Schlage BE468/BE469/FE599 and Remote Codes

Schlage BE468/BE469/FE599 and Remote Codes

Hello,

For rental vacation place, I am interested on the locks mentioned in the subject line. I keep getting different info in regards to the support for remove code add/delete.
Schlage support told me only Wink works.
Smartthings support said not officially, but with a custom app/handler.
Vera seems it does without a 3rd party app/handler, right?

The setup will be simple: A hub, a smart lock keypad with remote capabilities (add/remove codes, lock/unlock, lock status) + a camera. Might add some smart LED lights and/or switches.

Or does anyone suggest other locks besides I mentioned?

BTW, new to automation…

I have a OLD BE369 deadbolt and have had no trouble adding / deleting pins. I don’t change them per guest, but rotate through a couple a year.
Worked fine for me in UI5 and UI7.

Also: Advice on wall switches for vacation rental. Try to stick with same brand at least. Some switches you turn off and on by pressing the bottom only. Others you press top for on, bottom for off. Different brands confuse renters who are not used to these kinds of switches. Had a nice leviton switch in place that was a bottom press only. When you pressed the top it would open the airgap to disconnect switch completely (as I recall). A number of times a guest called to say they ‘broke the switch’ by pressing the top and to them the way the paddle popped out looked like they broke it. Intermatic CA600 seemed a decent switch for awhile but once I upgraded to UI7 they would either drop off the net or start blinking white/red yet still working. Pulled them out of service too. That kind of stuff is a real pain when you are hours away from your rental.

Thanks for the tip!

You might want to look at the Yale locks, there don’t seem to be as many issues on them on the forums. Search for Schlage, then Yale, then Quickset to see the pros and cons of what other users say about the three major brands.

I had the Schlage locks on my Vera a long time ago but ever since the Universal Devices ISY994 came out with zwave I’ve been using that without problems as well.

I installed a Schlage BE469 and it works great with remote codes. I can set, change, and get notifications with them. I use the Vera Lite with UI5. No issues at all installing and including the lock.

Take a look at the Kwikset electric locks. They have a feature called Smart Key that allows you to rekey your locks quickly and easily. I find this useful with rentals.
http://www.007systems.com/kwikset-door-locks-electric.html

The place we are staying has specials with Wizard, Witch, and Man O War. Thoughts on those?