mice is if you could include an image. Even the default toasty image if you don’t have access to a Vera one. Currently it just displays a X.

Regards
Tim

[quote=“Massalia, post:54, topic:172383”]New version 0.93 just published with support for Toasty notification Service for Windows Phone users, and improved code for PushOver service.

Because i don’t have any Windows phone for doing intensive testing, any feedback from Windows Phone user will be usefull.[/quote]

@tkoopman

No problem, i’ll add it in next release.

New version 0.94 just published with support for Toasty Image.

Because i don’t have any Windows phone for testing, any feedback from Windows Phone users will be usefull.

You can now choose your image for each notification :

Hi Massalia,

Thank you for writing this App.

Unfortunately, I am having problems getting it to work and need some debugging help.

I want to use PushOver, but also am trying to get prowl to work.

I can send messaged from PushOver’s website, but I cant get an automation scene to work. (either by using the example Luup code from the very first post on this thread - and setting the deviceid to match my installation.

luup.call_action("urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:IOSPush:1", "SendPushOverNotification",{ Title= "Title", Message="luup test Message", Priority=1, URL="", URLTitle="", Sound="Siren"}, 66)

Note: my device_type is a little different from your example, I am using UI5 version 1.5.408 if that helps

, or by using the advanced tab pull downs to create the same type of message.

My error is:

Last Error : invalid user - 18:19 - (PushOver)

Can you please try to point me in the direction to resolve this invalid user issue.

Thanks in advance !

• Charlie

@Vuser

Hi, di you check your PushOver User key (Missing char, Extra spaces 
 ) ?
Can you try to send a message from the SendMessae Tab ?

Can you send me a screenshot (PM) of your advanced Tab.

@Massalia

2 questions

i installed the app from the mios store (within my vera) but it install version 0.92*, cannot find anyway to update, want to use windowsphone so need 0.94. SO how do i force an update to 0.94?!

is there a way to let it work with nmwp (==notify my windowsphone: www.notifymywindowsphone.com) also?
nmwp app works a littlebit better then the super toasty app on wp7.8, it supports already the upcoming update wp7.8 and new wp8 version (toasty not)