SMTP Fields Missing

I setup up actions to Notify via SMTP. I entered all the data and tested and the notifications worked. Today i noticed I did not get an email for an action that should of sent. Went back in to check all my settings, the SMTPUsername, SMTPPassword and SMTPPort fields are missing on the variables tab of the Reactor device. My test vera has these fields but does not have the SMTPSSLProtocol, SMTPSSLMode, SMTPSSLVerify, SMTPSSLOptions fields.
Do you know why the fields are not showing up?

Because these variables are rarely used (the feature itself is rarely used), they are not created automatically. You can add them by going to Advanced > New service on the Reactor device, using urn:toggledbits-com:serviceId:Reactor as the service, and specifying the name of the variable name you need. After creating all the variables you need to set, you need to reload Luup and do a hard-refresh on your browser.

Thanks for the info, But the Username, Password and Port field was there because i entered data in to them. Now they are gone.

Just adding this happened to my reactor about 3 weeks ago. I just re-added them. Thought i would just mention it. I can not remember what i did , but i had just been fiddling with reactor.

Any time you delete a device 7.30 and 7.31 seems to lose its mind and get horribly out of sync between UI and Vera. I find in these cases that a hard refresh is a good first step, and if that alone doesn’t do it, a reload or reboot followed by a hard refresh. No other changes of any kind should be made until that has been done.

There are other cases where this can happen, that is only one, I’m citing as an example. In any case, reload and hard refresh should be done any time things don’t look right.

1 Like

I’ve seen this on a number of devices. My system lost its mind over this yesterday while I was doing some clean-up. Reload and system reboot, and several browser flushes finally got it back on track. The caching mechanisms in the latest browser versions can also cause havoc. This browser problem is not a Vera problem; I see it with with many interactive websites.

1 Like

Update: I know how finicky Vera and browser and Luup reloads can be. In trying to get these fields to reappear I did multiple browser hard-refreshes, Reloaded Luup. Restarted the VeraPlus, Tried clearing all history and cookies, Tried different browser. Nothing helped. I did try @rigpapa suggestion and added one field and that worked but I decided to do a restore from a previous backup. Bingo. All fields that were missing was now there. I re-entered my settings and actions and the messages work again. What is wierd is that originally the fields SMTPUsername, SMTPPassword, SMTPPort were there and the others were not. When they went missing then and only then did the fields SMTPSSLProtocal, SMTPSSLMode, SMTPSSLVerify and SMTPSSLOptions appear.
VeraPlus v7.31 exrooted. Reactor v3.5
Just posting for information as I seem to working again.
Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you. Updates like this can provide a record of problems and provide insights. Glad it’s working again!