Ring Video Doorbell - Vera?

I purchased the Ring Doorbell Pro and I find it excellent and would highly recommend. I had some troubles setting it up at first but works great, yes it would be great to have it integrated.

As for turn the light on when motion is detected, can you somehow use the alert that comes up? If alert received turn light on?

I’m not as concerned about the video integration nor would others as Vera’s video integration is kind of slow anyways. I suggest access from Vera to the functions and alerting of the device rather than the video feed. Most people would agree we’d use the video feed out of the app as it does the incoming notification/alerting. So if we dropped video integration and focused on functions only that should be fine in my opinion.

Agree that Vera should provide some level of integration with Ring even if they can’t initially leverage all features. Let’s at least get it in the ecosystem and then increment from there. Simply having “no support” is unacceptable.

I’m sorry, but the factory cannot integrate a device half way, that is why we support the developer community; so that users can add the functionality that they want or need when we cannot.

I’m sorry, but the factory cannot integrate a device half way, that is why we support the developer community; so that users can add the functionality that they want or need when we cannot.[/quote]

Ok Mark, I get the point. It’s just quite a few neat devices are out on the market and other platforms have integration with them while Vera does not. Not necessarily specific to Ring but just some of the well known devices. So sometimes I’ll take half baked over fully cooked then let the devs sink their teeth in. :slight_smile:

Marc, we previously installed the Rings and I have to say we are blown away with the Doorbirds.
Entry access is what we do for years now here at 007 Systems and we finally have a door station that works, works well and works for everyone.
The fact that you can use the Doorbird with a hardwired LAN connection makes, in our opinion the Doorbird, the door station to beat. They also have the ability to view the camera at any time which is not possible on the Ring and I could be wrong, but I think the Ring Pro
We are currently testing the Doorbirds software and comparing it to the Ring and have found it to be quicker, snappier and the video quality are better than the Ring. Even connected via WIFI. We have yet to test the Ring Pro but we need to have a hardwired LAN connection for our products so the Ring Pro will not work for us either.
To be fair, there was one feature we did like better with the Ring and that is the Motion sensing adjustment features. The ability to adjust the motions triggers were a plus but in the end the ability to hard wire the door station is a priority for us.
In addition, the Doorbird has just released new firmware making them ONVIF compliant meaning you can easily integrate their video and soon, audio into your IP surveillance systems. As we have not had a chance to test this ONVIF compliance out yet, I can not say it works, but from what we have see so far, I look forward to finally having one door station we can install anywhere, even on gooseneck poles that will do everything.
Marc, I strongly suggest you check the Doorbird units out and if you are looking for a door station to integrate with, go with them.

As we just got these products in stock, I will be making review and installation videos for the web site.
If you need more information on the Doorbird you can check them out here. Please check back as we will be adding more information as it becomes available.

[quote=“Jamr, post:46, topic:188907”]Marc, we previously installed the Rings and I have to say we are blown away with the Doorbirds.
Entry access is what we do for years now here at 007 Systems and we finally have a door station that works, works well and works for everyone.
The fact that you can use the Doorbird with a hardwired LAN connection makes, in our opinion the Doorbird, the door station to beat. They also have the ability to view the camera at any time which is not possible on the Ring and I could be wrong, but I think the Ring Pro
We are currently testing the Doorbirds software and comparing it to the Ring and have found it to be quicker, snappier and the video quality are better than the Ring. Even connected via WIFI. We have yet to test the Ring Pro but we need to have a hardwired LAN connection for our products so the Ring Pro will not work for us either.
To be fair, there was one feature we did like better with the Ring and that is the Motion sensing adjustment features. The ability to adjust the motions triggers were a plus but in the end the ability to hard wire the door station is a priority for us.
In addition, the Doorbird has just released new firmware making them ONVIF compliant meaning you can easily integrate their video and soon, audio into your IP surveillance systems. As we have not had a chance to test this ONVIF compliance out yet, I can not say it works, but from what we have see so far, I look forward to finally having one door station we can install anywhere, even on gooseneck poles that will do everything.
Marc, I strongly suggest you check the Doorbird units out and if you are looking for a door station to integrate with, go with them.

As we just got these products in stock, I will be making review and installation videos for the web site.
If you need more information on the Doorbird you can check them out here. Please check back as we will be adding more information as it becomes available.
http://www.007systems.com/doorbird-entry-access.html[/quote]

Jamr, I’ll pass your feedback onto the Device Integration Team. We have looked at Doorbird in the past, at least from a 30,000’ perspective. I think at the time the price was still too high.

Jamr how were you able to intergrate the ring bell I bought the ring pro because I’m limited on space or I would you the doorbird system, with the ring can you add the camera to come up on the Vera and impreihome apps? As well as create scenes with it ? I want to have it recorded to my own nvr system to. Please help! Also have you found you tablets yet? I still haven’t bought any yet?

For the Ring, if you install the Wink app (no Wink hub is required) and add the Ring to your Wink account, then you can use the Vera Wink plug in to create scenes base on motion or door bell press I believe. Don’t think there is any video integration going that route however.

How do you get a wink account?

Thanks for the wink info, that really sucks about the video portion of the doorbell.

@Newzwaver install the Wink app on iOS or Android, it will walk through the process. You cannot do it via the web, they don’t have a web app, it is iOS or Android only.

Thank you i will give it a try.

It does work with the WINK, and your system will complain (found out how to turn that off where it says device not found). It takes a little getting used to, but once setup, I removed the app from my iPhone, and now the light turns on when it is night, and there is motion, or the doorbell rings. :grinning: Let me know if you need help.

The issue is that the video feed is locked down unless you pay for a Ring subscription. I do not know if you pay the monthly fee whether it will work with the work around.

The issue is that the video feed is locked down unless you pay for a Ring subscription. I do not know if you pay the monthly fee whether it will work with the work around.[/quote]
Not exactly true Marc. The video feed isn’t locked down if you don’t pay the fee, you can still view your camera feed at any time (within Ring app), the fee is just for recording and it’s only $30/year. The feed is locked down by Ring though, I assume so they can keep their money maker (cloud recording). I do wish there was a plug-in for Vera to directly communicate with the Ring doorbell though, Button and Sensors, instead of having to use the Wink Connect plug-in to talk to Ring and then back to Vera.

I have a problem with adding Ring in the application Wink (Android).
I log on to my account Wink, choose to add the Ring, I log on to my account in the Ring and I have the message “Wink would like permission to access your accont.” I do not know where to confirm.

What wink app are you using? Do you have to pay for the app?

The wink app is free from your Mobile app market, or at least it is on Apple devices anyway. Worked perfectly for me. Not sure why the user above is having difficulty.

Soo…

Is there a rundown comparison of each one of these?

How’s integration with Vera coming along through the api’s?

I’ve been waiting a while on a doorbell because they seem to be in their infancy and before laying out that sort of cash I want to have one that is inter-operable with my Vera HA system.