Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

If it were me I’d get it on a cable see if that fixes it for a start. Could be a number of reasons but favourite would be that there’s an IP conflict in that your VP has changed network settings…

C

I had this problem since 7.30. Every time I update the firmwrare i get this unstable remote connection. The only workaround is to do a reset by pressing 6 times the reset buttons several times until the connection is stable again.

That would definitely smell like something wrong with the LAN setup :frowning:
C

If you are upgrading from a version pre 7.29 you might have some devices that where previously not supported that will be rediscovered and may change IDs.

Yes, we’re waiting for the final QA on this and we’ll deliver the hot fix. I cannot give you a timeline for 7.32 yet, so my recommendation will be to apply the hot fix once it out.

What does the hot fix actually fix which problem?

I am in Vera Edge, 7.0.30 without problems for the time being (finger crossed) 8)

regards

Javier

Thanks, @Ioana, but let me understand, are you suggesting me to update at 7.0.31 and later on, when the hotfix will be available to apply it? Will it be possible to do both things at the same time (of course, one after the other)? Will the hotfix be announced in this forum thread?

Regards.

Javier

Hi,

We’ll have the Watt readings back in the webUI. After the 7.31 update our users reported that the Watt reading disappeared completely.

1 Like

Hi,

We’ll release asap the 7.31 hot fix, so you can try directly this one.

Of course you can do one after another, but I think it’s easier just to update once directly to the latest version.

I’ll create a new post with the hot fix and link that in here, so everyone is informed. :slight_smile:

Ok, Thanks @Ioana so, the “hot fix” will be more a “7.0.31+hot fix embebed”… So, I will wait for that one.

Kind regards

1 Like

I took the plunge and just updated my Vera Plus from version 1.7.4453 to version 1.7.4955

First I ran these codes to free up storage space

os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*”)
os.execute(“rm /etc/cmh/ergy_cache*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /www/dm/”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/dataMine/”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/z*”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/*”)
os.execute(“/sbin/reboot”)

And also ran this to set all devices Auto Configuration to 0

for k, v in pairs(luup.devices) do
if v.device_num_parent == 1 then
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1”, “AutoConfigure”, “0”, k)
end
end

I decided not to reset the Vera Plus back to factory and just did the upgrade. It took about 10 minutes with Vera counting till it started reloading the engine and coming back to life after the upgrade.

Visually in the UI7 web GUI everything looks OK and all devices seem to be present.

So fingers crossed.

I also updated my Vera Edge test unit, that upgraded OK as well.

3 Likes

OK I have noticed one problem with some of my scenes they now fail to run.

I am using the Imperihome app plugin for Vera and use these commands in a Vera scene, to wake up an Android tablet and display an IP camera.

luup.inet.wget(“http://192.168.1.21:8080/api/rest/dashboard/wakeup”)
luup.inet.wget(“http://192.168.1.21:8080/api/rest/camera/view?devid=IC_208_IPC_1”)

From the Vera log file:

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 407 service: urn:imperihome-com:serviceId:ImperiHomeDevice1 action: GotoDashPage <0x76e1a520> 08 02/26/20 14:54:14.361 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument PageIndex=1 <0x76e1a520> 01 02/26/20 14:54:17.370 FileUtils::ReadURL 7/resp:0 user: pass: size 1 http://192.168.1.21:8080/api/rest/dashboard/gotopage?pageIdx=1 response: <0x76e1a520> 01 02/26/20 14:54:17.371 AlarmManager::Run callback for alarm 0xa44100 entry 0x26ebba0 type 52 id 403 param=0x2b4a148 entry->when: 1582728850 time: 1582728857 tnum: 1 slow 0 tardy 7 <0x76e1a520>

Is luup.inet.wget now broken ?

EDIT: Scratch that, I just reloaded the LUUP engine again and this scene is working OK now. :open_mouth:

1 Like

The update to my Vera Plus went exactly as @cw-kid described, with no overt problems. I recall only one spurious device popped into existence, but it was one I could readily explain due to my recent tinkering with a beta plug-in.

I hope the majority of updates go so smoothly!!

1 Like
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*”) -- removes ergy config files which are useless
os.execute(“rm /etc/cmh/ergy_cache*”) -- removes ergy cache files
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old”) -- This the the backup info file of the backup before last. Not a big file by hey everything helps.
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*”) --  This folder contains the ssl keys for the vera. Doesn't hurt to remove before as it seems redundant with /etc/mios
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json”) -- Records the backlog of alerts not sent to the event servers. We should also remove the content of the folder alerts."
os.execute(“rm -rf /www/dm/”) -- Datamine residues if you ever installed datamine
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/dataMine/”) -- The database of datamine. Potentially big.
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/z*”) -- Previously used zwave chip firmware files including files for all regions. Can be safely removed. They take up quite a bit of space
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/*”) -- This folder records all previous upgrades history. Depending on how often you upgraded it could be big but generally isn't
os.execute("/sbin/reboot") -- this reboots the vera. Not sure why you would want to do it here.

Minor change suggestions:

os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*”)
os.execute(“rm /etc/cmh/ergy_cache*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/alerts/*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /www/dm/”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/dataMine/”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zbfw/*”)
1 Like

Is this something that should be performed as routine maintenance or only when planning to do an update? Does Vera do any routine housekeeping?

This would be overkill. I don’t think it is a maintenance step. It is more of an emergency, dump load step before an upgrade which should not be needed for most systems after 7.31.

1 Like

If anyone is interested here is the df -h before and after the upgrade on my Vera Plus

Before doing anything at all:

After running the commands to free up storage space.

After the new firmware update:

5 Likes

Based on that I’m assuming you would not want to do this after the update as you could remove something critical and break something.

Indeed, it’s not necessary after the update. A lot of these files are moved to read only partitions and non root partitions in the new firmware anyway so it would be like stabbing water. It is very similar to my savespace.sh script which was in a thread wiped from the forum.

It is one of the benefits of this new firmware you all should enjoy.

You can see from @cw-kid’s posting that the root partition went from being 65% full to 10%. It is still ridiculous that this partition is only 10MB (better than 8.6MB) given the fact that the flash storage is supposed to be 128MB but your plugins will be stored in another partition, the 50MB one and your user-data which gets overwritten every 6 min (new and improved in this firmware too) will be in the 19.3MB partition which is also only 10% occupied. This should vastly extend the lifetime of the flash and make it less corruption prone.

4 Likes