SP816 – Outdoor Motion Detector configuration Help

Hi Everyone,

Hope this is the right place to post, but can anyone help in getting the
SP816 – Outdoor Motion Detector by Everspring to work with Vera?

I have added the device, had to change the device file name:
D_MotionSensor1.xml in order for it to show arm/disarm features, but can anyone
tell me is it possible to control the LUX brightness/darkness so that it only triggers on a value that I set?

Kind Regards

Hi @cnet,

Welcome to the forum!

I’ve looked at the SP816 manual and the LUX adjustment seems to be in the analog domain only. There’s no indication that it can be adjusted via software.

Hi @HSD99,

Thanks so much for your reply. Ah ok, that’s a shame. I was really hoping that there was some kind of variable/setting that I could add to say what % of LUX it should trigger. I guess i’ll just have to set a time restriction up.

I had come across this for other sensors
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Everspring_Sensors
but like you mentioned I dont think there is anything for the SP816

Kind Regards

Here’s the link to the manual: http://www.everspring.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SP816-A501112630R_bak_20170714-1.pdf

It shows the values that are accessible via Z-Wave. Unfortunately, the light level is not a supported parameter.

If the detector is located in an area that isn’t directly exposed to rain or direct sunlight, I have had good results using the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 as an outdoor device. It supports, motion, light level, temperature, UV, and humidity.

I have three of the Zooz ZSE29, which are white-labeled SP816s, and I can confirm that adjustments are via the physical knobs only. Careful with those knobs too, I had one fall out while adjusting…

Thanks for your feedback @HSD99, yes I was going to go for the Aeotec Multisensor but unfortunately the area I’m going to use it does get hit by the rain.

@wilme2 Yes adjustments are through the bottom but only if you use a direct connection between PIR and device. If using a gateway like Vera, unfortunately they have no effect.

I disagree - the physical controls act the same whether using associations or a z-wave controller. But I will say they don’t work very well. I had trouble getting mine out of test mode - the instructions weren’t particularly accurate. I was able to get mine to 30 seconds of alert and ignoring light levels (report day or night), which is roughly what I wanted.

Hi Guys!
I have the sp816 and I have changed the files in Vera to make it appear as a presence detector. But I dont know how to trigger the armed and disarmed states, or I dont understand the effect of those states.
I have set the device to only be active during night through the analog knobs. I have created scenes where it should trigger, with the state armed as a condition. I thought that when the sensor detects something it gets armed?

Armed and Disarmed in the GUI really just relate to whether the Vera monitoring server is notified when the device is tripped. When a sensor detects something it becomes Tripped.