[RESOLVED] Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge

[quote=“Veera, post:40, topic:193497”]Like this?

“New Service” - urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1
“New Variable” - BasicSetCapabilities
“New Value” - 00=F0,FF=O0[/quote]

Yes in that order

Hi John M,

what do you mean with “Don’t forget to also enable customer care remote access in the initial email, so things will go faster.” ???

[quote=“simons, post:42, topic:193497”]Hi John M,

what do you mean with “Don’t forget to also enable customer care remote access in the initial email, so things will go faster.” ???[/quote]

In your vera under the settings enable customer care and copy the given string to vera in a support email. This way they can access you device.

got you, thanks !

I also cant get this to work with the procedure described above. I can control the children from the UI, but status reporting does not work. I cant believe how long it is taking for Vera to include this popular new device - 3 firmware versions on with all kinds of functionality included that I am pretty sure nobody will trust a Vera to manage (like security) and pretty much NO new device support.

I had this too. At first vera reported that device was missing and I couldn’t get status. But then I tried to exclude and include the relay again. Now it’s fully working. It’s been couple of days and still no hiccups occurred.

Kudos to Sender. Awesome!

Wow! Finally got this working module! Thank you!

noticed first hiccup. I assigned parent device to room called zzz so that it’s out of sight. I don’t use it. I assigned child devices to living room. for some reason child devices keep appearing to zzz and they just don’t want to stay in living room. I have several these fibaro relays and I’d like them to be organised in correct room. any ideas what might be reason for this behaviour?

That has nothing to do with this device.

It is since day one this behaviour is there (since UI2) Parent and child devices CANNOT be divided over rooms. The childs always stay with the master (parent).

You have to go to Advanced under the master device, and then to Variables. There you finde ChildrenSameRoom, set it to 0, and reload luup

Regards Dalhoj

[quote=“dalhoj, post:50, topic:193497”]You have to go to Advanced under the master device, and then to Variables. There you finde ChildrenSameRoom, set it to 0, and reload luup

Regards Dalhoj[/quote]

Hey, that’s awesome. I’ve had this annoyance for ages and never knew this was possible.
Thanks.

You have to go to Advanced under the master device, and then to Variables. There you finde ChildrenSameRoom, set it to 0, and reload luup

Regards Dalhoj[/quote]

I want to thank you as well. Now devices are nicely organized.
This is a bit off topic but do you happen to know if it is possible to hide devices or scenes? Scenes and devices that do not belong any particular room are in room zzz but it would be better if they could be hidden.

Followed all the above steps from Sender, got UI to control 2nd channel, but if i turn on or off from the switch it doesnt report in UI that state has changed.

I also saw someone had similar issue and excluded and reincluded, done this also, but after doing so, all the changes I made with removing capabilities and adding services was reset and had to do it all over again.

Is there any update on the power monitoring on the second channel? The tweaks worked to get the basic switch functionality working.

It’s pretty poor that a device isn’t properly supported almost six months after the first reports of problems, I’m really starting to think Vera was the wrong choice if they don’t provide proper device files even when they seem to understand the problem :frowning:

Some devices which are over 6 years old aren’t even implemented correctly.

That’s not exactly reassuring.

I don’t understand why a new set of device files can’t be quickly created with the correct (or at least better) settings - then users would get a decent experience instead of having to hunt around on forums and hack just to get a basic switch working.

Companies that can’t join the dots between internal knowledge and providing customer service tend to not survive because they lose customers through things it would surely cost very little to fix. You only have to read through the forums to see Vera are in that situation, with the level of satisfaction going down perceptibly even in the couple of months I’ve had one.

[quote=“rge, post:56, topic:193497”]That’s not exactly reassuring.

I don’t understand why a new set of device files can’t be quickly created with the correct (or at least better) settings - then users would get a decent experience instead of having to hunt around on forums and hack just to get a basic switch working.

Companies that can’t join the dots between internal knowledge and providing customer service tend to not survive because they lose customers through things it would surely cost very little to fix. You only have to read through the forums to see Vera are in that situation, with the level of satisfaction going down perceptibly even in the couple of months I’ve had one.[/quote]

Amen

[quote=“rge, post:56, topic:193497”]That’s not exactly reassuring.

Companies that can’t join the dots between internal knowledge and providing customer service tend to not survive because they lose customers through things it would surely cost very little to fix. You only have to read through the forums to see Vera are in that situation, with the level of satisfaction going down perceptibly even in the couple of months I’ve had one.[/quote]

I’ve made exactly that point to Colin Burke-McClure, Vera’s head of development in an email conversation with him & Marc Schenker. It was during the brief period while they were making updates less frequently in order to improve quality. The response was, “we’re about to go back to more frequent firmware updates so no need” or something to that effect. I also suggested that they could allow the community to develop device definition files and share them, as OpenZWave does pretty well… got no response to that one. >:(

How VCL expect to survive when they’re always chasing the latest shiny functionality rather than making the basics work, is beyond me. No-one wants a controller that half-works with everything but fully works with b*gger all. Colin & Marc didn’t answer that point either :wink:

I got a response from Veta support on the power monitoring - they’re looking at it, no ETA.

There’s nothing in the 3rd Feb beta release, so I read that as “don’t hold your breath”.

I also replied and asked if they could at least support manual entry of power on child devices, which would possibly be an easy fix.

[quote=“rge, post:59, topic:193497”]I got a response from Veta support on the power monitoring - they’re looking at it, no ETA.

There’s nothing in the 3rd Feb beta release, so I read that as “don’t hold your breath”.

I also replied and asked if they could at least support manual entry of power on child devices, which would possibly be an easy fix.[/quote]

You are now officially a member of the “standard answer machine”