Support for Heatmiser WiFi Thermostats

cityboy - the forum rules don’t allow newbies to PM other users. You’ll have to send me an email as I suggested in my PM to you.

Hi racarter,

Very impressed with your Heatmiser wifi progress.
Could I get a copy?

Many, many thanks.

-theolsen

Hi theolsen

I’ve PMed you.

Just wanted to come back to say a big thanks to racarter for his plugin - it just works! And it works very well.
I’ve come over from Domoticz and I wish things worked this simply over there!

-theolsen.

Hi theolsen

Thank you for those kind words - it’s nice when one’s efforts are appreciated!

Welcome to the world of Vera. You’ll find lots of other great plug-ins to try - and there’s plenty of user support if you get stuck with anything. :slight_smile:

Regards

Alan

Hi racarter,

I’d really like to try the heatmiser WiFi plug please.

Thanks in advance…

faloony - I’ve PMed you.

Hi!

Just purchased heatmiser WIFI, works fine with my floors.

Could you please share the plugin? Thank you!

shapa - I’ve PMed you.

Has anyone else seen heatmisers new product

I’m holding out trying to work out which way to go, but time is running out as I’m about to replace my heating system. This seems to use it’s own wireless mesh between thermostats and looks a little cheaper for the hub and multiple thermostats. Down side I’ll have to wait for someone to hopefully integrate with vera, I don’t have the skills.

Compared to the current wifi thermostats which work on 802.11b so I’ll need setup a separate wifi network to stop it slowing down other devices. Also it will work out expensive with 3 thermostats and the hub which I presume I’ll need if I want to use the full functionality of all 3 stats. It does already have what’s sounds like great integration though.

Hi. I’ve been watching this post, waiting to decide which thermostat to get.

As my current thermostat is battery operated, with a volt free relay telling the boiler to kick in or not, i thought that a Heatmiser WiFi would probably work best as a replacement. Just need to get 230VAC to it.

How is peoples experience with integrating it to their Vera going? I’m currently using my Vera with the Android ImperiHome app, and would like to use the app to report the current temperature of the house, and be able to increase/decrease temp through the app - vera - heatmiser.

Anyone have any tips or issues?

Thanks

simo923

My Heatmiser plug-in does the things you want. It also supports the override function, in which you can override the unit’s programming for a set period and set temperature, and will keep the thermostat’s time in sync with that of Vera should you so wish.

There are more than a dozen users of the plug-in now, and it seems to be working well for everyone. When I’m away from home I use automator.app on my iPhone to monitor and control Vera, including the Heatmiser - although there’s also a Heatmiser app to do that without involving Vera if you want.

I’m planning on installing a SunTouch electric underfloor heating system. It’s a line voltage system. Can I use one of the Heatmiser tstats with a VeraLite to control the temperature?

jimsfield

Heatmiser certainly sell an underfloor heating thermostat, but I’m not sure exactly how it differs from their conventional heating system thermostat. I’m sure my plug-in would communicate with it if you get the wi-fi version but the code might need some tweaking in terms of the variables and control.

Can the VeraLite communicate with the HeatMiser over a WiFi network or does it have to be wired to the VeraLite?

Over wi-fi

Racarter, thanks for your replies.

You’re welcome. Just bear in mind that Vera Lite doesn’t have wi-fi - you have to connect it to a wireless router or access point. Vera 3 has its own wi-fi.

just wanted to confirm for any readers that racarters Heatmiser plugin for Vera works perfectly well for the Heatmiser underfloor wifi stats too.

-theolsen

Can I try this plugin? I’ve just ordered a Heatmiser.