urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1

device_file

D_BinaryLight1.xml

device_json

D_BinaryLight1.json

category_num

subcategory_num

thanks, maybe Iā€™ll take a full back up first :grin:

Ok so looks like the Lux sensor child device is not configured correctly, Iā€™m sure it did work a few days ago so not sure what has changed since as I have restored the original config for the light, it constantly reads 250Lux, I have found this in the manual but not sure what to try next,

I added parameter 3 with 5 mins in device options for the light (not the sensor child device) but it did not seem to change anything

any ideas please

A LUX sensor outside should be in the thousands. So itā€™s definitely not changing? What happens if you shine a torch light directly at it? Does it increase in LUX value?

Hello thanks for the reply, no change, I waited till dark last night, might do another restore prior to light being installed and see if that works, turning into a career this is :wink:

Doesnā€™t ā€œlevel above 250 will be read as 250ā€ limit its range to 0-250? Anyway, see whatā€™s reported in the master variable. maybe itā€™s stopped its sync.

Yes Parameter 4 reads that way in the user manual. Perhaps the LUX sensor doesnā€™t read over 250 LUX. So in daylight you wonā€™t get an accurate reading.

But for night time you can make adjustments with Parameter 2 as for when the PIR sensor should be triggered when the LUX level falls below the set value.

Mmm, maybe Iā€™m expecting to much here, there is a lux control knob on the light which you can adjust for daylight through to darkness, I just wanted to know what the current light level is, thats how I thought my other Fibaro 3 in 1 sensors reported

Anyone know which is the master parameter? thanks

Thereā€™s not parm on the master. Maybe the only way to investigate this is to look at verbose logging. You can always try to open a ticket with support.

Having said that, even if Iā€™m a big fan of Z-Wave, itā€™s failing behind Wi-Fi devices. Devices are frequently half implemented. Veraā€™s lack of support is doing the other part.
I have just built a multi sensor myself, doing temperature, distance and light for under 25 EUR with Tasmota (because I didnā€™t want to wait a month for the order to directly come from China).

Thanks, I get you re zwave sometimes very frustrating, it cant be that difficult I just want it to work :rage:

I will give it one last try with a clean reinstall then Iā€™ll give up, thanks

To me reading the parameters in the screen shot you posted above it looks like the LUX sensor is not a fully functioning LUX sensor where it will report a full range of LUX levels especially for daylight.

The LUX sensor appears to be just enough to control when the PIR should be active during night time with the default being 50 LUX, when the light level falls below 50 LUX i.e. its night then the PIR will be active and the Light will then come on if it detects motion.

Or you can use the LUX knob on the device to set this also.

Yes I think you are right, so almost pointless apart from day\night mode, I could have sworn I saw it altering when I first installed it
Thanks

It would be nice if the LUX sensor reported a full range of LUX levels all the time, but its not a deal breaker I donā€™t think.

The main thing I would want out of an outdoor light such as this is the following.

1. To be able to manually turn the light on and off from Vera (manual override)
  2. To have a ā€œTrippedā€ variable triggered in Vera when the light detects motion / the light is turned on via the PIR.
  3. To be able to have a motion sensor device in Vera (Virtual device it seems in this case) that reflects when motion is triggered or not.

It may well alter but only up to a maximum LUX value of 250 I think, reading Parameter 4 - Multilevel Sensor.

If you cover up the sensor or wait till dark you should see it drop below 250 etc. But I donā€™t think you will see it go above 250 in direct sunlight ?

itā€™ll do that, just dont see the point of it creating a child device lux sensor and not reporting lux properly :roll_eyes:
any way just re installed, no lux at all at the moment

pitch black last night and still 250ā€¦lets see tonight

Agreed.

And Iā€™d certainly expect it to fall below 250 in pitch black.

lets see for how long and whether it alters

Also, look for parameters to change reporting interval. Maybe this could help.

I thought this was it but when I added it as a configuration with a desired value of 5 the next box along which was current value was not even there