Strange behaviour

I have a reactor sensor setup that turns on a security light when a physical sensor detects motion, this has been working fine apart from the physical sensor being unreliable, so I replaced it with a hue outdoor motion sensor (I have just bought a Hue bridge and installed AltHue) now when it trips it turns on the security light BUT also two z wave sirens which are not attached to any actions or activities (except a old vera scene which turned them on along with all the lights in the house, I have never used this scene!)

I just dont get how this can happen…

I wondered whether the hue motion sensor sent out a general type signal that triggered the sirens

Anyone else experienced something similar?
Thanks

Update, so I unpaired the siren then reinstalled it into Vera and when the security light is triggered by motion it sets off the Siren - right now this is doing my head in :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Have you checked the Siren in the Dashboard - My Modes - What to do if an armed sensor trips section.

just checking again, I double checked last time you mentioned this and set everything off but looking again I may have missed something …investigating now, thank you

Bloody Hell you’ve cracked it thank you!!

Strange because I had disabled the the house mode and never bothered to scroll down
Also these sirens have sat there for a year and Never gone off which is why I thought it was something I had done in reactor or the new hue sensor was freaking things out

G&T time now :champagne: :tropical_drink: :clinking_glasses:

Thanks again

1 Like