Switchboard Question

Maybe daft question: I have a scene that put everything into my ‘Night Mode’ . Been trying to get it to work with Alexa without luck and was originally triggered from a zRC-90.

Modified it to work with a virtual switchboard switch yesterday. Perfect! First time! But, I need to ask Alexa to turn the house ‘on’ (The timer resets it 10 seconds later)

Is there any way for a Switchboard switch to have a default status of on?

No worries if not, I’ll simply rename it something like ‘Bedtime’

Cheers!

C

Interesting… I can pretty easily add a flag to invert the switch timer reset. Let me play with that a bit this morning and I’ll get back to you…

You are a gent, as I have observed many times before, both publicly and privately :slight_smile:
C

So, too much tangle for too little reward. I think your best solution is to either (a) call it “Night Mode” or “Bedtime” (this is actually what I do, too–“Alexa, turn on night mode”), or (b) invert the switch test on the scene (or Reactor/etc.)–trigger on off rather than on. You can also have the scene reset the switch state to whatever you want (even void if tri-state) rather than using the Switchboard timer function.

Cheers, fella!

Seems simple solution, that appears to work :slight_smile:
C