running openluup vs 19.2.13 on rpi3 user named changed

Up til yesterday (I think) the user listed at the bottom has chanbged to a number like 2a1af96b-abdf-45a9-b569-34488290dc07 not my username, this means that altui thinks its an unregistered version - where does openluup get this from - it still appears correct on altui on the vera so I’m a bit puzzled

any ideas ?

Nik

If you are bridged to a Vera, then AltUI on openLuup will use the username from Vera. If you are not bridged, then this will happen unless you have got a licence key from me.

I am bridged to a vera and the altui on the vera has the correct name and so appears registered - I just rebooted the vera and openluup but its still the same - worked fine up to a cpouple of days ago

ok so looked at verabrigde and it had the correct first line for devices but second line said “No Vera”, before I rebooted openluup then vera so I tried vera then openluup and that seemed to have cured the problem

OK, good. Did you recover from a power cut? openLuup boots really quickly, so Vera might not have been online.

no power cut - strange though because openluup could control the devices even though there must have been a comms problem between Vear and the rpi

Yes, it’s a feature. Even if the initial contact with Vera fails, the bridge assumes that the child device configuration will remain the same, and if it comes back online then commands sent will still work, although the device status will not be polled. I should try harder with reconnects, but at least it flags the initial failure clearly enough.

how does the initial failure flag up at all - is this a reference to the " No Vera" message - I usually get " controller does not respond" often - 2 or three times in a row but it doesnt seem to to correlate with this - its the first time in several years its happened

Yes, “No Vera” plus the device banner line turns red.

“Controller does not respond” is an AltUI message which is to be expected if the Vera reloads or if the AltUI page is refreshed (there is always a pending request which gets closed.)