Sharp TV ethernet control

Sorry for the late reply; I just got back from vacation. This plugin is working for me on Vera 3 with 1.5.408, and it also worked with my Vera 2 before I traded it in. Please make sure that the correct IP address and MAC address appear under Advanced in your control pad. You will also want to make sure that the IP Control settings on the TV are still correct and haven’t changed for some reason (Enabled, no username, no password, default port of 10002. If all that checks out and it still doesn’t work, try uninstalling and re-installing the plugin.

Is there anyone else having problems with this plugin on 1.5.408?

[quote=“lastmacuser, post:40, topic:171325”]My on/off functionality was spotless with the Sharp App until the recent upgrade to 1.5.408. Now i have no TV control. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can ping the IP of the TV so I know it is there. Any other test I can do?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, like I said it was working just fine before. One question if u can answer. I used putty to try some commands on the TV. It opens to the IP address in putty but drops the connection after about 30 seconds. Does this mean anything?

It sounds like the connection may actually be timing out. If you have a successful connection in PUTTy, you should be able to enter a command, receive a response of ERROR or OK, and see the result on the TV. I have attached screenshots of my PUTTY session for you to see how it is configured and also documented in this post. Some test codes would be (the spaces are necessary for an 8 character code.

[ul][li]"POWR0 " - Power Off[/li]
[li]"POWR1 " - Power On[/li][/ul]

The command "RSPW1 " tells the TV to respond to a power on command over IP when powered off. I hope this helps.

There has to be a good reason why yours no longer works. I was just thinking that some of your TV settings may have been lost in a firmware update for some reason. You may also try unplugging the TV for a minute and plugging it back in. If you cannot make a connection in a terminal session, then Vera is unlikely to be able to connect to it either. You can also try it with your PC firewall disabled in case it is blocking the raw session on port 10002.

Strange connection problem here. I can connect with putty if the TV is off. When the TV is on putty connection is refused. Any idea why?

That is strange. I tried to connect to mine via PUTTY and the windows disappears immediately whether the TV is on or off, but the plugin still works fine. I am wondering if maybe it only allows one connection at a time and Vera has it.

Another weird problem since Sharp upgrade.
Reinstalled upgrade from thumb drive. Success. Vera now turns on/off properly.
Now white v shaped light on front of tv stays lit whether tv is on/off. It used to turn off when tv off. Any ideas on this?

There is a menu option on the TV to control the v-shaped light operation. I have mine set to always be off so that it only illuminates when you first turn it on and then goes out. Try changing that setting and see if it corrects your issue.

[quote=“lastmacuser, post:46, topic:171325”]Another weird problem since Sharp upgrade.
Reinstalled upgrade from thumb drive. Success. Vera now turns on/off properly.
Now white v shaped light on front of tv stays lit whether tv is on/off. It used to turn off when tv off. Any ideas on this?[/quote]

Has anyone been successful with this in UI7? I can turn off but not back on. Energy saving on the tv is set to off. Thanks!

It works in ui17.
Remember to get it to be able to turn the tv on you need to run the onIP command in a scene.
Same as listed earlier, in the advanced section of a scene, add the sharp tv, and add the onIP command.
Run that scene just once and it updates the tv to accept an on command while it?s turned off.