Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

I haven’t upgraded the firmware on my Vera Plus in at least a couple of years, and all of this discussion has me hesitant to do so. Currently running 1,7.2935. I do have a fairly small number of devices and simple installation with a Fortrezz flow meter and shut off valve, 8 Fibaro FGFS-101 Gen5 Flood sensors and their daughter temperature sensors, 6 motions sensors (Ecolink ECO-PIR2), a Kwikset door lock, and 5 GE/Jasco smart switches. I will be adding a Linear garage door controller today. I have 3 app/plug-ins: home mode, reactor, and one for the Fortrezz flow meter.

I know the advice is to back up, factory reset, upgrade and reload, but I am thinking I should wait given all of the problems. I am very limited in my technical know how in terms of fixing issues but with enough prodding and help from this forum and from the Ezlo help can muddle through.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Waking up and reading all the posts on this thread is making me dizzy. Well at least the forum is alive now. So it seems like many of you are seeing mode switches. Do you have geofencing enabled?

@leedavidr, I would still recommend you to upgrade. Given the set of devices you have, I would run my codes to disable auto configuration first, backup, upgrade with factory reset, restore from that backup you made after running my code. Then run all the codes I proposed in the zwave explained thread.

1 Like

In addition to all of the scene notifications from the ‘mode’ switches I received a controller up notification as well.
I reviewed footage from my camera around that time to see if there were any interruptions in its recording and I did not see any.

never used geo fencing as to many false alerts. I do my own with wifi and ping, using automate android app

My Vera Plus also switched to ‘Away’ mode overnight without any provocation. At first, I thought it was just me but now I understand it is definitely a syndrome.

I don’t use Geofencing. Nobody entered or exited the house during the affected hours. Also this only has happened once, and I knew it because I received a bunch of Motion Detected messages last night.

ISSUE BEGAN between the hours of 11pm 2/24 (when I placed Vera in “Sleep” mode) and 2am 2/25/2020 (when first “Motion” message was sent).

Since it is happening to everyone and I suspect, no reason why it would be unique to this firmware, I am suspecting that someone at ezlo was testing something in the cloud server and triggered this accidentally. I didn’t observe this… I am not connected to the vera cloud. I am actually blocking most of the vera’s connection from my router besides having disabled every thing I could. Another example illustrating why, I did this to begin with.

It would be fun for all of you to correlate the timing too.

PS: I have not been shy about this… cloud dependance or even mere reliance for home automation is intrinsically insecure. The “secure the vera” by forcing a login through the cloud is probably one of the most absurd feature I have seen. The most secure your system can be is by cutting all these cloud connections and use a highly secured VPN to connect to your home and within your home, a password protection login scheme within the device. The effective “secure vera” mode would be to add password protection login and cut the device off from all cloud tunnels and server connections…

2 Likes

I didn’t notice this either, but I have some code fixing back the mode according to my alarm status (you know, just in case I had a luup reload during the change - it happened too many times in the past), and maybe it kicked in before I could realize.
I will monitor my system and report back. I don’t have closed all the cloud connections, but a couple of things are blocked (thank to rafale77 scripts).

Hi,

Last Sunday (23 Feb) evening starting at 6PM (CET) both my and my wife’s phones started to have Enter events about each 20-30 minutes whilst we where about 20 KM from our house until we got home at around 9PM. Has not happened since (or ever actually), but we have not been to that same location yet either. Does timing for other match?

Cheers Rene

Support got me upgraded; so far so good… here’s the email they sent.

Please try this: click on the tab: Apps> Develop apps> and on the option: Test Luup code (Lua) please paste the following codes one by one and click on: Go, once You have a positive confirmation message, continue with the next line, once You finish all the lines, the controller will reboot, please wait till You have all the lights on solid on the controller and do the log in one more time.

os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*")
os.execute("rm /etc/cmh/ergy_cache*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json")
os.execute("rm -rf /www/dm/")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/dataMine/")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/z*")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/*")
os.execute("/sbin/reboot")

After this, the controller will reboot by itself, please let me know if you are able to access the unit after that.

Afterwards they applied the update remotely. Monitoring going forward but it looks to be a complete success!

Just switched to ALTVera and it’s a joy. It’s called Home Assistant. I’ve really had enough of all the hassle. There’s no end in sight to all these problems.

You’d think that checking for sufficient space before kicking off the upgrade wouldn’t exactly be difficult?

C

2 Likes

I was wondering if they may be testing something but you would think that you would do that in a ‘TEST’ environment and not a live one.

Right!?

It could be part of the f/w upgrade package.

That’s what those commands you ran did. Just freed up a load of space by deleting unused files.

C

Forum is alive for all the wrong reasons! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi
Do you mind giving the code to use with comments to simplify all this please? it would be a huge step for newbie like me trying to learn on my own

What code are you looking for?

C

I’m looking for the code you use to lighten the charge at the vera, avoid dzs restarting luup, avoid shooting the batteries every three months, etc … everything that can make the use simpler and cleaner
the idea is to have a code base for everyone

I will PM you. I though it was very self explanatory in the thread in question as I broke them down one by one.

1 Like

I understand that but it could have just been in the f/w update itself so it doesn’t need to be run manually. I guess it is moot now since this f/w re-partitions the RAM? How to check that this is actually the case?

1 Like